Qualys Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Qualys Interview Questions

Updated Aug 15, 2017

3.1

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Qualys in July 2014.

Interview

I was blindsided with a full phone interview that was earlier advised to be just an initial screening call. Interviewer doesn't seem too professional. Doesn't listen. Interviewer seems more interested in giving criticism remarks rather than observing. I have answered each question well with logical support but was told I do not qualified with because I don't sound comfortable enough. I wonder who can be comfortable after being asked with ridiculous non related questions. Interviewer advised me he would recommend my profile to the BD department instead as I would qualify there but as expected interviewer did not keep his words. Thought I was applying for a high school summer job. I question the integrity of Qualys.

Interview Questions

• Do you live with your parents? What does your parents do?   Answer Question

C/C++ Senior Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Qualys in March 2017.

Interview

I was interviewed twice over Phone/Skype. HR handled the scheduling of interviews professionally. Interviewer explained in detail about what they do and what they're looking for. He also explained about the project they're hiring for. Asked about what projects I was working on in current company and general and design related questions about the projects. Interview process felt streamlined but in the end, I have got no reply at all after a 2 week-long assignment and was a bit disappointed with that.

Interview Questions

• Q1. Write your own implementation of atoi()
      Q2. Write a periodic timer program with millisecond precision   1 Answer

Devops Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Qualys (Redwood City, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

Three phone interviews plus a day on-site. The on-site portion was a long day. Lost count of how many people interviewed me. Overall it went very well, but there was internal confusion on what the role actually was.

Interview Questions

• Where are network settings configured on a Red Hat Linux system.   1 Answer

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Qualys (Pune (India)) in September 2016.

Interview

The entire process was professionally managed. The interviews were scheduled on a timely basis and my timezone was respected.There were four telephonic rounds, followed by three in person. It was heartening to note that each interviewer spoke the same things about the company and the product line - there were no contradictions or anomalies as are usually the case when one is interviewing with multiple people for the same position. They invested time in giving a demo of the product which was very useful. They also were candid with sharing information and allowed ample time for me to ask questions. It was truly one of the most professional interview experiences that I have been through.

Interview Questions

• They asked about my experiences in product management in earlier companies. Also, there were situational questions based on requirement trade-offs, sales situations etc.   Answer Question

Sr. Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Qualys (Redwood City, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

Applied online. Recruiter contacted me in a 2 days. After chatting on the phone the recruiter said that there were no positions that fit my profile! However the next day they set up a phone screen with a Director. Phone screen focussed on intricate knowledge of JVM and threading as well as distributed systems.

Software QA Automation Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Qualys (Pune (India)) in August 2016.

Interview

I applied Qualys through linkedin.
    Interview difficulty level is High in qualys.

Round 1 - Telephonic discussion
    Interviewer asked me about basic questions related Selenium, Selenium Grid and Core java. Actually at the end of question's answer if He was not satisfied then he was saying that he expected (he gave answer) from me. I mean c'mon how can someone expect answer that he want until and unless it is direct question.
    Anyway it was 20 min discussion and I cleared this round.

Round 2 - F2F discussion
    The same guy started F2F again with me. Started with Project related framework and asked me to explain automation framework architecture. After few minutes, other guy joined with him and they both started asking me question on automation framework. After that some questions related core java programming asked. Almost after more than an hour third guy entered in room and second guy left interview in between(may be he has meetings) and then that third guy started asking me questions. I found one thing that the first guy was literally using his cell phone (may be surfing/whatsapp) which I found annoying. If you asked candidate not to use mobile in between then why you?
    Anyway at 1 Hr 40 Mins interview ended and asked me to leave for the day and told that HR ll get back to me.

Result: They liked my skills but I was not selected. (Mail from HR) :)

All the Best

Interview Questions

• To prepare for R1: all concept related to core java, selenium, testng and its annotation execution flow, automation framework, POM in selenium etc.
      To prepare for R2:
      1.automation framework in details,
      2.testng listeners,
      3.wap to find all palindromes of given string
      4.wap to find character counts in given string (Eg: kiss, output: k-1,i-1,s-2)
      5.find xpath of given scenario
      6.find first non repetitive char in string
      7.wap in java to find values of a,b,c where a^2+b^2=c^2, a+b+c=1000 and a<b<c   2 Answers

QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pune (India)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Qualys (Pune (India)) in August 2016.

Interview

1. HR calls you to ask the technical skills set and looks up if it matches the requirement.
    2. Face to face interview is then scheduled
    3. There are 2 rounds of interview
    4. HR gets back to you with the result in 2 to 3 days

Interview Questions

• General Interaction -
      Q. Describe your earlier project.
      Q. What was your role and what is the team size ?
      Q. What is the tech stack ?
      Q. How much are you comfortable with Db Testing , Automation Testing ?
      Q. Questions based on your resume.

Manual Testing -
      Q. What is the difference between QA and QC ?
      Q. What is the difference between Smoke and Sanity Testing ?
      Q. If you are given a set of Unit Test Cases, what will be your approach till you hand over the product to the client?
      Q. Write Negative Test cases for calculator.
      Q. Write test cases for the tissue paper box and suggest improvements if any ?
      Q. What is Integration Testing and System Testing ?
      Q. What is Severity and Priority of a defect , give an example of High Severity and Low Priority bug.

DB Testing -
      Q. What is the difference between INNER JOIN and LEFT OUTER JOIN ?
      Q. What is difference between Where clause and having clause ?
      Q. Write a query to find out average salary of different departments.

UNIX -
      Q.What all commands have you used in UNIX ?
      Q. What is grep command, write a command to find out string active from list of files ?   Answer Question

Territory Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Qualys (Redwood City, CA).

Interview

very intensive with every level of employee technical non technical question. Numerous people came to interview from exisitng people doing job to people from other group.Entire day with interview

QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Qualys (Redwood City, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

Process is pretty cool. If you have real experience you can crack it. Hiring team is very nice and smart. They have asked only questions related to job role. Overall experience is good.

Interview Questions

• Interview was around API testing , UNIX commands, Db Testing , logic. You can choose your comfortable language. I have selected Java.And also About QA process in current company.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate.

Technical Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Qualys (Redwood City, CA) in March 2012.

Interview

The process starts with a phone interview from the hiring manager. After the initial interview, they will have you speak with 2-3 other managers. They then have you present via WebEx on a technical topic of your choice. They ask that your topic be something that you are an expert on. If you get through the WebEx, they have you present in person at their headquarters in CA.