Qualys Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Qualys Interview Questions

Updated Apr 4, 2017

3.1

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Asked all basics questions of computer science. They check the fundamentals.

Negotiation

It totally depends who is more desparate

QA Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Qualys.

Interview

I went onsite for a technical round after a phone interview with the hiring manager. I have 10+ years of experience, should say the interview experience at Qualys was nothing but disappointing. There were 4 engineers in the room, plus one over phone. Most of the times they were not in sync as what to ask. They seemed disorganized and couple of interview panelists did not even greet me with polite gesture. The lady who was on phone, seemed to know nothing more than few linux commands but had tons of attitude. One of the interview panelist didn't even know how uname works and she was arguing with me for no reasons. In general, except the guy, rest had very limited knowledge.

Senior Graphic Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Qualys (Redwood City, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

The interview was fine, but prepare to have your position decreased on-site.

[Structure of the Interview]
    Sign in at the door, office tour, and you interview with 1 team member at a time. However, at the end of the on-site, you go through an odd negotiation process. The Qualy's employee working seems nice, but will immediately drill you to see if you were let go from past positions, initial salary negotiation, and attempt to devalue your initial offer. It's really awkward seeing the Qualy's employee try.

Quote from the Qualy's employee: "at Qualys, we don't care about titles... that's why we would begin you as Graphic Designer."

To end an on-site interview with someone that decreases your value is just the most disrespectful thing a company could do. An immediate red flag. An automatic impression that you aren't respected – a doormat. You shouldn't feel stepped on during an interview. Every other tech company values their candidates DURING the interview and doesn't decrease it at the very end... so shocking!

[ Other red flags ]
    1. The design challenge didn't exist
    2. No software testing
    3. Questionable design direction and standards in general.

[ Takeaway ]
    In the end, I would be expected to do senior level work in design and be paid less, given a lower title and stepped on by the Qualy's organization. Essentially working my way up to something I originally applied for – just stop. I called back to decline the position when the Qualy's employer was about to proceed with an offer.

[ Advice to Qualys ]
    Immediately consider restructuring as a company or you'll continue this train of poor, autonomy driven, and dated new talent entering. Poor company structure is the sole reason that no young and driven people are approaching your company.

Interview Questions

• Which logo would you select?   1 Answer

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Qualys in November 2016.

Interview

The hiring manager spent 80% of the interview talking about himself, even going into details such as what he expects when you go on PTO. I didn't have much of an opportunity to speak and he didn't really ask me any interview questions. After the onsite interview, I sent several follow up emails and received no response. They could have at least sent me a rejection email out of courtesy rather than rudely flat out ignoring me, especially since I interviewed in person and completed an assignment.

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Qualys (Redwood City, CA) in September 2009.

Interview

technical questions, programming, database questions and design questions

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was not able to negotiate at all.

Software QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Qualys (Redwood City, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

Connected by hiring manager after 2 days of applying online. Got phone screened. And was called onsite. Everything happened with 2 weeks. The interview process was quit usual. First round telephonic with basic networking, Linux and behavioral questions. Second round onsite, a panel of 6 interviewers asked questions related to networking, Linux and OS concepts. After 2 days I was called for 3rd round. This with directors, development team and couple of others. Was offered the job after a week.

Interview Questions

• Linux /proc related, basic networking protocols and shell scripting, but I preferred python.   Answer Question

Got another offer that closely matched by goals and expectations.

Salesforce QA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Qualys (Pune (India)) in August 2016.

Interview

I got the call from HR and he asked me for the discussion of Salesforce QA position and the other day I had a discussion regarding the role.After the interview they didnot call me back nor sent any mail regarding my disqualification.So here seems the HR is horrible even when I asked through mail regarding my interview status they didn't replied.

Interview Questions

• The questions asked was very simple like what is smoke and sanity then what is regression and retesting and so on..Then they moved to Salesforce related questions in which they asked me about the project.   1 Answer

Qualys Response

Sep 7, 2016 – Manager, Talent Acquisition

On behalf of Qualys I would like to apologize. We do pride ourselves in caring about the people that interview. Occasionally a mistake will happen and I just wanted to let you know that we care ... More

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Qualys (Redwood City, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

Biggest HR or Eng. Team blunder. The interview process was straight forward. Was reached out by a recruiter on LinkedIn, got a call and the phone screen was set up. The initial tech phone screen was easy and then I scheduled an onsite a week later. There were 4 rounds with 2 of them being 2:1 and other 2 were 1:1. Interview was easy and I was hoping for an offer. 2 days later when I contacted the HR for the final response, they called me and said they can't make an offer yet, the team really liked me but they want someone with a little more experience and so they are interviewing other candidates, and told me she will give me a final verdict with a week. I waited and waited and 2 weeks later, HR called and confirmed they won't be moving forward with me. Now comes the blunder. A month later, yes a month, HR calls me again and says we would like to extend you an offer. I was surprises and well rightly so. I asked what changed, and HR said team always liked you but they didn't find anyone else better than you. So they decided to have me in the team. I said okay initially, later HR and the hiring manager called and gave me a decent offer (salary plus bonus) but I decided not to move forward and hence declined it.

How do you expect someone to accept such an offer, clearly I was not the first choice. Anyways, In a short 6-7 years of my career I have not heard or experienced such a case. Either the team is responsible for this or the HR. Either way with their level of interview as well as work as well as the way they tackled the interview and hiring process, I would say look someplace else.

Interview Questions

• Interview questions were basic sql, coding and algorithms.   Answer Question

TAM Interview

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Qualys in February 2009.

Interview

Process overview applies to all client-facing roles. Initial interviews were not very challenging. After phone screens, an in-person meeting is conducted with at least one of the people that screened the candidate. After that, the candidate must prepare and deliver a ~20 minute presentation via the web to these same interviewers. Passing that, the candidate next heads to corporate in CA to present the same presentation to the CEO plus other executives that are available. Presentation is followed by a group interview/discussion, and then individual interviews. Be prepared for rude and antagonistic behavior from the corporate panel.

Interview Questions

• Do you believe that SaaS is the only way forward for software?   1 Answer

QA Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Qualys (Redwood City, CA) in February 2010.

Interview

Group of six took the interview. Getting a interview is tough now a days and setting such a scene is really an act of a genius. Already tense and it makes matters worse. Taking on 6 minds at a time. Asked about networking, unix and yes there were seven different thoughts about a question. Not a professional way to take an interview.