Qualys Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Qualys Interview Questions

Updated Aug 15, 2017

3.1

NOC Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pune (India)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Qualys (Pune (India)) in June 2017.

Interview

Very standard process and took almost a month to get the offer letter. Initial talk was over phone with HR and NOC operations manager. It was all basic questions about IT operations. They asked for a date when it would be possible to come down for F2F interview. Best part was that I was allowed to give any date, a week or two or even a month. F2F was all technical rounds. 4 rounds in total. Networking, Linux and one final with the Cloud Director.

Interview Questions

• How to configure redundancy between cisco ASA firewalls? DHCP configurations for VLAN, firmware upgrade procedure for devices configured with redundancy, Common TCP ports   Answer Question
    • Scenarios based questions on selection of Routing protocols, questions on remote connectivity troubleshooting, TFTP, SSH and FTP, SNMP and ICMP polling, troubleshooting questions on VPN tunnels, implicit deny rule in ACL etc   Answer Question
    • Linux: DNS and Network config, location of the files, questions on various editors, LVM, starting/stopping service in redhat, DNS issues, few questions on Elastic computing, wget and curl difference etc   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Qualys (Pune (India)) in July 2017.

Interview

The feedback was positive for the first team
    1 Telephonic + 3 F2F Technical
    Then, HR told, hiring for that team for which I was interviewed is full. The HR scheduled interview for another team
    Again, for the second team,
    1 Telephonic + 2 F2F Technical + Coding on System
    I am confident about the performance. I was given negative feedback in the 2nd team's interview.

Interview Questions

• Data Structure, Algorithms, Java, Threading, Spring, Puzzle.   Answer Question

Front End Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Qualys (Pune (India)) in May 2017.

Interview

Average Experience. I applied for Front-end developer(3-6 years experienced) through Monster. They called me to conduct f2f interviews at Pune Campus. I had an experience of 2+ years.
    There were about 30 candidates. And as per HR, there were 6-7 vacancies.
    1st round : Paper Pen MCQ. Questions were on Javascript, HTML and CSS. Around 12-13 candidates were shortlisted for the next round.
    2nd round : f2f interview. Interviewer was from the team that had vacancies. He described briefly about his team, skills they are looking for and project they are working on. Interview was average. I answered most of the questions. He was mainly checking if my basics are clear in javascript, html and css.
    3rd round: I guess 5-6 candidates were selected for this round. Their were 2 interviewers(having around 8-9 years of experience). I have experience on Java and Webservices also. Looking at that in my resume, they asked if they can interview me for a full stack developer profile as the have opportunity in the same. I told them I am interested for Front-end and I want to interview foe that profile. He asked me few Javascript and Html questions. I answered 70-80% of them. Then he started asking me java questions(linked-list, string, matrix and discussion on various sorting algo. ) . He took me off-guard by asking various java algorithms' questions and I got pretty nervous. I was stammering a lot and didn't answer upto the mark. After that he asked me few CSS questions in which i got confused in basics like difference between border, padding and margin.
    Well, that was it for me.
    I didn't clear this round. Last round was HR.
    Later I contacted the HR through LinkedIn. Seems like not even a single candidate was selected out of 30+ appeared ones.

Interview Questions

• event bubbling, closure, marquee, span tag, SVG, DOM, few outputs of code snippets, reverse a string, mid element of doubly linked list, quick sort vs merge sort.
      CSS : Questions on float, padding, margin, border, visibility. They will confuse you a lot . So basics should be clear about all the CSS property.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Qualys (Pune (India)) in May 2017.

Interview

It took very very long and time taking process in qualys.
    First round was telephonic, This round was not very tough they just screening and identifying you knowledge area and the technologies.
    Second round was f2f and 2 peoples took interview and the same day they took third round.
     the final round was took from the onsite people.
    But the taking very long time to give feed back.

Interview Questions

• Basically average questions they asked.
      your current profile and what you have done in current organization   1 Answer

FP&A Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Qualys in May 2017.

Interview

Standard interview process. talked to a recruiter first and followed by a call with hiring manager. There is also an excel challenge after using webex. The team seems to be newly structured. VPs from investment background may be demanding.

Interview Questions

• make up an income statement that you will present to the CFO   Answer Question

C/C++ Senior Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Qualys in March 2017.

Interview

I was interviewed twice over Phone/Skype. HR handled the scheduling of interviews professionally. Interviewer explained in detail about what they do and what they're looking for. He also explained about the project they're hiring for. Asked about what projects I was working on in current company and general and design related questions about the projects. Interview process felt streamlined but in the end, I have got no reply at all after a 2 week-long assignment and was a bit disappointed with that.

Interview Questions

• Q1. Write your own implementation of atoi()
      Q2. Write a periodic timer program with millisecond precision   1 Answer

Devops Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Qualys (Redwood City, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

Three phone interviews plus a day on-site. The on-site portion was a long day. Lost count of how many people interviewed me. Overall it went very well, but there was internal confusion on what the role actually was.

Interview Questions

• Where are network settings configured on a Red Hat Linux system.   1 Answer

Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Qualys (Redwood City, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

The interview was thorough, as well as the company overview provided by those I interviewed with. Team seemed excited about what they were working on. Everyone knew the areas/topics they wanted to cover. They made me feel comfortable. Expect alot of questions, whiteboarding especially if one is technical.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about the company, why should we hire you and what do you really want to do.   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Qualys in November 2016.

Interview

The hiring manager spent 80% of the interview talking about himself, even going into details such as what he expects when you go on PTO. I didn't have much of an opportunity to speak and he didn't really ask me any interview questions. After the onsite interview, I sent several follow up emails and received no response. They could have at least sent me a rejection email out of courtesy rather than rudely flat out ignoring me, especially since I interviewed in person and completed an assignment.

Senior Graphic Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Qualys (Redwood City, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

The interview was fine, but prepare to have your position decreased on-site.

[Structure of the Interview]
    Sign in at the door, office tour, and you interview with 1 team member at a time. However, at the end of the on-site, you go through an odd negotiation process. The Qualy's employee working seems nice, but will immediately drill you to see if you were let go from past positions, initial salary negotiation, and attempt to devalue your initial offer. It's really awkward seeing the Qualy's employee try.

Quote from the Qualy's employee: "at Qualys, we don't care about titles... that's why we would begin you as Graphic Designer."

To end an on-site interview with someone that decreases your value is just the most disrespectful thing a company could do. An immediate red flag. An automatic impression that you aren't respected – a doormat. You shouldn't feel stepped on during an interview. Every other tech company values their candidates DURING the interview and doesn't decrease it at the very end... so shocking!

[ Other red flags ]
    1. The design challenge didn't exist
    2. No software testing
    3. Questionable design direction and standards in general.

[ Takeaway ]
    In the end, I would be expected to do senior level work in design and be paid less, given a lower title and stepped on by the Qualy's organization. Essentially working my way up to something I originally applied for – just stop. I called back to decline the position when the Qualy's employer was about to proceed with an offer.

[ Advice to Qualys ]
    Immediately consider restructuring as a company or you'll continue this train of poor, autonomy driven, and dated new talent entering. Poor company structure is the sole reason that no young and driven people are approaching your company.

Interview Questions

• Which logo would you select?   1 Answer