Qualys QA Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Qualys QA Engineer Interview Questions

6 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

QA Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Qualys.

Interview

I went onsite for a technical round after a phone interview with the hiring manager. I have 10+ years of experience, should say the interview experience at Qualys was nothing but disappointing. There were 4 engineers in the room, plus one over phone. Most of the times they were not in sync as what to ask. They seemed disorganized and couple of interview panelists did not even greet me with polite gesture. The lady who was on phone, seemed to know nothing more than few linux commands but had tons of attitude. One of the interview panelist didn't even know how uname works and she was arguing with me for no reasons. In general, except the guy, rest had very limited knowledge.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Qualys

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Qualys (Redwood City, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

Process is pretty cool. If you have real experience you can crack it. Hiring team is very nice and smart. They have asked only questions related to job role. Overall experience is good.

Interview Questions

• Interview was around API testing , UNIX commands, Db Testing , logic. You can choose your comfortable language. I have selected Java.And also About QA process in current company.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Qualys (Redwood City, CA) in November 2011.

Interview

Did a phone interview with the manager.Explained my strengths and weakness and what I can bring to the position.Wasn't very clear on what exactly the job requires.Was asked to come onsite

Had three interviews
    a)2i QA engineers quizzed me on various SQL questions(one of my weaknesses..so didn't do that well)
    b)2 developers quizzed on various Junit related questions and API related questions.At this point I realized the job position didn't meet my qualification and I kind of lost interest.Also one interviewer was extremely rude when I didn't answer some basic question from his view point.I had made it clear in my phone interview what I was bringing to the table.Guess the manager should have communicated to the interviewer.
    c)1:1 interview with the same person whom I had phone interview with.I kind of explained him that this position only needs 20% of my strengths and other things I will have to pick up on the job.

Overall,the interview experience was bad-I expect the interviewers to be humble about the questions they ask and if the interviewee is not meeting their expectations,it's not end of the world and should be treated as such.

QA Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Qualys in May 2009.

Interview

Interview Process was tough for a QA position. Had a phone interview with the Dir of QA team. Received an email from hiring manager next day. Scheduled interview the same week. Had 8 people interviewed from different teams (Dev, QA). They all discussed about me while I was still sitting in the room. Last interview was with Dir. again and he only asked about joining date and salary offer.

very low salary offer

QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pune (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Qualys (Pune (India)).

Interview

Interview process dragged on, but overall it was a good experience, lots of technical questions.
    In depth knowledge of technologies required, security domain prefered.
    many rounds of interview and will be interviewed by almost everyone from team.
    Rounds will be with US team as well.
    Overall a good experience and basic questions mostly based on your profile and your CV

Interview Questions

• Basic linux commands,
      Mostly on your CV
      Bug cycle
      Security related questions.
      Focus more on your CV   Answer Question

QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pune (India)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Qualys (Pune (India)) in August 2016.

Interview

1. HR calls you to ask the technical skills set and looks up if it matches the requirement.
    2. Face to face interview is then scheduled
    3. There are 2 rounds of interview
    4. HR gets back to you with the result in 2 to 3 days

Interview Questions

• General Interaction -
      Q. Describe your earlier project.
      Q. What was your role and what is the team size ?
      Q. What is the tech stack ?
      Q. How much are you comfortable with Db Testing , Automation Testing ?
      Q. Questions based on your resume.

Manual Testing -
      Q. What is the difference between QA and QC ?
      Q. What is the difference between Smoke and Sanity Testing ?
      Q. If you are given a set of Unit Test Cases, what will be your approach till you hand over the product to the client?
      Q. Write Negative Test cases for calculator.
      Q. Write test cases for the tissue paper box and suggest improvements if any ?
      Q. What is Integration Testing and System Testing ?
      Q. What is Severity and Priority of a defect , give an example of High Severity and Low Priority bug.

DB Testing -
      Q. What is the difference between INNER JOIN and LEFT OUTER JOIN ?
      Q. What is difference between Where clause and having clause ?
      Q. Write a query to find out average salary of different departments.

UNIX -
      Q.What all commands have you used in UNIX ?
      Q. What is grep command, write a command to find out string active from list of files ?   Answer Question