Quantcast Interview Questions in San Francisco, CA | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 20, 2017

3.2

Data Warehouse Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Quantcast (San Francisco, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

This position has been posted since several months. I was intervied by thier lead of data warehouse.
    - One coding question :ip validator
    - 2 SQLs
    Most of them were quite simple/moderate complexity. I could answer all of them.

I recieved rejection email. I wonder what goes on inside the interviewer's mind.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Quantcast (San Francisco, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

First is the online coding. Then there are 2 rounds phone interview and last I went to San Francisco to attend onsite interview. There are 2 rounds of technical interview, 2 rounds asking about past projects.

Senior Product Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Quantcast (San Francisco, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

the recruiter called a few minutes late. My interview went well in the first 10 minutes until she asked me what my salary expectation was. I gave her my honest answer that I expected a market rate and was open to negotiation. At that time, she immediately said my interview by saying she would talk to the team and get back to me the next day without giving me an opportunity to ask questions. The next day I received a rejection email from her. I would never want to work for a company that disrespects candidates like that.

Interview Questions

• Experience, Tech skills, and salary expectation (not even a range)   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Quantcast (San Francisco, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

Started off with a chat with the manager of the team I would be joining, that went well, then he put me in touch with the recruiter, who discussed the role and the interview process. I worked with him to set up a 1 hr technical coding interview with a programmer over collabedit the week after.

The programmer interviewing me was a little rude, cut me off as I was explaining my logic and was a tad condescending of my skill set. I let it slide and remained upbeat and continued coding. We were using collabedit, which is not my favorite online editor because you can't actually run your code. I prefer to use jsfiddle or codepen. But, I digress. I bring it up because without testing, it's hard to catch the edge cases or see if it even works. But, my code looked good and in theory, looked sound. I solved the question in time, but got an email from the recruiter a few days later saying I wont be moving onto the next round. I emailed him back and asked for further feedback and maybe some insight into what they thought I messed up on, just as a means to get better as a developer, but didn't get a reply. It was an off-putting experience. From the lack of professionalism with the recruiters to the straight up rude developers, I'm totally fine not moving onto the next round. Wouldn't want to work at a place like that with such devs anyways.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Quantcast (San Francisco, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

Recruiter reached out via LinkedIn to schedule a phone interview. Phone Interview was with a new employee who joined 1 month back. Later I was invited onsite and had 6 rounds. First round was Engineering Manager , who decided to go on a vacation. The next 4 rounds were pretty decent with standard startup style questions and 1 lunch interview where the dude was expressing his sadness working there for 4 long years.

Software Engineer, Data Warehouse Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Quantcast (San Francisco, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

2 phone interviews followed by onsite (4 one hour long) back to back interviews. Out of these four, one was behavioral, two were coding, and the last one was a bar raiser interview.

The bar raiser kept on appreciating me at every sentence with superlatives like excellent, awesome, outstanding, and amazing. In fact he said you already crossed the bar, this last question is for extra credit. But the recruiter called me the next day to inform about the rejection. When I told her that the bar raiser was quite impressed with my answers and appreciated me a lot, she said our interviewers appreciate candidates to get the best out of them and that it not necessarily mean anything.

I felt cheated by this pseudo appreciation in the bar raiser interview. It made me complacent with my performance. I wish the interviewer was more realistic.

By the way, this role is for Data Warehouse team so the candidate is expected to do a lot of SQL work, but I was surprised to see that not a single SQL question was asked in the onsite interviews.

It was not a difficult interview. Prepare well, show some depth in your previous projects, and don't fall into the appreciation trap laid out by the bar raiser. You will do absolutely fine. All the best!

Interview Questions

• The behavioral, SQL, ETL, and coding questions asked during the phone interview were pretty basic.

Onsite questions

1. Implement a trie (NOT tree) data structure with insert, search, and startsWith methods.

2. Given an array of strings, group anagrams together.
      For example, given: ["eat", "tea", "tan", "ate", "nat", "bat"],
      ]
      Answer Question

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Quantcast (San Francisco, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

I spoke to a recruiter who kept rescheduling with me. After finally chatting I was told she'd love for me to chat with one of the managers. That took a week to schedule. The interview with the sales manager went fine, it was ok, nothing too extreme on each side. I sent a follow-up message but never heard anything back. At this stage of the interview, the majority of the companies I've met with at least respond one way or the other. The extreme delays and rescheduling and never hearing back made it easy to move onto other companies who showed more enthusiasm in hiring.

Interview Questions

• Nothing significant that stood out. Asked about background, previous roles, etc.   Answer Question

Engineering Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Quantcast (San Francisco, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

Phone interview with recruiter then hiring manager before onsite. Onsite took two weeks to schedule but recruiting does a good job of communicating status and setting expectations. With one exception interview loop was exclusively from engineering and consisted of technical whiteboarding sessions, behavioral and values oriented questions.

Senior Modeling Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Quantcast (San Francisco, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter. I then had two phone screens. The phone screens were friendly and very focused on machine learning. The folks there have interesting backgrounds and asked very pointed questions. Ultimately, I didn't get an offer though the experience was ok.

Overall I got the impression that their work was interesting and that they have strong momentum in their problem space.

Interview Questions

• What is maximum likelihood?   1 Answer

Salesforce Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Quantcast (San Francisco, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

Phone screen with recruiter; phone screen with hiring manager; 4-hour onsite interview with 7 company employees. At onsite, I was told I was interviewing for a different job (Salesforce Business Systems Analyst / Administrator) -- not the one I applied for online (Salesforce Administrator).

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your Salesforce testing / UAT experience.   Answer Question