Quark Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Quark Interview Questions

3.4

Account Executive Interview

Interview

It was a while back, but at the time, QuarkExpress was a very popular product. I was not an experienced AE, but was very familiar with the product and had nature people skills, so I got the job!

Interview Questions

• I was thrown into presenting the product in front 40+ potential customers as a test. I did well, but it was certainly unexpected.   Answer Question

Customer Tech Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Quark (Denver, CO) in December 2009.

Interview

I interviewed with Quark after seeing their job posting for a Customer Tech Support on Craigslist of all places. I sent in my cover letter and resumé, and I was contacted via phone for an in person interview about a day or two later. We agreed on a date the following week, and I arrived on said date early enough to wait in the lobby for 5-10 minutes before being called in. I began first with a 1:1 interview, in which we discussed my background, work experience, and what the job would require of me. I was given employee handbooks, information about the company, information about their specific products, water bottles, etc. At this point I was feeling really good about how things were going. I then went into a separate interview with two supervisors, both female, in which one spoke and the other didn't make a peep. Just stared at me. We discussed theoretical situations, strengths/weaknesses, and other ambiguous, yet oh-so-typical interview type questions. She even started discussing start dates and vacation dates with me. I was really excited about getting a job remotely related to my background at this point, so I was completely open to any and all conversations regarding time off, vacation, start dates, etc. After that meeting I then met with who I believe was the CEO of the company, having a casual conversation and again discussing my background, experience, aspirations, etc. Following that interview, I then met up again with the guy who had coordinated my interview in which I was given explicit, yet enthusiastic instructions to call him at the end of the week regarding a start date, and if I didn't reach him, just to leave a voicemail or try back again later and he would 'definitely get back to me'. I left feeling great about the entire process, something I usually don't do as I try to be brutally honest with myself with regards to how things REALLY went in an interview. This interview seemed like an exception though, and I was excited to discuss things at the end of the week with my interview coordinator. I called him on that Friday, didn't get an answer, and left a voicemail. The weekend went by with no calls, as to be expected. Then a few days into the following week went by until I called again on Wednesday just to remind him he had asked me to call him that Friday. A few more days go by, no return call, no return email, nothing. I then wait until Monday, now over a week past the date I was told to call. I ask if it would be possible to connect via email, as I am sure he is too busy to sit on the phone and discuss things. I got zero response, no emails, no phone calls, nothing even indicating if I should remain persistent or give up and assume someone else got the job. I never did hear anything from them again, which I found odd to say the least, after discussing start dates, salary requirements, etc. with numerous people while at the interview. I was coming in as someone a year out of college, with minimal requirements regarding salary, time off, working hours; I was literally as flexible as possible. It's one thing to follow up (see: professionalism) and let the person(s) you have interviewed know that they weren't cut out for the job, but to discuss things with them as if they were, then tell them to follow up in a few days, and then give them zero responses after numerous attempts to get in contact, is really just lacking in taste and again, professionalism. I have no problem with not fitting the bill, but at least let me know that I didn't, so I can move on with my job search and not waste time sitting around waiting to hear back about nothing.

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Quark (Denver, CO) in May 2009.

Interview

C++/Java design and code related questions...
    “Write a function that will take in a phone number and output all possible alphabetical combinations (found in a normal phone keypad) for it.” cv

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chandigarh (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Quark (Chandigarh (India)).

Interview

It was a pool placement drive. First we had the written test which consisted of two paper
    Paper 1
    Analytical + Maths + Computer Awareness
    Paper 2
    Choice of C++ and Java

Then there were two technical interviews and one hr round
    I was able to clear the first technical but couldn't make it in second round

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chandigarh (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Quark (Chandigarh (India)) in December 2015.

Interview

hectic and long
    3 tech interview
    firstly there was a written test.
    they took 4 hours to check 150 papers.. which was nice, as there was no politics.
    then there were 3 tech interviews.
    we were informed about 2 tech and 1 hr.
    2 tech were completed at colg itself. but they took alot time for interviews, mine was of about 1 hour each.
    3rd was at their office.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chandigarh (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Quark (Chandigarh (India)) in October 2015.

Interview

Criteria was tough...prepare well.......they are looking for the basic understanding of the subjects....if you have that and you are confident enough then you can crack it...very easily...but dont be over confident

Interview Questions

• How was your day.....basic Hr round   1 Answer

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Quark.

Interview

number of interview was 3, 2 technical and one HR round. Before that their is one Skill Test. Most challenging part was director level interview since they are asking many puzzle which don't have any relation with your skills

Interview Questions

• Some old google puzzle about manhole cover   1 Answer

Negotiation

Negotiate as per your requirement

Senior Dotnet Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chandigarh (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Quark (Chandigarh (India)) in October 2014.

Interview

I got a mail from naukri.com regarding the possible interview. Later the HR called me and asked for a confirmation. On my confirmation a telephonic interview was scheduled on the next working day.

Engineer-1 R&D Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chandigarh (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Quark (Chandigarh (India)) in December 2012.

Interview

This was a campus placement.
    First they had 2 written tests. 1st test had 3 sections mathematics, basics of computer and analytical. 2nd test had c/c++ mcqs.
    Then they had 3 technical interview, one interview with the team manager and then 1 hr round.
    In the technical interview they just check your technical abilities. Mostly they provided some code and said how does it work, what will happen if we change this and that and stuff like this. There were theory questions on c++ like what is virtual functions, abstract class etc and they usually asked to write a little code using the basic features of c++.
    Then 2nd last round was a long interview with a team manager. The first half was spent on discussing my resume and things listed on it and the second half he again checked my technical ability asking simple questions.
    The last round was hr. It started with a question to list 25 uses of a pen. I couldnt complete the list but i think he was impressed at the answers i gave. He then started discussing about the company and telling what kind of work they provide.

Quality Assurance Engineer - I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chandigarh (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Quark (Chandigarh (India)) in August 2012.

Interview

The Interview process is very strict and very vast, I went through a 7-round interview process for only 1 position and there were numerous rounds with difficulty level increasing with each level, for 1 week.

Interview Questions

• Most difficult part was for the position of QA, I was asked many questions around knowledge in Java, .NET, Object-Orient Programming, Software Engineering, SDLC, Testing Techniques, Testing methods, strategies. They also tested my ability to adapt and asked many analytical questions to test my Logical and Analytical Skills.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No Negotiations, I accepted the post and package I was offered.