Quest Diagnostics Account Executive Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Quest Diagnostics Account Executive Interview Questions

Interviews at Quest Diagnostics

3.4

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Quest Diagnostics (Dallas, TX).

Interview

Rigorous with several interviews
Several questions regarding experience and situation questions
Drug screen and background check
Multiple panel interview with multi corporation level interviewed
Lengthy interview process that can last months

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Quest Diagnostics

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Quest Diagnostics in March 2017.

Interview

first a phone interview, then a live interview with sales director, then live interview with executive sales director. I created a brag book to showcase accomplishments, and it was beneficial. behavioral style interview questions used.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Quest Diagnostics (Los Angeles, CA) in July 2013.

Interview

Very length. Went through about 7 interviews with all levels of management. Want to ensure your past experiences will contribute to the current position. Met with numerous levels of management with each having their own style and questions. Long process.

Anonymous Employee in Riverside, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Quest Diagnostics (Riverside, CA) in January 2009.

Interview

My interview was almost 5 years ago. Was contacted by company recruiter for phone interview. This was mostly a confirmation of resume info with a few basic questions about qualifications. I was then called back for individual interviews by hiring manager & Regional Sales Director. The hiring manager asked some questions about how I might handle certain situations, but she spent most of the time assessing whether I was a good fit for the team. I felt she was assessing my personality more than my qualifications - probably because I had pretty extensive experience. The Regional Sales Director spent most of the time talking about the company. It was a pretty easy process, but I'm sure it's tightened up since then.

Interview Questions

• The questions were not unexpected or difficult. I did have to be specific about how I would sell in a heavily managed care marketplace.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I did not do too much negotiating at the time. However, I know you can negotiate a salary upward and perhaps request a signing bonus.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Hills, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Quest Diagnostics (West Hills, CA) in August 2013.

Interview

I interviewed for a position in the Los Angeles area. I have over 13 years of professional sales experience. I will add that every year has been successful and I have always exceeding my sales goals.

The first step was a telephone interview. Spoke with the hiring manager and everything went well. I was invited for a face to face.

At the face to face, it was me, the hiring manager and the HR Director The HR Dir. was on the phone ask questions, as well as the hiring manager who was there in person. My recruiter I might add set up this opportunity.

I thought the interview could not have gone more perfect. Answered all the questions in detail. Even the hiring manager said, "It is great that you are answering with detail.... we like that"

At the end of the interview, I closed them. I asked " is there any reason why you can't make an offer to me today” It looked like the hiring manager loved the question. I was showing how I would close in the field during a sales call. The HR Director jumps in and says "Yes.... there is a reason. We have to go through the process, and I will not let her make an offer to you today." I thought….fair enough, but since this is a sales interview, I will have to close you both

The next close was " You said that you thought I would be a good fit, you like this and that…yada –yada- yada. Is there any reason why you can't invite me to the next interview?" I guess that was too much for them. Actually I should say the HR Director, because I did not get the next interview.

My recruiter calls me and said they are going to pass on you. When I asked why, he said that they felt I was too aggressive.

Now days you have to be aggressive. Plus, I only closed them twice.

It is my opinion, that the hiring manager wanted me on board, but the HR Dir killed the deal.

I also see why they are having trouble filling the territory with a professional rep. It appears they (The HR Director) don’t want a real sales person in the role.

What really sucks is I wanted that position too. I know I would have done well there. The hiring manager seemed like a good person to work for as well.

Back to the drawing board!

Interview Questions

• I did not feel like there were any! Everything was pretty straight forward with the questions. If I had to name one: I see that you were in the Marine Corps 13 years ago, Do you like to wait to be told what to do, or do you take initiative on your own? Me thinking: Really? People in the military do follow orders, but they sure as heck take initiative to make sure the job gets done too. Another bad rap that military people get.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Quest Diagnostics (San Diego, CA) in January 2011.

Interview

Whole process took about six weeks. Worked with a recruiter who set up several phone interviews and three face to face interviews. Had a mock sales call with a director and that was fine.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was able to get more than the original offer. It's selling your soul to the devil though.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lenexa, KS

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Quest Diagnostics (Lenexa, KS) in December 2012.

Interview

Received outreach from independent recruiter; good exploratory conversation
    Unsuccessful attempts by recruiter to schedule follow-up phone interview with hiring manager
    Obtained permission from recruiter to directly contact hiring manager
    Reached out to hiring manager; received same-day commitment for a 30-minute conversation
    Hard stop at 30-minute mark into conversation -- end of the line

Had otherwise alluded to second phone interview and one. maybe two, in-person interview(s)

Interview Questions

• So your biggest sale was a lead given to you by your boss?   1 Answer

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Quest Diagnostics (Ottawa, ON (Canada)) in December 2014.

Interview

Had an interview with HR, a Phone interview with the director of sales, and an in-person interview with the director of sales and a VP of marketing. The in person interview required me to study one of the offerings and role play with the director. I focused too much on the product and didn't ask enough questions (classic mistake). Nice people, but I was never notified that i did not get the job which I felt was unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• Describe your sales process? Describe a time you went above and beyond for a customer?   Answer Question