Quest Diagnostics Forensic Scientist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 16, 2017

2.6

10 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Forensic Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Quest Diagnostics in May 2017.

Interview

Applied for the job online.
The posting was taken down a week after interviewing. Two weeks after applying I was prompted via email to schedule a phone interview. Only had 3 options, all in the same day.
Spoke for about 20 minutes with a the interviewer. Asked me several questions, about past experiences, can i handle the requirements of the job, how much i wanted to make, etc. The interview went pretty well (I felt it did anyway). I was told I would hear back within a week.
The next morning I received an email stating I won't be considered for the position (Which I thought was a very fast response ). Either I had a major red flag during my interview, or they already filled the position (they use aerotek in my area as a recruiter).

Interview Questions

• Can you tell me a situation where you had to deal with a hostile environment?   Answer Question
  • tell me one of your long term goals   Answer Question
  • where do you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question
  • have you been in a situation where you dealt with a dishonest coworker?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Quest Diagnostics

Anonymous Employee in Lenexa, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Quest Diagnostics (Lenexa, KS) in February 2017.

Interview

The pre-screen is a phone interview with a lot of behavior question and some questions relate to past working experience. The phone interview was about 30 mins. The second 1:1 interview was a tour of the lab with couple behavior questions by lab manager. The lab manager was nice, explain the job duty clearly. It took about 30 mins for the onsite interview as well. all the hiring process was done online, very efficient.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucker, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Quest Diagnostics (Tucker, GA) in October 2016.

Interview

Received phone interview and then offered face to face interview. Interview was at 10:30pm. Very informal. Toured the facility then asked basic questions. Interviewer was very nice. Did not get a call back.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norristown, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Quest Diagnostics (Norristown, PA).

Interview

Applied online and scheduled a phone interview the next day. It went well and they told me I would hear back, no matter what, in a week and a half tops to determine if I received a formal interview or not. I never heard back, and they outsource their interviewing process, so there is no one you can call to check in.

Interview Questions

• Do you have laboratory equipment maintenance experience?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norristown, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Quest Diagnostics (Norristown, PA) in May 2016.

Interview

Quick process applied online and was notified the next day to schedule phone screening interview.
    Screening interview was simple: basic skill questions and behavioral questions. Lasted 30 minutes. Was told I'd be contacted in a week with a yay or nay. Still waiting.

Anonymous Employee in Lenexa, KS

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Quest Diagnostics (Lenexa, KS) in May 2016.

Interview

After applying and exchanging emails with the hiring manager, I was contacted within a few days by a recruiter who set up an in-person interview with the manager. Before the interview, I was taken on a short tour of the facility and was given some background on the work which was done in the facility. After the tour, we went into a conference room. The manager asked me a series of questions from a predetermined list while he wrote synopses of my responses down. The questions only took about 20 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you had a conflict with a coworker and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Lenexa, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Quest Diagnostics (Lenexa, KS) in February 2016.

Interview

Very relaxed Walk through the lab, and asked questions about the past experience and skills. Nice people, they will not stress you. Very quick, and the hiring time period was very fast. All the HR work was done online.

Anonymous Employee in Tucker, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Quest Diagnostics (Tucker, GA) in March 2015.

Interview

Very kind and humble questions, HR questions, and a tour of the lab. Many open ended questions. Talked about my work and personable history. Accepted the position within five days.

Anonymous Employee in Lenexa, KS

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Quest Diagnostics (Lenexa, KS) in August 2011.

Interview

It was a good standard 30-minute interview about my qualifications, the work hours, culture, and what are expected of me. The person who interviewed me was nice and direct. He showed me around the main laboratory and explained each step of the process of drug-testing. The people were really nice.

Interview Questions

• What prepared you for this job?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norristown, PA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Quest Diagnostics (Norristown, PA) in June 2011.

Interview

First I was shown around the lab where I would be working. Then while in the lab I was awkwardly asked a series of interview questions by two quest lab employees. They wrote all of my answers down. Asked things like "what motivates you", "how do you motivate others", etc. Then I was taken into an office with two men who were both very boring, uninterested and cold. The office I was in was 100 degrees. I was wearing a full suit and everyone else had shorts and short sleeved shirts. After the interview I asked them when I could expect to hear from them regardless of their decision. They told me at some point in the summer. I was NEVER contacted. Bad experience, not professional.