Quest Diagnostics Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.6

324 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

PSR III Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gretna, LA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Quest Diagnostics (Gretna, LA) in September 2017.

Interview

I applied online and within two weeks I received an email with a few questions to answer. I also received a phone number to call and a pin to put in , which led to a automated interview. A few days later I got a call from HR to set up an interview with the HM.

Interview Questions

• When the job gets stressful, how do you remain motivated to continue?   Answer Question

Specimen Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Quest Diagnostics.

Interview

I actually applied online for a different position. A week later I got an email with a link to do a prescreen. I waited a couple of days to do the prescreen. It consisted of filling out a form online (WPM, expected salary, etc) and then calling a number to do a phone interview with a machine. The machine asks you four basic interview questions and at the end thanks you for applying to said position (Specimen Technician). When the machine thanked me I was confused because I didn't apply to the Specimen Tech position but in the emails I would received from the recruiters, the correct position I was applying for was written so I thought nothing about it. A couple of days later I got another email saying they wanted to set up an in person interview but that it would take 1-2 weeks to get back to me. Just over a week later I started receiving calls from a recruiter to set up an interview. It took about 5days to set up an interview because we kept missing each other. I missed the recruiter's first call because he called at 6am and it took him the 5 days to call me back. When the recruiter mentioned I would be applying to a specimen technician position I finally decided to ask him about it and he was just like, "yeah." The next day I got an email from someone else explaining that the recruiters thought I would be a good fit for this position so they had me interview for this position. I decided to go ahead with interviewing for this position because it was still an entry level lab position but I really wish they asked me or told me first. I had my in person interview a week later. The man who interviewed me started off with showing me around the lab area. He then took me into a room to tell me more about the position and ask me questions. He was very casual and that helped me not to feel so nervous. At the end of the interview he told me it will take a week to hear back but it has been a month since the interview and I haven't heard back. I think the position is already filled but I really wish they would've contacted me to tell me I didn't get it. The waiting game is never fun.

Interview Questions

• How do you stay focused in a distraction filled environment?   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a time you were close to a deadline and how did you deal with it?   Answer Question
    • Have you ever had a problem working with someone? How did you deal with it?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about an experience you had working in a production environment?   Answer Question
    • Why are you currently seeking employment?   Answer Question
    • What is an appropriate excuse/reason for missing work?   1 Answer

Specimen Prep Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Quest Diagnostics in August 2017.

Interview

I applied online and got an email that same week for a prescreen. The prescreen consisted of general questions. There was a phone interview with four questions. After I received an email to do an online assessment but I didn't get an in person interview after that. Overall it was pretty quick and straightforward.

Specimen Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Quest Diagnostics (Los Angeles, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

I found out about this position through a family member that works there. I applied in June 2017. Did the over the phone interview which is an operator. You leave your response like its a voicemail. I was called in for an in person interview the next week. My interview was at 1:00am (July 2017). Interview was okay. The person that interviewed me looked annoyed, tired like he didn't want to be there. He asked questions about my resume that he knew already. Seemed like he didn't care at all.

Senior Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lenexa, KS

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Quest Diagnostics (Lenexa, KS) in July 2017.

Interview

There was no interview process. I spoke to the hiring manager, who ensured that an interview would be scheduled. 6 weeks passed before the hiring recruiter called, saying that no interviews would take place. According to the recruiter, the hiring manager made his decision prior to posting the job opening.

Customer Care Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lenexa, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Quest Diagnostics (Lenexa, KS) in June 2017.

Interview

You have to get passed an automated phone interview where a recording asks you questions and you answer and record your answers. Once completed, if interested they will email you stating they will be contacting you to complete the interview process. You are then called in for onsite interview.

Interview Questions

• Can you think of a time you had to help someone who was upset about services they recieved?   Answer Question
    • Can you think of a time where you worked with a team and the outcome?   Answer Question

Laboratory Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Quest Diagnostics in June 2017.

Interview

Very easy. Positive experience. A set of questions online, kind of like a worksheet followed by a phone interview with 4 questions. The phone interview had pre-recordings of questions. Up to 3 minutes for each question. Don't have to use the whole time.

Health Screening Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Novi, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Quest Diagnostics (Novi, MI) in June 2017.

Interview

I waited OVER AN HOUR for the interview. They double booked all of the interviewees. Very frustrating! Once I finally got into the door for the interview I was only in the room for less than a half hour and the questions were all behavioral in nature.

Interview Questions

• How many emails, on average, do I get a day, at a previous job?   1 Answer
    • How did I approach a problem in a creative way?   1 Answer

FT Courier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Juan Capistrano, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Quest Diagnostics (San Juan Capistrano, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

The interview process was very easy. First I had a phone interview. They asked simple questions like do I have any similar experience, what's my schedule like etc. I got a call back a few days later to come in for a face to face interview which was also simple. He looked over my resume and asked questions like are you comfortable driving at night, how far do you live, are you comfortable handling specimens etc... He said he would get back to me in a few weeks but he sounded promising because I had many years of courier experience and I lived close by he seemed to like me very much. 2 weeks passed by and I never got a call back. So I called HR (which is the same HR for all locations) after 3 weeks and they replied that the hiring manager has yet to get back to them about who they are hiring. 5 weeks pass by and I have not received an email or anything so I call again and they tell me the same thing. It's been 5 weeks! It doesn't take 5 weeks to decide if they want to hire me or not. I believe I am not hired but they keep beating around the bush.. I don't know why they can't tell me straight out that I'm not hired instead of stringing me along for several weeks when they said it would take 2 weeks. I've been applying for other jobs, I'm not just waiting around but I still wonder if they will ever give me a call or at least an email stating that I'm not hired.. not sure why they can't be professional

Interviewer Interview

Interview

Phone screen, face to face, final decision, references checked, offer made, offer accepted, start date. It takes 6 months to a year to fell comfortable and to understand the complexity of the business even if you come from diagnostics.