Quest Diagnostics Phlebotomist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Quest Diagnostics Phlebotomist Interview Questions

Updated Feb 25, 2017

2.4

Cerified Phlebotomist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Quest Diagnostics.

Interview

Panel Interview, with three people there. Very tense and not relax at all. They were friendly at the end of the interview. Overall it was a good experience. Lot of question was asked. I was in there for about 30 minutes for the interview.

Interview Questions

• What is your strengh and weaknesses? Why are you applying to this job? Given the toughest time of your life how did you figure way how to solve the problem.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 7+ months. I interviewed at Quest Diagnostics (Seattle, WA) in February 2017.

Interview

i interviewed last week with quest at the job fair, i applied online and the process took 4 months. interview was not very hard but you just gotta know how to answer their tricky questions? they try to know you b asking those situational questions.the lady i interviewed was very polite and kind.

Interview Questions

• when was the last time when your manager asked you to be a better person?   Answer Question
    • tell me about the time when you worked long hour shift and how did you handle it?   Answer Question
    • when was the last time you worked more than your job duties and what were the results?   Answer Question
    • how do you manage yourself at work if you have personal problems going on?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Be yourself, sell yourself and make them hire you

Anonymous Employee in Stone Mountain, GA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Quest Diagnostics (Stone Mountain, GA) in December 2016.

Interview

I walked in the Manager was busy with someone. Cuts came in to have drug test done. I was able to answer basic questions for hem. Manager came in caught the last end of my conversation said no need for interviews she liked the way I showed initiative and set up next interview with the rest of the team so I'm off to part 2 of interview

Interview Questions

• If someone had a high blood pressure when taken with digital bp cuff what should I do?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Haven't had a negotiation phase as yet

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Quest Diagnostics (Memphis, TN) in October 2016.

Interview

A virtual interview with about 5 questions. Asked about common phlebotomy order of draw. Asked about how to handle yourself in stressful situations. The process was standard interview questions that anyone should be able to answer.

Interview Questions

• A virtual interview with about 5 questions. Asked about common phlebotomy order of draw. Asked about how to handle yourself in stressful situations.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Quest Diagnostics (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

You first get a call from recuiter, they ask you about 4 questions if you pass that test you move on to hiring supervisor for interview usually 2 or 3 panel interview. Behavior questions throughout whole interview.

Interview Questions

• Give me a time when you had to change the atomsphere from a negative to positive situation? Tell me where, when, what happened and how you handled the process?   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Quest Diagnostics (Las Vegas, NV) in October 2016.

Interview

Short....I asked more questions than the interviewer. The ad did not say a license was required ( I was certified and scheduled for licensing test). Made no comment about lack of experience either. Yet now when I look at any of their new postings they require at least one year of experience. (This has become a big issue since I got my license. It's like I got it for nothing.) No one wants to train, or work with recent grads anymore, and they all wonder why so many people are stuck working loser, dead end jobs like retail or food service. Gawd I hate this city.
    Very Easy = Too easy. I pretty much figured they weren't calling me back.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Phlebotomist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Quest Diagnostics.

Interview

I applied via online and then after 3 weeks i got an email for phone interview. 2 weeks after that, I got a call from the HR that i have interview. I went to the interview and up untill now i still got no call or email from them. How can i get experience if they will not hire newbies like me?

Anonymous Employee in Chester, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Quest Diagnostics (Chester, SC).

Interview

It's a fifteen to twenty minute interview over the phone. They want to know my various experience as a phlebotomist. They gave me different scenerios in the workplace and ask my opinon on how i would handle myself in that particular situation.

Interview Questions

• Q. How long have you been certified phlebotomist?   1 Answer

Phlebotomist I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Quest Diagnostics (Las Vegas, NV) in July 2016.

Interview

I applied many times through Quest, even went to job fairs with no success but I continued applying for months. Finally I applied through a job board online, received an interview the next day. Supervisor needed HR approvals, received them, I applied through quest careers online, then received a call from a recruiter for an offer. Accepted the offer and am receiving emails to complete the hiring process, drug screen and background.

Interview Questions

• Asked about all phlebotomy experience I've had, if none, asked about any experience working.   Answer Question
    • Mainly focused on customer service skills and communication. (Personality is a big factor)   Answer Question

Negotiation

Depending on experience with phlebotomy, really determines your pay. I have no experience so I confirmed the offer because it is more than my previous employment.

Phlebotomist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Quest Diagnostics.

Interview

Applied online, two weeks later a phone interview, one month later a face to face interview. Very nice professional manager, friendly and understanding. She explained job and told me about the company changes, that was very nice of her to do. She told me pay and explained benefits.