Quest Diagnostics Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 19, 2017

2.5

Specimen Processor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Quest Diagnostics (Houston, TX) in February 2017.

Interview

Got an email to do a typing test. After I had a passed that they scheduled an interview with a lady. She walked 3 of us around the place and then questioned us individually. A series of questions that took about an hour. Then she said I would have another interview with her boss. Talked to her boss and that was it. No call back or anything

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had difference with your company worker   Answer Question

Forensic Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lenexa, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Quest Diagnostics (Lenexa, KS) in February 2017.

Interview

The pre-screen is a phone interview with a lot of behavior question and some questions relate to past working experience. The phone interview was about 30 mins. The second 1:1 interview was a tour of the lab with couple behavior questions by lab manager. The lab manager was nice, explain the job duty clearly. It took about 30 mins for the onsite interview as well. all the hiring process was done online, very efficient.

Transportation Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Quest Diagnostics.

Interview

Several interview rounds with all particular players. Very serious people who are looking for candidates with detailed information and experiences. You need to provide examples and be able to relate results effectively. Be prepared and research there website and LinkedIn profiles, they like that. Very serious and important service they provide - be knowledgeable and understand the relevance.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you resolved a difficult situation and explain the results.   1 Answer

Route Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Amherst, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Quest Diagnostics (Amherst, NY).

Interview

Manager described position.
    I was referred by another employee. I had to wait until position was listed online and apply that day with a resume. Positions do not stay online. You must apply as soon as it is posted. The whole process is very quick as Quest has no extra personnel.
    I questioned working 6 days a week and was told that I could bid on 5 day positions anytime. After 2 years there, I knew there were 8 people with more seniority waiting for 5 day positions, and there had not been one 5 day position listed in 2 years. When positions became available, they were modified to require 6 days.

Interview Questions

• Availability.
      Reliability.
      Driving experience. Clean license.
      Answer Question

Negotiation

There was none. They have a pay rate offered to all new, non experienced drivers.

Phlebotomist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stone Mountain, GA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Quest Diagnostics (Stone Mountain, GA) in December 2016.

Interview

I walked in the Manager was busy with someone. Cuts came in to have drug test done. I was able to answer basic questions for hem. Manager came in caught the last end of my conversation said no need for interviews she liked the way I showed initiative and set up next interview with the rest of the team so I'm off to part 2 of interview

Interview Questions

• If someone had a high blood pressure when taken with digital bp cuff what should I do?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Haven't had a negotiation phase as yet

Lab Support Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Quest Diagnostics.

Interview

To obtain an entry level position at quest about 99% of employees are first temporary employees through the agency Medix and after three months they are hired as full time quest employees. There is a phone interview process with Medix and you must be tested for tb and hepatitis also a drug test and background check are done. After the three months you must submit to another drug and background check and then after this is complete you receive full quest benefits.

Laboratory Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chantilly, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Quest Diagnostics (Chantilly, VA).

Interview

They told me that the position was filled, offered me an accessioner postition. I did not know what an accessioner was, even after they tried to explain it to me.

Courier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Quest Diagnostics.

Interview

The interview was conducted over the phone, the interview was rushed. I could tell the person interviewing me wasn't even listening to my reply's to his questions. Then a week later I received an email telling me what a great interview I had done, and that I would be a great asset to the company, and have a great day. Sincerely, Human Resources, and that was it, I never heard from them ever again, not a no you didn't get the job, or please come in for a formal interview. Just a "I would be a great asset to the company" reply. Whatever, what a joke a complete waste of time.

Interview Questions

• You will be doing a lot of driving in inclement weather.   Answer Question

Phlebotomist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Quest Diagnostics (Memphis, TN) in October 2016.

Interview

A virtual interview with about 5 questions. Asked about common phlebotomy order of draw. Asked about how to handle yourself in stressful situations. The process was standard interview questions that anyone should be able to answer.

Interview Questions

• A virtual interview with about 5 questions. Asked about common phlebotomy order of draw. Asked about how to handle yourself in stressful situations.   1 Answer

Medical Technologist I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marlborough, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Quest Diagnostics (Marlborough, MA).

Interview

My interviewer was terrible. Clearly did not know what position he was interviewing me for or really what the lab did at all. He went very, very slow for the first 25 minutes then exclaimed (seemingly surprised) that he had another interview in 5 minutes and tried to rush through the remaining time. I looked him up after and it seems that Quest is outsourcing their initial employee interviews to another company (Cielo Talent). Really just a terrible experience overall.