Quest Diagnostics Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Quest Diagnostics Interview Questions

Updated Nov 17, 2017

2.6

Lab Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Quest Diagnostics.

Interview

laid back, more of a friendly attitude than an interview. Only got the interview because i knew someone who worked there. which is how 90% of the people working there got hired.

Interview Questions

• when are you available to start?   1 Answer

Vice President, Internal Audiot Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pompano Beach, FL

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Quest Diagnostics (Pompano Beach, FL) in March 2017.

Interview

I had two interviews with HR and then an on site interview. The on site interview was two senior HR professionals, Chief Accounting Officer, CFO and the current VP of Internal Audit.

The interview was standard with questions on my approach and style, accomplishments etc.

The interview was on a Monday and the Sr Director of HR and I agreed to debrief on the following Friday. I thought the interview went well and she gave me very positive feedback. We agreed to discuss net steps two weeks later. She stressed how transparent the interview process is at Quest. I reached out to her but she was non responsive. Over the course of a month, I reached out with simple emails to inquire about the status. Twelve weeks later, there is no response.

The interviewers like to highlight the new Quest and the transformation.

I think that if a candidate takes two days out of their time to travel and go on site, the least a company can do is to let them know they are not being considered. The process lacked transparency and professionalism. There was nothing transparent about the process.

I also found the process for logistics to be disorganized. For a Monday afternoon interview, I did not receive the agenda or flight information until the previous Saturday at 4 pm.

I also have not been reimburse for out of pocket expenses, which were minimal.

Interview Questions

• The CFO started off the interview saying " I like to get to know people, tell me about yourself personally"   Answer Question

Lab Assistant (Microbiology) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Quest Diagnostics (Las Vegas, NV) in March 2017.

Interview

Applied online Feb 21. Received invitation to interview Feb 27, which included answering questions about availability, skills/work experience, etc., followed by a phone screen where a voice asked pre-recorded questions and gave 3 mins to answer each (it was identical to leaving a voicemail). Took phone interview on Mar 1 and received an email to set-up and in-person interview on Mar 2. Interview was scheduled for Mar 8.

The interview was one-on-one, where the lab manager asked me a series of standard interview questions regarding work experience, strengths/weaknesses, why I wanted to work at Quest, etc. -- all of these were printed on a sheet where she filled in my answers and/or her opinions of them. Then she set me up to "shadow" one of the lab assistants in the Microbiology lab, who showed and explained all that they did in a day -- this lasted for about 30 mins outside of the lab manager's presence and I performed a few streak plates using patient specimen samples. The lab manager introduced me to everyone in the lab that day and everyone was very friendly. She walked me around to the specimen collection area and, finally, back to her office to close up the interview with any questions. She told me that there were two other candidates and that I would hear about the decision when other supervisors had reviewed her notes.

From Mar 9 to Mar 20, I heard nothing from Quest Diagnostics. Early morning Mar 21, I received a status update via email from Talent Acquisition that I would not continue to be considered for the position, likely due to the fact I am a recent university graduate with no previous work experience to prove my bonafides.

Interview Questions

• How would your fellow students or professors describe you?   Answer Question
    • What was the biggest error you've done in school or life in general?   Answer Question
    • Describe how you handle workflow when a lot of things have to be done? (Something like that.)   Answer Question

Referral Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Valencia, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Quest Diagnostics (Valencia, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

The interview was very relaxed and only asked about 9 questions. I applied online and received a call for an interview about 4 days later. There were 2 people conducting the interview.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Quest Diagnostics (Richmond, VA) in March 2017.

Interview

Phone interview was very easy and basic. Interviewer was very friendly. She was in a desperate need to hire someone but with very basic salary. All the questions were super easy .

Positive Certifying Reviewer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norristown, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Quest Diagnostics (Norristown, PA) in March 2017.

Interview

Apply online, someone will call and schedule your basic qualifications phone interview. I had another phone interview with the on-site recruiter as well as an in-person interview with the department supervisor.

Interview Questions

• What is your experience reviewing immunoassay screening testing and LCMS Chromatography?   Answer Question

Cerified Phlebotomist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Quest Diagnostics.

Interview

Panel Interview, with three people there. Very tense and not relax at all. They were friendly at the end of the interview. Overall it was a good experience. Lot of question was asked. I was in there for about 30 minutes for the interview.

Interview Questions

• What is your strengh and weaknesses? Why are you applying to this job? Given the toughest time of your life how did you figure way how to solve the problem.   Answer Question

Phlebotomist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 7+ months. I interviewed at Quest Diagnostics (Seattle, WA) in February 2017.

Interview

i interviewed last week with quest at the job fair, i applied online and the process took 4 months. interview was not very hard but you just gotta know how to answer their tricky questions? they try to know you b asking those situational questions.the lady i interviewed was very polite and kind.

Interview Questions

• when was the last time when your manager asked you to be a better person?   Answer Question
    • tell me about the time when you worked long hour shift and how did you handle it?   Answer Question
    • when was the last time you worked more than your job duties and what were the results?   Answer Question
    • how do you manage yourself at work if you have personal problems going on?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Be yourself, sell yourself and make them hire you

Billing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in West Hills, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Quest Diagnostics (West Hills, CA).

Interview

I applied online. After a few days I was contacted for a phone interview. They then asked that I meet with them at their offices for interviews on two separate occasions

Specimen Processor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Quest Diagnostics in February 2017.

Interview

Applied online and was selected for a follow-up phone screen. I did not get the job, and they did not notify me that the position had already been filled. I only found out when I contacted the employer to inform them of an unrelated glitch in their hiring website.

Interview Questions

• Describe your experience working in a fast-paced environment.   Answer Question
    • Where do you see yourself professionally in 2-5 years?   Answer Question
    • Work can be full of distractions. How do you stay focused?   Answer Question