Quest Diagnostics Lab Assistant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Quest Diagnostics Lab Assistant Interview Questions

Interviews at Quest Diagnostics

2.3

Lab Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Quest Diagnostics.

Interview

I had a phone interview last for 40 minuets. They told me they will return to me in 1-2 weeks. I didn't hear back from them and they didn't respond to my email.

Interview Questions

• What are three positive things your last boss would say about you?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Quest Diagnostics

Anonymous Employee in Greentree, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Quest Diagnostics (Greentree, PA) in December 2015.

Interview

I applied online and they contacted me the next day about a job fair they were having. I went during a job fair, so I had opportunities to apply for other jobs. The interview itself wasn't long. A couple weeks after they had me take an online typing test (imputing data into boxes).

Interview Questions

• Are you comfortable working with blood and semen?   2 Answers
    • Are you comfortable working nights?   2 Answers
    • What do you do when you get stressed?   2 Answers
    • Tell me about a time you had to deal with someone who was hard to deal with.   3 Answers
    • Are you familiar with medical terminology?   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Wood Dale, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Quest Diagnostics (Wood Dale, IL) in December 2013.

Interview

It was a short, casual interview just asking about myself. I spoke to the supervisor and some of the lead techs that I would be working with, and they just asked about how I worked. They also told me about the work that I would be doing and the hours involved with the position.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever had any problems with your coworkers in the past?   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Chantilly, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Quest Diagnostics (Chantilly, VA) in June 2016.

Interview

Interviewed by phone and in-person. I was incredibly nervous, but was handled with care and impressed my boss. Was shown around the lab as well to see how the lab worked as well to see if this is what I had in mind. I was told my lab duties as well as any other vital information, like healthcare, salary, benefits and whatnot. The phone interview was first and it only had three questions and I barely remember them. The in-person interview was interesting, because it was my FIRST "Grown Up" Job interview and I was nervous. I got asked questions about my future, since I was fresh out of college and this job is a GED-minimum requirement as well as any sort of possible skills I'd have that would benefit my job (a lot) and what not. Is this thirty words yet.

Interview Questions

• What sort of education do you have?   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chantilly, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Quest Diagnostics (Chantilly, VA) in November 2017.

Interview

I had an interview with Quest which included a tour of the lab facilities. I was impressed with their professionalism and hospitality throughout the interview. No surprises - all occurred as expected.

Interview Questions

• Question 1) “Tell me about yourself”.   1 Answer

Lab Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Quest Diagnostics.

Interview

I applied, after a few days , I got an email to schedule a telephone (automated) interview. One week after the interview, I was called by a recruiter to schedule an interview with the Lab Manager .
    When I arrived at the office front desk , the receptionist was very pleasant . I knew I WAS NOT GETTING THE JOB as soon as the manger walked up to me . I said hi, offered a hand shake to introduce myself . She was cold, not smiling and walked In front of me and told me to follow her . No eye contact of any kind . She was so cold , She seems like the person who highly detest her job . Upon arrival at her office , she told me to pull a chair and the first thing she told me was , " you can always apply to other positions at this company if this doesn't work out". I felt so uncomfortable, she was intimidating. The interview lasted for 10 minutes . During the whole interview, she gave no eye contact and never smiled at me .
    This was the worst interview I had in my life .
    As predicted earlier , I never heard from the company again.

Interview Questions

• She was basically looking at my resume and asking me about what's on my resume   1 Answer

Lab Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Quest Diagnostics.

Interview

laid back, more of a friendly attitude than an interview. Only got the interview because i knew someone who worked there. which is how 90% of the people working there got hired.

Interview Questions

• when are you available to start?   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in San Juan Capistrano, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Quest Diagnostics (San Juan Capistrano, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

Basic interview questions, One person interviews you. It took about a week for them to call me back. I got the job and it was temporary position. The interview went smooth and the hiring manager was very professional but relaxed. I went through a drug screening test. They also needed me to email my bachelors degree.

Interview Questions

• Whats your bad and good characteristics? Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   2 Answers

Negotiation

It was through a temp agency

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Teterboro, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Quest Diagnostics (Teterboro, NJ) in October 2016.

Interview

This was during a preliminary phone interview 2 days after I submitted my online application. I received an email with a set of questions regarding my qualifications and then given a phone number and PIN number to call in. There were four questions given to me by an automated messaging system. I was given 3 minutes to answer each but the full time did not need to be used.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 2-5 years?   1 Answer
    • Why are you currently seeking employment?   1 Answer
    • How do you stay focused during stressful times?   1 Answer
    • Have you ever worked in a production oriented environment before?   1 Answer

Lab Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Quest Diagnostics.

Interview

I applied online and was notified via email to respond to a virtual interview followed by an automated phone interview. The virtual interview takes longer than the phone interview. Both are simple and straight forward.