Quest Diagnostics Medical Technologist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Quest Diagnostics Medical Technologist Interview Questions

Interviews at Quest Diagnostics

2.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chantilly, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Quest Diagnostics (Chantilly, VA) in July 2017.

Interview

I had 3 phone interviews, one from an outside recruiter, and two from their hiring division. The first three phone interviews went fantastic, with the final one being the best. I was given a range of days in which they would be able to interview me, which they were very generous and flexible.

It went down hill once I had my first in person interview with an HR director at the facility, and they completely glossed over my answers to their questions about past research, and asked only about grades in college. I moved to a final interview with two lab managers who seemed to not know about my interview. They were disjointed, and had no questions for me, other than about college grades, scores, etc. They regularly spoke over each other, or had nothing but dead silence. It was a very awkward experience.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Quest Diagnostics

Anonymous Employee in Teterboro, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Quest Diagnostics (Teterboro, NJ) in August 2017.

Interview

It took so long with the phone interviews. I recorded my answers on the phone. Than they called me to the lab. The whole process took almost 3 months. Everything was made online. I never see a HR.

Interview Questions

• What is a LC-MS? How does it work? What are the basics of a mass spec?   Answer Question
    • If you have a problem with a coworker, what will you do?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chantilly, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Quest Diagnostics (Chantilly, VA) in October 2016.

Interview

Applied through their website. Was contacted first by an outsourced company that did preliminary interview. This was pretty simple and straightforward. Asked availability and they explained job description. Then was asked to come in for an in person interview. Meet with the manger of the department and she asked me some more detailed questions about my work history. She also gave a tour of the lab and told me some basic procedures that they run. Was not offered job due to conflict in training schedule

Anonymous Employee in Alexandria, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Quest Diagnostics (Alexandria, VA) in December 2017.

Interview

They sent me a set of online questions about my educational background and work experience. I was asked in which quest diagnostics locatiins I would be insterested to work. They also asked me whether I have ASCP certification or not.

Interview Questions

• What types of tests have you performed in a clinical lab. or academic settings?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chantilly, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Quest Diagnostics (Chantilly, VA) in July 2015.

Interview

The interview was fast. I applied in June 2015 and was contacted for an interview 3 weeks later by a recruiter. I met the laboratory supervisor who interviewed me for 30 minutes and then showed me around the lab. Another 3 weeks later, I got the call from HR telling that I had been hired. The whole process was smooth and fast paced.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between an esoteric lab and a traditional lab?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Lenexa, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Quest Diagnostics (Lenexa, KS) in May 2009.

Interview

I was hired prior to Quest Diagnostics purchasing our lab. The interview process now is efficient, as HR will not contact potential employees unless they fit the criteria necessary for the position. They will then forward qualified applicants to the manager to review. In our area, our manager spends hours in each interview. I usually feel sorry for the people having to waste as many as five hours listening to her!

Interview Questions

• Probably describing a difficult position I have been in and how I may have handled it differently.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The only thing negotiable was the hourly rate. They quoted me an amount that was only $.50 more than I was making. I countered with another $1.50 an hour on top of that and they accepted.

Medical Technologist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Quest Diagnostics.

Interview

Not thorough enough. Not enough time too see Micro Lab. Felt rushed. Everyone was so busy that I felt they would hire me even though the interview was rushed. I was glad to be hired but felt uneasy about their swiftness in hiring me.

Medical Technologist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Quest Diagnostics.

Interview

Very relax interview and friendly but professional interviewers. They show me all the lab departments and their intruments. Friendly people working at the lab too. It looks like a nice place to work.

Interview Questions

• Basic laboratory questions, experiences, some smears to evaluate.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chantilly, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Quest Diagnostics (Chantilly, VA) in January 2015.

Interview

2-3 weeks after that interview. The interview was focused on the compatibilty with the department. The interviews were handled by both directors and supervisor. The director was focused on one's overall qualities for the position while the supervisor was focused one's ability to meet daily work requirements.

Interview Questions

• Work experiences, willingness to work overtime, capbility to work different shifts.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Quest Diagnostics (Newark, NJ).

Interview

First there was an automated phone interview with HR. In the automated interview you are asked a question and then you are to say your answer which is recorded. This automated phone interview is followed up by a brief phone call interview with an actual HR person. Then I had an in person interview with a group lead followed by an interview from the section supervisor. They ask pretty standard/ basic interview questions regarding experience related to job, and conflict resolution.