Quest Diagnostics Interview Questions in San Juan Capistrano, CA | Glassdoor

2.4

9 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

FT Courier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Juan Capistrano, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Quest Diagnostics (San Juan Capistrano, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

The interview process was very easy. First I had a phone interview. They asked simple questions like do I have any similar experience, what's my schedule like etc. I got a call back a few days later to come in for a face to face interview which was also simple. He looked over my resume and asked questions like are you comfortable driving at night, how far do you live, are you comfortable handling specimens etc... He said he would get back to me in a few weeks but he sounded promising because I had many years of courier experience and I lived close by he seemed to like me very much. 2 weeks passed by and I never got a call back. So I called HR (which is the same HR for all locations) after 3 weeks and they replied that the hiring manager has yet to get back to them about who they are hiring. 5 weeks pass by and I have not received an email or anything so I call again and they tell me the same thing. It's been 5 weeks! It doesn't take 5 weeks to decide if they want to hire me or not. I believe I am not hired but they keep beating around the bush.. I don't know why they can't tell me straight out that I'm not hired instead of stringing me along for several weeks when they said it would take 2 weeks. I've been applying for other jobs, I'm not just waiting around but I still wonder if they will ever give me a call or at least an email stating that I'm not hired.. not sure why they can't be professional

Laboratory Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Juan Capistrano, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Quest Diagnostics (San Juan Capistrano, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

I've applied to MANY openings at Quest, but the only contact I received was a company within the Quest campus. I went in for the interview, which went normally. However, I never received a follow up. I'm unsure how Quest handles its hiring process, as I am very well and even overqualified for many of their available positions.

Interview Questions

• What exactly was your role in the study for which you are listed as an author in the list of publications on your resume?   Answer Question

Specimen Processor Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Juan Capistrano, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Quest Diagnostics (San Juan Capistrano, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

How did I heard about the job and what interested me in the position, did I know what type of duties I would be performing and it was a very fast pace environment, and if I was OK with that.

Interview Questions

• If hired do I plan to grow with in the company.   1 Answer

Lab Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Juan Capistrano, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Quest Diagnostics (San Juan Capistrano, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

Basic interview questions, One person interviews you. It took about a week for them to call me back. I got the job and it was temporary position. The interview went smooth and the hiring manager was very professional but relaxed. I went through a drug screening test. They also needed me to email my bachelors degree.

Interview Questions

• Whats your bad and good characteristics? Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   1 Answer

Negotiation

It was through a temp agency

City Courier Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Juan Capistrano, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Quest Diagnostics (San Juan Capistrano, CA) in February 2014.

Interview

It was such a easy-going and laid back interview. They brought up my online results for personality quiz. They were also serious about the work their in as they should be. They showed me around and were very friendly at first.

Clinical Laboratory Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Juan Capistrano, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Quest Diagnostics (San Juan Capistrano, CA) in October 2012.

Interview

Group interview with multiple managers. This was back when their HR wasn't outsourced. It is very likely different now. They were good about asking my current salary and matching it.

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Juan Capistrano, CA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Quest Diagnostics (San Juan Capistrano, CA) in November 2011.

Interview

The interview itself was no pressure and very laid back. I thought I did a good job but I guess it wasn't up to their standard. What gets me is that they didn't bother to let me know if I was hired or not....They should at least let me know the outcome so that I can move on.

Lab Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Juan Capistrano, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Quest Diagnostics (San Juan Capistrano, CA) in March 2010.

Interview

I interviewed with one of their HR employees for about twenty minutes.

Interview Questions

• Would I accept working a graveyard shift   1 Answer
    • Would I object to handling human bodily waste such as fecal material and urine.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Since I was a temporary employee salaey was non-negotiable.

Laboratory Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Juan Capistrano, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Quest Diagnostics (San Juan Capistrano, CA) in February 2010.

Interview

I was contacted by HR within 3 weeks of posting my resume through Quest Diagnostic's online job application. They contacted me by phone and we spoke very briefly about my work experience and what kind of salary I needed. The conversation lasted no more than 5 minutes. I was then told that they're gonna commence with my resume review and that they'll contact me for further instructions.

Interview Questions

• Give us 3 examples of something positive that you've accomplished   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a negative experience you've had in the work place   Answer Question