Quest Diagnostics Specimen Technician I Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Quest Diagnostics Specimen Technician I Interview Questions

1.6

6 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Greensboro, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Quest Diagnostics (Greensboro, NC).

Interview

It was easy. Meet with supervisor, walk around department, meet staff and department manager. The supervisor walks you around so you can see what you will be doing and how people in the department work together.

Interview Questions

• What do you like about this particular field?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Quest Diagnostics

Anonymous Employee in Greensboro, NC

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Quest Diagnostics (Greensboro, NC) in April 2015.

Interview

The interview process was really not much of an interview, but more so a orientation. You typically interview with a group if the position in the main lab. If it is in a specific department (pathology, molecular, mircobiology, etc...) then the interview will be more like your standard one-on-one interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Quest has a general base pay for each job title. They rarely stray from these guidelines. So the negotiation was only within a few cent of the original offer.

Specimen Technician I Interview

Interview

For the phone interview, they asked very basic interview questions i.e. What do you know about our company, why do you want to work for this company, what experience do you have that relates to this job.I didn't have any experience relating to this job, and maybe that is why I never got a face to face interview. Overall, compared to other interviews I have had this one asked the most basic and common interview questions.

Interview Questions

• They were moving the job location from Southern to Northern California, and they asked me if I was okay with that.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Quest Diagnostics (Los Angeles, CA) in June 2014.

Interview

The first question he asked was if I did any research. Which of course I did. He went on to tell me about the company. We did the interview, very basic and comfortable. Then we did a tour and I met people in the lab.

Interview Questions

• What are my strong points?
      Would I be okay with working with the certain specimens?
      What days am I available?   Answer Question
    • Can I be there early in the morning?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I didn't try to negotiate. I liked what they offered so I accepted.

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Quest Diagnostics (Oklahoma City, OK) in August 2008.

Interview

Very casual, one on one interview. Nothing to sweat. Asked basic questions about my previous jobs and school.

Couldn't have lasted for more then 20 to 30 minutes. Then I was given a brief tour of the facility. I was actually offered the job on the spot, which was kind of nice. People were very friendly and helpful. It turned out to be one of the better jobs I've ever had.

Interview Questions

• What are you studying in school? Why are you studying that?   Answer Question

Specimen Technician I Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Quest Diagnostics.

Interview

A recruiter will contact you to take an online assessment which will essentially how quickly and accurately you can type information. If your results are adequate, the recruiter will contact you again for an initial phone interview. If you make it past the phone interview, the recruiter will contact you to set up an on-site interview which will most likely be at the odd times 8 or 9 PM. The interview is usually with the shift supervisors, consisting of 2 or more supervisors. Expect to be at the facility for at least 2 hours. A team lead will waste your time for about an hour showing you the facility and what they do. It's not very exciting. When the team leads find time for you, you will get passed on and taken to the conference room.

Interview Questions

• The questions are very generic in nature. Expect questions about past work experiences, how to handle difficult situations, multi-tasking, strengths and weaknesses, time management, future goals, etc. They don't ask you anything technical or relating to the lab or any lab techniques at all.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Salary was non-negotiable. It was base and there was a shift difference of 12 percent for working night shift.