Quest Diagnostics Specimen Technician Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Quest Diagnostics Specimen Technician Interview Questions

Interviews at Quest Diagnostics

2.6

Specimen Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Quest Diagnostics.

Interview

I actually applied online for a different position. A week later I got an email with a link to do a prescreen. I waited a couple of days to do the prescreen. It consisted of filling out a form online (WPM, expected salary, etc) and then calling a number to do a phone interview with a machine. The machine asks you four basic interview questions and at the end thanks you for applying to said position (Specimen Technician). When the machine thanked me I was confused because I didn't apply to the Specimen Tech position but in the emails I would received from the recruiters, the correct position I was applying for was written so I thought nothing about it. A couple of days later I got another email saying they wanted to set up an in person interview but that it would take 1-2 weeks to get back to me. Just over a week later I started receiving calls from a recruiter to set up an interview. It took about 5days to set up an interview because we kept missing each other. I missed the recruiter's first call because he called at 6am and it took him the 5 days to call me back. When the recruiter mentioned I would be applying to a specimen technician position I finally decided to ask him about it and he was just like, "yeah." The next day I got an email from someone else explaining that the recruiters thought I would be a good fit for this position so they had me interview for this position. I decided to go ahead with interviewing for this position because it was still an entry level lab position but I really wish they asked me or told me first. I had my in person interview a week later. The man who interviewed me started off with showing me around the lab area. He then took me into a room to tell me more about the position and ask me questions. He was very casual and that helped me not to feel so nervous. At the end of the interview he told me it will take a week to hear back but it has been a month since the interview and I haven't heard back. I think the position is already filled but I really wish they would've contacted me to tell me I didn't get it. The waiting game is never fun.

Interview Questions

• How do you stay focused in a distraction filled environment?   1 Answer
  • Tell me about a time you were close to a deadline and how did you deal with it?   Answer Question
  • Have you ever had a problem working with someone? How did you deal with it?   Answer Question
  • Tell me about an experience you had working in a production environment?   Answer Question
  • Why are you currently seeking employment?   Answer Question
  • What is an appropriate excuse/reason for missing work?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Quest Diagnostics

Anonymous Employee in Herndon, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Quest Diagnostics (Herndon, VA) in January 2017.

Interview

it was three on the phone interviews with Medix. Spoke with two different recruiters that lead me through the process. every conversation was either on the phone or through e-mails. Overall smooth and quick.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any experience working in labs?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Marlborough, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Quest Diagnostics (Marlborough, MA) in July 2015.

Interview

Phone interview with talent acquisition. In person interview had two stages. Interviewed by one person who then decides if you should go up to meet the supervisor. Supervisor then interviews you.

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Quest Diagnostics (Pittsburgh, PA) in May 2018.

Interview

Started with a questionnaire followed by an automated phone interview followed with a Data entry test. I'm still waiting on more responses and my fave to panel interview. So to be determined

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Quest Diagnostics (Las Vegas, NV) in February 2015.

Interview

A trainer from day shift showed me around the laboratory before I met the supervisor for a typing speed test they used from a web search and a one-on-one interview. The entire process took an hour at most despite taking roughly 6 months for a callback.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions such as what skills do you possess that will benefit the position you are applying for, where do you see yourself in 5 years, etc.   Answer Question

Specimen Technician Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Quest Diagnostics in June 2018.

Interview

you have to get called for the typing test first then wait to get called for the interview . I had to call weeks later and apply several times before I finally got called again for the interview. Went to the place had to get a drug test done within the next 24hours after the interview.

Interview Questions

• explain a time at work when I had a customer difficulty?   1 Answer