Quest Diagnostics Teleinterviewer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1 Interview Review

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all Interviews

Teleinterviewer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lees Summit, MO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Quest Diagnostics (Lees Summit, MO) in January 2013.

Interview

Filled out online application via the portal. Received and email notification that I had been selected for a phone interview within two weeks of submitting the application. Phone interview was scheduled the same week, and lasted 15-20 minutes. The interviewer told me that he would order an on line typing test for me to take ASAP. He did and I did. The minimum typing requirement is 30 wpm.

He did explain the basic responsibilities of the job, the shift options for the at home workers 6pm-10pm or 7pm-11pm, and 12:30-4:30 pm on Saturday's. The pay $10.50 per hour. The required extra hours per week. (Job is supposed to be 20 hours a week, but the at home workers have been on mandatory extra hours for over a year) Normal hours are 22-29 per week. This usually means working your one "OFF" day during the work week.

After a week, I had a second interview, which was conducted on site at the office in Lees Summit MO. The interview and contingent job offer took 1.5 hours. The face to face interview had me sitting with a supervisor and listening to a recorded interview. Then I was required to read aloud and do a "mock" interview. Where I followed the script and typed her responses. This was graded, and printed.

The supervisor did a great job of explaining the ins and outs of the job, and the nitty gritty of the schedule, attendence, and a welcome suprise that since my shifts were past 4pm I would qualify for the Shift differential, over and above the $10.50 per hour. She didn't know what the differential was, and I forgot to ask the staffing manager who offered me the job.

Another perk I wasn't aware of. As a part time employee, you DO earn PTO and paid holiday hours. 2.31 hours of PTO per pay period. You are not able to take in while in your first 90 days, but you do start accruing it.

Interview Questions

• The biggest disappointment was the strict attendance policy. I work a full time job during the day, and I often have weekend lake plans during the summer. During the phone interview I specifically asked the interviewer if it was a problem for me to take off during the summer for vacation and such. He had stated that it was not a problem at all, as long as I knew I wouldn't be paid for it. This statement was in direct conflict of what the site supervisor told me.

The second disappointment was the fact that the on site training was not 4 weeks of traveling to the Lees Summit office M-F, but 4 weeks in the training center and a minimum of 2-4 weeks in the bank of cubicles set up for the "At Home" department . A person must pass client accuracy tests before being set free to work at home. Makes sense, but traveling to and from Lees Summit every day for 8 weeks or more is going to be a huge gas cost and inconvenience. For me........ I am set to start the training class on February 4th. I need the extra income, but the daunting thought of working 70+ hours a week is a little daunting.
    Answer Question

Negotiation

Contingent on Drug Screen and Background Check.