Quest Software Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 11, 2017

2.7

15 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Entitlement Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Quest Software.

Interview

Four rounds of BS. I was told on a couple of occasions that I was qualified and could get up to speed quickly. I was also told it's more of a personality fit for the team. I was more than qualified, spent five weeks waiting on them - after they told me they'd wrap it up quickly - only to learn that they were passing. Rather than give a qualified candidate a needed opportunity, they apparently passed because they didn't see me as a good fit at their after-work socials. Oh, one more thing - they started off advertising the job with a $70k/30kbonus - only to change it to $60k/15kbonus after two interviews. The entire process was undignified and the people arrogant. But, what should I have expected from private equity people who do sw audits as a main source of revenue?

Interview Questions

• Basically they asked me if I'd accept $10k less in salary and $15k less in bonus than what they originally offered at the start of the interview process.   1 Answer

Channel Sales Specialist Interview

Application

I interviewed at Quest Software in July 2017.

Interview

First interview was mainly focused on the compensation and had a few basic interview questions. Second interview was more focused on the actual role and had a lot of question asking about why I wanted the job and how I would handle the hurdles.

Senior Treasury Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Quest Software.

Interview

1:1 Phone interview for the first round and then 3 separate phone interviews for the second round. They did not call me back telling me my status in the process after the second round and did not respond to a follow status request 10 days later. Was displeased with that.

Interview Questions

• Standard Interviewing fare: Walk me through your resume. Why do you want to work in Tech? Why do you want to work at Quest. Tell me about a time you had to work with a difficult co-worker and how you resolved that situation. Tell me about how you worked on a project with a team across multiple departments on a project.   1 Answer

Call Center Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Henderson, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Quest Software (Henderson, NV) in March 2017.

Interview

I received a call within 2 weeks of submitting an application. It was a brief phone interview with a very friendly person. The salary, hours and benefits were clearly explained. I was asked to come in for a second interview. It was with the same individual. She reviewed the salary, hours and benefits and gave me a tour of the facility. It is a very nice environment and the employees were friendly. I was given a typing test, a "listening test" and did some role play as if I were fielding calls from stranded motorists and determining their needs. I was impressed. I passed all the pre-employment tests. Later that day I received a call for a third iinterview but with the hiring manager. The following morning I was offered a position with another company that paid slightly better. I called Quest to cancel my third interview. The next day I received a call from my new employer telling me that the person I would be replacing rescinded their resignation. They withdrew their offer of employment. I was too embarrased to contact Quest and ask to reschedule my interview with the hiring manager. It would have been a very nice job.

Interview Questions

• Why do you tjink you would be a good candidate for this position?   Answer Question

Campaign Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aliso Viejo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Quest Software (Aliso Viejo, CA) in March 2011.

Interview

I received a call within 24 hours of submitting online. The recruiter was pleasant and managed the interview scheduling. The hiring manager and 2 others gave 1:1 interview, 2 in person and 1 phone interview. The people I interviewed with were very pleasant, they asked unique questions. One manager even took notes which made me feel heard and interested. I'm still going through the interview process and regardless if I land the job or not, I have respect for Quest and the culture they obviously work hard to preserve. Great job Quest!!

Interview Questions

• What is your work vs life balance?   1 Answer
    • What did I do recently that didn't work out and how did I deal with it?   1 Answer

Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aliso Viejo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Quest Software (Aliso Viejo, CA) in July 2010.

Interview

I interviewed with a recruiter in HR who posted the position on LinkedIn. I then interviewed with the hiring manager but didn't get the job since they advertised "local candidates only" and I was out-of-state.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have witih knowledge centered support (KCS)?   1 Answer
    • How do you capture and reuse knoweldge?   1 Answer

C# .NET Developer for Server Virtualization Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo Grove, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Quest Software (Buffalo Grove, IL) in October 2009.

Interview

I had 2 phone interviews with Quest Software human resources people. The second phone interview came about one week after the first.

In the first phone interview they sprung a .NET test on me.

They were constantly telling me to read and understand their website for the interview with them. The website was http://www.vizioncore.com.

In the 3rd and final phone interview, a manager asked me questions that lasted for 5 minutes and that wasn't because I didn't have any answers. He only asked 3 questions.

No one got back to me for 2 weeks so I emailed one of the HR people. She told me I didn't get the job. I emailed back letting them know that they were unprofessional to not contact me and let me know as they said they would.

I don't recommend interviewing with Quest Software or any of its subsidiary companies such as Vizioncore. Very unprofessional!

Sales Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, OH

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Quest Software (Dublin, OH) in June 2008.

Interview

This sales position required an extensive background of successful sales, as well as a drive to perform and a personality to sell.

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Halifax, NS (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Quest Software (Halifax, NS (Canada)) in April 2013.

Interview

The interview process was well organized and flexible. But the whole procedure seems to take a lot of time. It almost took a month in my case.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions in the initial rounds, followed by practical hands on interview   Answer Question

Tech Support Role Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Maidenhead, England (UK)

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Quest Software (Maidenhead, England (UK)) in December 2012.

Interview

Interview Details – I finished my interview for Technical Support Engineer in December

I was approached by a HR person on linkedin, had a phone conversation, then a Tech test and nterview with the hiring manager, and then support director .. finally I spent a half day with the support team.

Throughout the process, they seemed really interested in how my company does things, processes and KCS and such like, which I felt was a little odd.

Everything seemed to be really positive and I was promised feenback in a week...after a week I chased feedback..then a no thanks email.

I asked for feedback..and never heard from them again..

Considering that I had taken holiday and spent a half day with them watching the job..i was rather hoping for feedback on why i did not get the role.