Quest Software Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 14, 2017

2.5

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Aliso Viejo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Quest Software (Aliso Viejo, CA) in November 2010.

Interview

HR called me and we arrange interview within a few days. Interviewed with manager and his supervisor on Friday. Got offer on Monday. Started work the next week. Very fast and efficient.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation but HR initially said salary was lower than my target range. During interview they asked me what pay I wanted and that's what they offered. Perhaps I should have asked for more... lol

Accounts Receivable Interview

Anonymous Employee in Aliso Viejo, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Quest Software (Aliso Viejo, CA) in October 2010.

Interview

Typical two interviews. Met first with the manager, than the supervisor. Somewhat of a reverse order.
    I was the first candidate they interviewed, they interviewed others after me. The whole process took about 5 weeks from when I had the first interview to the actual start date.

Negotiation

Negotiation was not an option.

Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aliso Viejo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Quest Software (Aliso Viejo, CA) in July 2010.

Interview

I interviewed with a recruiter in HR who posted the position on LinkedIn. I then interviewed with the hiring manager but didn't get the job since they advertised "local candidates only" and I was out-of-state.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have witih knowledge centered support (KCS)?   1 Answer
    • How do you capture and reuse knoweldge?   1 Answer

Software Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, OH

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Quest Software (Dublin, OH) in May 2010.

Interview

Two interviews - first with hiring manager, second with hiring manager's boss.

First interview consisted of company overview and detailed description of the role and some basic questions about my experience, approach, etc. I also met with another team member for a few minutes to ask questions about manager, manager's style, typical day, etc.

Second interview was a pleasant conversation about my experience, why this company, etc. Explained to me that I would likely receive an offer.

Interview Questions

Company has a set pay level (base + commission) for each position. They refused to make any consolation to show they were extremely interested in me as a candidate - felt more like they were filling a chair. Company's recruiter told me hiring manager left a message that he "had to have me" on his team, but they didn't show this in their offer.

C# .NET Developer for Server Virtualization Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo Grove, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Quest Software (Buffalo Grove, IL) in October 2009.

Interview

I had 2 phone interviews with Quest Software human resources people. The second phone interview came about one week after the first.

In the first phone interview they sprung a .NET test on me.

They were constantly telling me to read and understand their website for the interview with them. The website was http://www.vizioncore.com.

In the 3rd and final phone interview, a manager asked me questions that lasted for 5 minutes and that wasn't because I didn't have any answers. He only asked 3 questions.

No one got back to me for 2 weeks so I emailed one of the HR people. She told me I didn't get the job. I emailed back letting them know that they were unprofessional to not contact me and let me know as they said they would.

I don't recommend interviewing with Quest Software or any of its subsidiary companies such as Vizioncore. Very unprofessional!

Sales Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, OH

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Quest Software (Dublin, OH) in June 2008.

Interview

This sales position required an extensive background of successful sales, as well as a drive to perform and a personality to sell.

Senior Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Petersburg (Russia)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Quest Software (Saint Petersburg (Russia)) in April 2017.

Interview

Interview was flawless in terms of process. I'd say it was the one, I could set as an example.

Parter(AFAIK) HR company, which works with Quest in long term, found my resume on Russian biggest job-hunting site. HR was kind and welcome to any questions. We set a time to make a visit in their office.

5 minutes of waiting at reception and few guys came to welcome me, telling their names(I don't really remember names). We went to big room with a board, big table, it was a good conference room. 2 guys sat, one person was standing with me at board and talking.

First of, I was asked to tell about myself. I really like to talk much, but person I was talking to was experienced enough to stop me in kind way. I was pleased how he can handle conversation.

Then, we went to his questions.
    See questions in Interview Questions section below. Was asked do I know english, can I speak it. Low experience in spoken english wasn't a problem.

Then I was introduced to some service with Python tasks I need so solve to get some points. I WAS ALLOWED TO GOOGLE THINGS. Anything, except solution. That's a game-changing! Developer is treated as developer, not as collection of references and manuals. You need to provide solution, show your vision on code, answer some related questions, they need to hear your opinion.

Then I was asked few more tech questions(see below).

Next step was to answer questions about some real code: to give a reason why certain changes was made their code, to fine some problems in code(details see below, in questions).

After giving answers, I was allowed to ask any questions. BIGGEST PROBLEM was that only one man was talking, other ones wasn't really participating in conversation so I could not get a vision about social communication inside company, team, between guys. But I didn't realise that on interview, so I could not get any feedback on this topic face-to-face.

I got offer.

I wasn't sure about social communications(I don't really want to work in "cold" team, company). So I asked to contact representative for company to ask more questions. I was contacted on phone, representative as a PM. Good person, but still, I'm not sure about inner company communication.

Right now I'm seriously thinking about accepting this offer.

Interview Questions

• A riddle with 3 towers: you need to move 3 pancakes with different sizes from first tower to last, but you can't put bigger on smaller one   1 Answer
    • To move 4 pancakes and predict how many steps it will take, without counting, without thinking about math, you need to have a vision   1 Answer
    • During tasks solving on code-challenge site, I was asked about: list comprehensions, generators, Iterators, processes, threads, GIL, a bit about go. Wasn't really a questions format, more like "tell us what you know about this topic".   1 Answer
    • What is quicksort, what sorting algorithms you know?   1 Answer
    • Tell us about complexity of quicksort? Why? Drew it.   1 Answer
    • What is async/await?   1 Answer
    • Here is a commit, tell us why we had to add this?   1 Answer
    • Find a problem in this GoLang code   1 Answer

Presales Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Quest Software.

Interview

Interviewed by an employee who didn't know what to ask. The whole appointment was confusing. Nobody knows about anything about the product area I was starting for. Another appointment was with the Sales Manager and the Presales Manager.

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Halifax, NS (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Quest Software (Halifax, NS (Canada)) in April 2013.

Interview

The interview process was well organized and flexible. But the whole procedure seems to take a lot of time. It almost took a month in my case.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions in the initial rounds, followed by practical hands on interview   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Beijing, Beijing (China)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Quest Software (Beijing, Beijing (China)) in March 2013.

Interview

There were 4 rounds of interview. (1) Phone screening (2) Technical questions with the manager (3) Algorithm question (4) HR interview. Overall, the process was quite smooth and the HR was very friendly as well as helpful.

Interview Questions

• Some basic programming questions like OOP, static functions and variables etc   Answer Question