Questar Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Questar Interview Questions

Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Questar.

Interview

Applied in February 2016, contacted in late April to schedule an interview in Salt Lake City. Interviewed with a panel of four engineers and they each asked questions regarding past experience and behavioral questions. Was given a P&ID (Piping and instrumental Diagram) and asked to name as many parts as I could. I thought the interview went very well and was told I would be contacted in a couple days. After a week of no contact I attempted to contact the HR representative who initially set up the interview and ask the status but was given the silent treatment. In the future at least send a mass email to the candidates who weren't offered a position. Quite unprofessional if you ask me.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle having multiple assignments?   1 Answer

Foreman Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Questar (Salt Lake City, UT) in February 2015.

Interview

Lengthy, thorough. They asked for my background experience, my hobbies, my family. It was a comfortable setting with very professional interviewers.The guys knew what they wanted in a foreman. The only difficult part was where to end.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle stressful situations.   1 Answer

Associate Reservoir Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Questar (Salt Lake City, UT).

Interview

Initial phone interview. It went well and was invited for a second in person interview before getting off the phone. The second interview was in Salt Lake City, which I was flown out to. The interview process was a meet and greet session with everyone in the technical staff I would be directly or indirectly working with. Total number of interviewers was eight. Lasted until from first thing in the morning until about 3:00pm.

Interview Questions

• What separates you from the rest of the candidates?   2 Answers

Field Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lyman, WY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Questar (Lyman, WY) in May 2014.

Interview

Once you get an interview they look at your resume and experience but then begin asking you behavioral-like questions and get to know you as a person as best they can. It was a group interview with the supervisor doing most of the questions and it took around 30 minutes to complete. Everyone I know that got a job it's because they had minimum or outstanding skill set but they presented themselves as a hardworking, easy to get along with type of person.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral related and a lot of "What would you do in this situation"   1 Answer

Programming Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Questar (Salt Lake City, UT) in October 2012.

Interview

it was very professional. They asked questions that were relevant to the specific job I applied for. It was a very relaxed environment with a lot of interesting questions. I applied online and received a phone call within two weeks. After they did a phone screening there was only one in person interview with a panel of people

Engineering Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in College Station, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Questar (College Station, TX) in September 2012.

Interview

Was invited to an interview through my campus career center. I was interviewed by two young engineers, one had graduated less than a year ago. They basically went over my resume and asked me about why I chose my major. Questions were not difficult and the interview was very vanilla. They had a company informational afterwards which I attended and it was very informative. The were very cordial and I felt comfortable in the interview. It took them about 8-9 weeks to get back to me, which I think is a bit long. I even sent in a thank you letter plus a follow up email with no response, which is frustrating seeing as it took so long to hear my result. Overall the process was average/poor relative to the other interview processes I have been through. The questions were not behavioral as well.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about our company?   2 Answers