Mercantila Interview Question: Question will be around the t... | Glassdoor

Interview Question

Logistics Analyst Interview San Francisco, CA

Question will be around the topic of how to reduce cost

, damaged returns, create scorecards, and consumer complaints.
Answer

Interview Answer

1 Answer

The company has no scorecards in place. They are going up on EDI (PO) only but the Business Analyst has a poor idea of what it takes to get over 1500 partners on EDI. He asked me: How long will it take? And he wanted specific length of time. If you are have worked in EDI, you know that there is no answer since it is not up to you but also the partner. That gave an understanding that there was no understanding. Mercantila want to get hold of the cost of returns. The CEO Nikhil mentioned that he wanted to reduce cost by 30%. I heard at the final stage of the talking about the job offer that Mercantile "after many,many interviews they had lost confidence in finding the right candidate and they were excited to find my skills." Obviously, not enough to make sure that Nikhil's vision is carried out. The upper manager above the immediate manager works from Sacramento and comes to the office one or two days a week, I do not remember exactly. At the salary that she is offering, even in this economy, she will not be able to find someone that will be able to carry the CEO's vision. The salary is at an entry level - no experience. Hope all of this helps.

Interview Candidate on Sep 23, 2010

Add Answers or Comments

To comment on this, Sign In or Sign Up.