Questrade Interview Questions in Canada | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 14, 2017

2.7

Client Services Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Questrade (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in January 2017.

Interview

There is a 30 minute written test followed by a 1 minute typing test followed by a half hour interview. The written test consist of under ten questions with some general questions about both the company Questrade why you are qualified for the position and there are some questions about the stock market.

Interview Questions

Questrade Response

Feb 15, 2017 – Talent Outreach and Social Media Specialist

Thanks for your application and we’re glad to hear you had a positive candidate experience with us! Our client services team hires new talent every quarter. We encourage you to keep checking our ... More

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Questrade (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in June 2016.

Interview

I arrived there on time and wait for five minutes and I got to meet the managers. The whole process took 10-15 minutes. The interview took place at one of their meeting room and it's make me more intense.

Interview Questions

• We talked about my past experience. And the managers are really nice.   Answer Question

Aug 31, 2016 – Talent Outreach and Social Media Specialist

Thanks for your feedback. We’re glad your application process was so speedy and that you enjoyed meeting our hiring team. Best of luck!

Back Office Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Questrade (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in April 2016.

Interview

I was in touch with an HR worker a few weeks in advance. They were very flexible in accommodating my schedule. Questrades location was very convenient, and easy to find being that it is right on the Finch subway station. interviewers arrived on time and were very kind and cordial.

Interview Questions

Questrade Response

May 30, 2016 – Talent Outreach and Social Media Specialist

Thank you for your feedback! We pride ourselves on delivering a great candidate experience and so it’s always great to hear such positive feedback from candidates about our interview process.

Senior C++ Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North York, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Questrade (North York, ON (Canada)).

Interview

online test followed by face to face with 4 people in a room.
    These people leave you hanging and don't get back to you if they are not interested. Shows the quality of their hiring process.

Interview Questions

• what do you don't like in a coding standard?
      How fast do you recover if others frequently interrupt your work?
      How well do you work in a crowded work space.
      Technical questions.
      The supposed to be senior interviewers were not very knowledgeable in technical questions, sometimes I had to correct them, sometimes they were giving me blank stare when they didn't understand what I was saying. I have been rejected by competent interviewers a few times. But I always get rejected by incompetent interviewers. ;-)
      Answer Question

Dec 14, 2015 – Talent Outreach and Social Media Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We’re very sorry to hear that your experience with us was not as positive as we would have hoped. We understand how much time and effort job ... More

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Questrade.

Interview

Applied online and got an interview. The hiring team was very helpful throughout the process and the managers who interviewed me were also very nice. The receptionist was also very engaging when I went in and was waiting for the managers to come bring me into the interview.

Interview Questions

Questrade Response

Dec 14, 2015 – Talent Outreach and Social Media Specialist

Thank you for your comments and we’re so glad to hear you had a positive experience meeting our team!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Questrade (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in October 2015.

Interview

Process was easy, Nothing hard as such, at least I didn't find anything hard. The recruiter over the phone was very friendly. Mostly sales related questions. But The panelists were very laid back and seemed they have decided some candidate before the interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had a sales objection? Most basic question that anyone could ask? I was actually looking for some challenge but those people were almost sleeping.   Answer Question

Dec 14, 2015 – Talent Outreach and Social Media Specialist

Thanks for your comments. We’d like to reassure you that all job candidates who we invite to our on-site interviews are considered equally for the position at hand. We understand and respect that ... More

Client Service Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Questrade (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in May 2015.

Interview

pretty straight forward. You get a call that briefly asks you some questions like did you complete csc and if you have trading experience.
    Next step is an in-person interview /computer quiz.
    The computer test asks some trading knowledge questions like what a limit order is or a stop order and it has a typing component to test your typing speed
    There is also a panel style interview that would be with the HR managers and your potential supervisors.

Interview Questions

Questrade Response

Dec 14, 2015 – Talent Outreach and Social Media Specialist

Thanks for taking the time to provide your feedback!

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Questrade (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in May 2015.

Interview

First a telephone interview which was easy Then for the panel interview, four ppl interviewed me, kind of nervous dont know which one to look at. They were pretty friendly. One asking behavior questions and another finance related. Theres a computer test as well.

Interview Questions

• what do you know about questrade product and services? option?   Answer Question

Dec 14, 2015 – Talent Outreach and Social Media Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to write this review!

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Questrade (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in January 2015.

Interview

Lovely. The team leader himself interviewed me in the first round. An adorable young man with bright future for sure. Starting from "tell me about projects you involved. as more as possible." Then several technical questions, like the difference between "==" and "===". At the end he told me about the next two rounds, which will be a project and an ordinary interview, you know, like "tell me about yourself". Wonderful experience.

Interview Questions

• the difference between "==" and "==="   1 Answer

Dec 14, 2015 – Talent Outreach and Social Media Specialist

Thank you for your review! We’re so happy to hear you enjoyed the interview process.

New Accounts Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Questrade in November 2014.

Interview

I got referred by a employee and I got a phone interview on the same day. Not hard, tell me about your customer service experience and ask some questions like what's your salary expectation, your availability and other lauguage you can speak. I wasn't asked to come into office for a interview and I receive a email saying this position has been fullfilled. I guess I should apply earlier.

Interview Questions

Questrade Response

Dec 14, 2015 – Talent Outreach and Social Media Specialist

Thank you for your review. We’re big believers in leveraging our team’s networks and so, we’re happy to hear you were able to connect with us through one of our employees. Thanks again and best of ... More