Quick Base Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Quick Base Interview Questions

Interviews at Quick Base

3.1

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Quick Base.

Interview

Met the representative in a college meetup and got a call from HR. Next day engineer manager spoke for 30 min and it went well. Next day I got a mail saying they are looking for better candidates.

Interview Questions

• No technical questions asked. Just previous experience.   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Quick Base (Cambridge, MA) in June 2018.

Interview

After 2 phone interviews, a presentation and a 5hr interview, never heard back from them and ghosted me. If a company can’t even get back to you after all the time they expect you to put into it, it shows lack of professionalism and poor environment. Besides being so unconsidered towards candidate’s time.

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Quick Base in November 2015.

Interview

Quick but thorough. Value a diverse background in sales and company work experience. Wanted to know about me personally as well as professionally which was refreshing. They made sure to be thoughtful of my time and did'nt drag the process out- they game updates along the way that made me feel informed as to how things were progressing.

Accounts Receivable Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Quick Base (Cambridge, MA) in June 2016.

Interview

Two very long interviews after a long phone screen. Told last minute to prepare a presentation for the second interview. Upon arrival of the second interview the hiring manager wasn't aware of the presentation and said it was fine if I didn't present. I did since I spent the previous night putting it together. They never called me again even to say they went with someone else.

Interview Questions

• What would I do if there was a software change and how would I inform clients.   1 Answer

Senior Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Quick Base (Boston, MA) in November 2016.

Interview

unnecessarily long interview process for a short term 3 week administrative assignment. Had to create a 10 page PowerPoint presentation from a scribbled hand-written copy, had to create a summer company outing proposal with very specific parameters plus personal narrative on my professional background. I completed all tasks as assigned with actual data. Even made management level recommendations to improve schematic for their internal infrastructure, which was a mess. I was very well prepared.

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Quick Base (Cambridge, MA) in November 2016.

Interview

Very interesting process - Composed of three parts - presentation style - Introduce yourself, demonstrate a potential part of the job you would do - mgt issue, facilitation, build software; and third, solve a problem. Brings out various aspects that just asking questions might fail to see.

Interview Questions

• Talk about how you solved X problem in a prior company.   1 Answer

Sales Manager Interview

Interview

This was a first stage interview with the interviewer mostly talking about the role and asking a few broad-based questions based on my resume. I followed up after the interview to reinforce my interest in the role but never heard back. Rejection is part of the job application experience for candidates and something we all go through. But when/if a candidate reaches out about next steps/feedback on the process for filling a role, the professional thing to do is respond.

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Quick Base (Cambridge, MA) in September 2016.

Interview

Never ending, never committed and all conversations were over the phone. Steps included multiple calls with each of 4 different people (Employees A, B, C, D).

Next step was to be an onsite presentation, but company got spun off from Intuit so open req got put on hold, process stopped, but then picked up again. Employee D got moved to Employee C's role, had a second interview with him, did not remember me and both times was the least enthusiastic interviewer I've had. Both times I've talked to this Employee D-turned-C, he tried to keep our scheduled 1 hour call to 15-20 minutes, insulting. I made sure to keep it an hour by asking 3X the number of questions he did, most of which were responded to with dribble or things like "Actually, we're really in a position where we just fake it til' we make it, " due to all of the process changes after the spinoff. Or, "You know, I'm not really used to doing these screening calls..."

This was the hiring manager, on a second interview with me, not a screening call, but an interview for a position that reported to him. I believe this individual did not fit the culture that I see and read about for QB, so he's probably a one-off there, but does NOT help the company's image. Also, I did have great conversations with others there.

Interview Questions

• Q: So, what is it that you're looking to do? (Really? You know very well that I'm interviewing for a very specific role that reports directly to you.)
      Q: Tell me about your experience.
      Q: Tell me about your day to day process.   Answer Question

Software Engineering Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Quick Base (Boston, MA) in May 2018.

Interview

Very responsive HR team - with detailed instructions for the inverview day that really helped ease the jitters. Did a presentation about the product and my experience that I'd bring to the team. Followed up with 1:1 interviews with my boss, and two peers. Great feedback along the way - very inclusive culture!

Interview Questions

• What is your management style?   1 Answer

Solutions Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Quick Base (Boston, MA) in April 2018.

Interview

I applied through a recruiter on campus and got an email to schedule a call with a hiring manager within 1 week. I didn't get an offer but the interviewer made me feel very comfortable and not condescended. He then refers me to talk to another hiring manager in the same company for a better fit.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about relational database? What projects did you do? What are the outcome?   Answer Question