Quicken Loans Document Specialist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Quicken Loans Document Specialist Interview Questions

Updated Feb 21, 2017

2.5

Document Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Quicken Loans in January 2017.

Interview

I applied for a few internships with the company and within a week or two was contacted in regards to an interview. Because I am not currently located in/near Detroit, I did a 15 or so minute phone interview with a recruiter. After that, I was approved to move on to the next steps, where they assigned me "my" recruiter who worked with me through the rest of the process. That recruiter interviewed me over the phone again, this time a longer and more extensive interview. What I liked about the interview was that my recruiter walked me through what these internships would entail and, after having gotten to know me and my goals and preferences a bit more, recommended me as a good fit for the document specialist internship. I definitely felt valued because of that. It only took a few days after that for them to come to me with an offer. Between the interview and the offer, I filled out a more extensive application, but it really wasn't too horrible. The only thing that was hard is that they only gave me a weekend to decide if I was going to accept the offer. I understand that QL's internships are competitive, but it was hard to make a decision that quickly. Once I decided, they ran a full background check, and I signed my official offer letter a week after accepting the offer verbally. All in all a great process.

Interview Questions

• How can an internship with Quicken Loans help you achieve your career goals?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Quicken Loans

Document Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Quicken Loans (Detroit, MI) in October 2012.

Interview

I applied for a few different jobs on quickenloans.com. About a week later I received a phone call from Quicken telling me that they were interested in me as a candidate, but that I wouldn't go in for Quicken directly. He said to expect to hear from Aerotek about possible job opportunities. Two days later, I got a call from a recruiter at Aerotek, a staffing agency, but this particular, section of the agency only hires for Quicken Loans.

I had a phone interview with the recruiter, scheduled an in person interview for the next day. Before the in person interview I was emailed the link to three typing tests -- wpm, alpha numeric and numeric. Met with the recruiter in person and it went well. I spoke with the recruiter again a few times while he was trying to reach my references and once more, the next day and was told that if I was interested in the position offered, that I was conditionally hired pending a background check. I was told the background check could take up to two weeks.

In the meantime, the next day at 10am, I was scheduled for a paperwork session, wherein I filled out employment documents -- Direct Deposit form, MI-W4, Federal W-4, DW-4..., etc. This took less than an hour.

Nine days later I got a call that I passed my background check and was given my start date. The whole process from application to actual hire date took about three weeks. My start date was two weeks from the day I was officially hired.

Interview Questions

• There were no particularly difficult questions. It was all pretty standard. That being said, I am always thrown by how to look when they ask why I left my last job. The simple answer is income or drama. I'm always afraid my face is telling the truth, while my mouth is being very political.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I knew what the position started at before I applied and it was already acceptable to me, so there was no need to negotiate.