Quicken Loans Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Quicken Loans Intern Interview Questions

Updated May 17, 2017

2.4

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Quicken Loans.

Interview

I received a behavioral phone screen with basic questions about myself. They never reached back out to me after several follow-up emails, so I assumed that they didn't see me fit. This says more about the company as a whole where they see fit not to reply back to candidates.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Quicken Loans

Intern Interview

Interview

I had a phone interview at first and it was about 10-20 minutes. They asked simple behavioral questions. If you are prepared and know yourself you should do fine.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Quicken Loans in April 2017.

Interview

2 weeks after applying on online on their website, I was called to take a short interview. It went on for 15 minutes and just basic academic related questions were asked.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Quicken Loans in April 2017.

Interview

I was interviewed over the phone by a recruiting officer. It covered basic topics such as my interest in Quicken Loans, my resume, education background, etc. It was a very painless process overall.

Intern Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Quicken Loans.

Interview

I applied for an internship at Bedrock Real Estate in Detroit and I got an email about two weeks later. I got a phone interview the next day asking general personal questions. Why Quicken Loans? Why this position? What class best helped you for this position?

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Quicken Loans (Detroit, MI) in November 2016.

Interview

MY INTERVIEW PROCESS

There were 2 phone interviews. The first was with a recruiter and the second was with the team I applied for. The first interview was a personality/culture fit interview. The second interview was a technical interview.

______________________________

THE PROCESS

- Called to set up a "pre-screen" interview by a recruiter
    - 15-30 minute "pre-screen" interview with recruiter
    - Some people will receive a second interview with the recruiter
    /**** You may be given a background/reference check form around this stage in the process ****/
    - The last interview was a 30-minute technical interview with the team I applied for.
               - There will be a minimum of 2 people to about 5-10 people
               - One or two people will head the conversation
    - A decision will be made within the same day or the following days
               - If given a verbal offer,
                         ~ They will conduct a background, credit, reference, and previous employment check
                         ~ If everything checks out, you will be given an official offer

______________________________

TIPS

- Truly learn about the company
               - Don't simply relay information that everyone else will give
               - Know "why" and "how" you will fit into the company
               - Study the ISM's and pick a few that really mean something to you
                         ~ They dig into why you chose them if you bring them up
    - Tell "true" stories that relate to the position
               - They really dig into your stories and qualifications.
               - Prepare and study stories so you can make them fit any S.T.A.R question
               - You are showing them what you have done in the past and how you will fit into the company
    - Study up for the technical interview
               - If your position is technical, they will ask some basic questions
               - Prepare.
               - If you don't know the answer, tell them! (Shows your an honest person)
               - Refresh yourself on technical concepts that you may have forgotten
               - PRACTICE YOUR RESPONSES!
    - Be yourself and relax
               - Want to relive the nerves? (Prepare and practice!)
               - We all had that exam we knew we were going to pass. Why was that?
                         ~ We knew the answers prior because we studied and prepared.
    - Treat the interview like a professional conversation
               - Don't be stiff!
               - Show you will be fun to work with (Keep it professional)
    - DON'T HAVE NOTES!
               - Preparation is key! Study the information you don't know.
               - You will do better with a natural conversation so study up!
               - I suggest if you want to have notes, use only one notecard with important facts
    - The recruiter is there to help you!
               - If you have questions, ask.
    - Always follow up!
               - No matter the decision made, always follow up with everyone you speak with.

DONT WORRY, YOU GOT THIS!

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Quicken Loans (Detroit, MI).

Interview

Pretty simple. Basic behavioral questions. The questions were pretty simple so as long as you have practiced then you'll be fine. They don't have any record of your process so expect to be asked the same interview questions over and over again.

Intern Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Quicken Loans.

Interview

Applied through College and got a phone call after a few days to set up a phone-screening interview with an HR recruiter. Basic behavioral questions with an emphasis on past internship experiences. The recruiter was super friendly. Called back after 7-10 days to set up a second phone interview with recruiting team. Still in process.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Quicken Loans (Detroit, MI) in February 2017.

Interview

Got a call 1 week after I applied. Looks like they are pretty fast in doing that and they pretty much phone screen almost every applicant.

Anyways, set up a time the day of. The recruiter sounded professional, friendly, made me comfortable. It started off with "Why quicken loans? How did you hear about us?" Since I am a Detroit local. I was truly excited about the opportunity and very aware of what they do for the city and the community, and their culture. So I talked about that. She just said "Ok" and then moved on to other questions, didn't seem to care a lot. Oh well.

Then 20 minutes phone screen mainly about my resume, and situation questions. 2 days later she called and rejected me.

I thought my background, communication on the phone and my answers would at least get me a second round. No idea why they rejected. They rejected all my friends too. I am curious about on what basis they reject people. For internship job postings, they don't give a lot of info on requirements and stuff. So you can't really figure out how you got rejected.

She also told me they pay intern $11/hr because they hire quite amount of interns. That is even less than my graduate assistant on campus job, which also makes me think does each intern really learn a lot that way? Maybe...

Overall it was a good experience.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Quicken Loans in February 2017.

Interview

Applied online after which I got a call in two week to set up a telephonic Interview. Pretty easy questions like how did you hear about quicken loans. Why did you apply for this position, etc.