Quicken Loans Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,408 Interview Reviews

2.6

1. Featured Interview

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Quicken Loans (Detroit, MI) in July 2019.

Interview

Interview process in total took about 3 weeks.

Received an employee referral from a friend I went to college with. I had previously been a Financial Consultant before applying. Second day after receiving the referral and completing the online application, I received an email from a recruiter. After gathering information and passing what I'm assuming is an initial screening for the job, we set up a phone interview which took about a good hour.

A week or so went by and I received a call from a human resource employee stating they were going to start working on my background check / employment verification. Given the time taken, I'm assuming they call each of your previous employers and ask them questions on how you were as an employee.

By the end of the week I received an email offering me the position.

Interview Questions

• What are some of your career goals?   1 Answer
    • Where do you see yourself in the next 5 years?   1 Answer
    • How do you think your current sales experience will help you in this position?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Quicken Loans (Detroit, MI) in July 2020.

Interview

I had an online phone interview and completed an online assessment. It was previewed by a phone interview in which I was briefed on what the assessment would entail. The interviewer sent all info to my email and the assessment was easy to understand.

Interview Questions

• Whether I prefer a easy laid back work load or liked to be challenged with a heavier workload.   1 Answer

Data Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Quicken Loans.

Interview

Basic behavioral questions and introduction. Generic questions on the prior internship experience. Questions on university and coursework. The interview went well but they were specifically looking for a person experienced in Hadoop.

Mortgage Banker Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Quicken Loans.

Interview

I applied in January of 2020 via University recruitment.

I passed/did well on all screenings, HR interviews, background checks, assessments, etc. I finally had my final interview in late March 2020 (after COVID-19 initially hit). I appeared to have done well on my last interview, however, two weeks after it I finally heard that Management decided to cease hiring any Mortgage Banker who did not already have their license. They told me they were going to shift around their incoming classes and they will contact me with updates as I could be hired for an August start date.

Long story short, they ended up going weeks without contacting me so I finally reached out to my HR rep and they noted that they did not have any updates for me. This happened on a few more occasions which I thought was very unprofessional.

It is now June 2020 and I STILL have not heard anything from them (interviewed originally in February mind you) I am cognizant of the impact COVID-19 has had on everyone, however, it was clear to me that they did not value my time and did not even care to update me every now and again.

I work directly with students in an organization that QL recruits from every semester, and I will be sure to give the appropriate caveats.

NOC Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Quicken Loans (New York, NY) in June 2020.

Interview

I interviewed at Quicken Loans for a total of 3 positions over 6 months. It was a straight forward process. I started with a recruiter as an internal referral and each time had a phone call which was primarily to discuss my resume. I then had a face-to-face interview (for the interview pre-COVID) or a Microsoft Teams interview. This drilled into more of the specifics and traditionally had 3 to 5 people.

Closing Care Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Quicken Loans (Detroit, MI) in June 2020.

Interview

Interviewer Called and Spoke about the company for about 15 mins. Then asked a little about my Resume, We went on to discuss the company and the Culture around the company

Interview Questions

• Describe a time at a previous job where you faces an unexpected issue and had to resolve it   Answer Question

Virtual Trainer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Quicken Loans.

Interview

I applied online. A few days later I received a text message to set up an initial phone interview for later in the week. After a few days I was reached out to by another recruiter for another interview. Then, I had yet another interview with a director. After my phone call I was told I needed to create a 20 presentation about whatever I wanted and needed to present it in a virtual setting and this would be an hour long call, and also asked me to complete a background check. After all of this, they told me they would reach out to me the following Friday. I didn't hear anything. The following Tuesday (after Friday) the recruiter reached out to me and informed me that the position had been filled.

While I was disappointed I didn't get the role, I asked for feedback and they weren't able to provide me with any constructive information to improve upon. I invested several hours in this company to not get anything in return is rather frustrating as an interviewee.

Interview Questions

• What have you heard about Quicken Loans?
      Why work at Quicken Loans?
      Tell me more about your previous work experience.   Answer Question

Mortgage Banking Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Quicken Loans.

Interview

The interview process was very smooth! I went through about 4 phone interviews and all went well. The recruiters were very friendly! Very in-depth situational interview but mostly common interview questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you had a conflict with a coworker/teammate   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Quicken Loans (Cleveland, OH) in May 2020.

Interview

Met with various team members, all of whom were encouraging and friendly as well as knowledgeable and direct. Ultimately I chose to look elsewhere, but not because I’d the interview the process.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Quicken Loans.

Interview

I thought it was thorough without being intimidating. The reps I spoke to were very easy to talk to. I spoke to two or three as the interview process went on. Every person I spoke to was friendly and it felt like we were just having a conversation while they were asking the typical questions. d

Senior Mortgage Banker Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Quicken Loans in April 2020.

Interview

Long story short, made it to the final stage of the interview process and was given a sad excuse as to why they are moving forward with other candidates.

Recruiter claimed it was due to no call center experience. You would think they would post this on the job requirements in the job posting section if it was a requirement. Huge waste of time because the recruiter knew from the initial interview there was no direct call center experience. Why continue a month long plus process if you already know that you are not going to hire someone without call center experience?

So instead of stopping the process there, the recruiter took me through 2 phone interviews, a 'job tryout' (bunch of tests online), filled out extensive background information, and had a video interview with a director... all to come down to there was no job offer due to the lack of call center experience. Again, waste of time and inefficient from the beginning if that is a job requirement. Which means this is probably not the reason for moving onto other candidates in spite of me being "a good culture fit" (recruiters words). So I believe I was lied to.

I wrote the recruiter, the director, and a few other people explaining how they should be clear on their job postings, otherwise it is redundant to waste the recruiter, director, and applicants time. I suggested this because they claim to live by the value in their 'ism's of "Obsessed with finding a better way." Shocked they have yet to articulate their job postings accurately.

The recruiter herself seemed very cheerful and joyous but extremely forced. It was hard to speak normally to her because it was as if she was being evaluated in keeping up an over-the-top conversation with every encounter. At one point it was as if she reverted to her true self because she mentioned about putting on her "recruiter hat" and her tone change for a few seconds. I just picture her sitting down mentally preparing for every phone call in order to talk outside of her normal personality.

1st interview was a phone interview for about an hour. Asking all sorts of questions about my previous experience and why Quicken Loans. Also asked if I know anything about their company. If you interview for them know that they are part of the Rock Family group and know a few 'ism's, just google them, they will show up.

2nd interview the recruiter explained that it was more or less just giving me more information on what the job entailed, but it was basically a repeat of the first interview asking many of the same questions, as if to test for consistency.

Next stage: "Virtual job tryout". **see explained in interview questions**

After the job tryout the recruiter called and mentioned how everything looks good on her end. So I passed the job tryout. She then sent me links to a credit check and some background info along with 10 years of work and residence history. Felt like I was applying to the FBI just without a polygraph.

Received a phone call at one point saying how they wont move forward because of the mortgage license being inactive. I asked if that was the only reason preventing us from moving forward, she stated yes. To them inactive meant you are not approved to do mortgages. She was under the impression and stated that I needed to do the SAFE exam again (which is the exam to get your mortgage license). I tried to explain how 'inactive' to the licensing system simple means 'you are not currently originating mortgages', meaning you are not currently working at a bank. As soon as a bank/lender hires you the status changes to active. Further explain how she can see that my continuing education is up to date. You would have to not take any education for 3 years before the SAFE exam would expire. But this is something she did not know.

I was stunned that being one of the largest mortgage companies they did not have this figured out. She asked for my license password and user name to the website, I hesitantly gave it knowing that they really cant get any more info than whats already on the public access site. Received a phone call a few days later with no apology and saying how the next step is to schedule an interview with a director.

**See Director interview in interview questions**

A few days later, the recruiter called and gave me the excuse of moving on with different candidates because of the lack of call center experience. Caught me off guard and couldn't recall if that was part of a requirement. Said all sorts of 'sweet' things like how they are making new positions and teams all the time and we can circle back. I asked what does that look like to circle back and received the same sentence of new teams being created with no direct response on how to keep in touch.

**See final thoughts in interview questions**