Quicken Loans Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,122 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

1. Featured Interview

Mortgage Banker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Quicken Loans (Scottsdale, AZ) in October 2017.

Interview

Had a recruiter from Detroit reach out to me after putting information in a while back. We talked for about 25 minutes then she put me in touch with the Scottsdale recruiter since that is the location that I was interested in. Had about an hour phone call with her, going over past experience, skills, and behavioral type questions. She had me to do an online simulation which was a breeze then shortly afterwards scheduled me an interview. I had the in-person interview with the VP of sales and a sale manager at the Scottsdale location. Very easy-going interview and genuine management. They weren't hiding anything in what to expect from working at QL, which is often the contrary. We talked mainly about values and stories of my past experiences in sales. I didn't have to do a mock sales call like others mentioned having to do. It seemed more of a culture-fit interview than anything. I had my background check done which took almost 2 weeks total. Overall, a long process, but I'm excited to start working for this company.

Interview Questions

• What are 3 components that the best salesman have?   1 Answer

Nov 27, 2017 – Community Manager

We're glad you had such a great interview experience. Thank you for taking the time to write a review!

Digital Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Quicken Loans.

Interview

First interview was about 10-15 minutes covering the basics on my resume and information I knew already about QL. Both first and second interviews are over the phone and with talent recruiters.

Interview Questions

• Where would you like to be in 5 years? What is a difficult situation that you overcame and how? Name a time you lead and group. What is your expected salary?   Answer Question

Legal Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Quicken Loans (Detroit, MI).

Interview

Recruiter called me and asked a series of questions that weren't related to the job, but rather on placing me in a role they found best suited. They never followed up with me afterwards, so when I reached out I was told another candidate was being pursued. A week later, the job is still being advertised.

Interview Questions

• Are you open to internships?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Quicken Loans.

Interview

The interview process consisted of a series of phone interviews. Questions were general behavioral questions and questions about past experiences in school and other jobs. Nothing too challenging, mostly what you would expect from any job interview.

Interview Questions

• What was a challenge you faced in a previous job and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question

Jan 17, 2018 – Community Manager

Thank you for your review.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Quicken Loans.

Interview

1st Interview was mostly behavioral questions and them getting to know you as a person and what you have to offer. I was offered a 2nd interview scheduled with a recruiter.

Total Rewards Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Quicken Loans.

Interview

I received two phone calls, one first with a general HR person, and then with the person who would then become my boss. Both interviews were not super long-probably 30 minutes. They asked some basic questions regarding my experience and education, then some specific ones specific to the job. Emphasizing willingness to work in a team and experience in teams is really helpful

Interview Questions

• What is your experience with Microsoft Excel?   1 Answer

Dec 18, 2017 – Community Manager

We're glad that you enjoyed your interview experience! Thank you for your review.

Copy Writer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Quicken Loans (Detroit, MI) in December 2017.

Interview

Met with the department manager for over an hour, I answered every question and provided examples related to the questions. So, let's cut to the chase, Quicken blatantly practices age discrimination if you are over 35 years of age. During the interview, the manager made these types of statements: "I am not sure you would fit into the group." "It is a very YOUNG group, even I feel old sometimes (at 38).” "Not sure you would get their jokes, like Snap Chat references." "Of course, you could offer some mentoring.” At the interview's conclusion, I asked how my qualification stood up against the competition, her response was "Great, but I need to build a cohesive team.” No one would dream of saying those things in an interview to a person of color or a non-Christian, i.e., Muslim or Jewish, yet Quicken is very comfortable screening out applicants who are not in their twenties.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself and would you feel comfortable working with a very YOUNG team?   1 Answer

Dec 27, 2017 – Community Manager

Thank you for your candid review. We are interested in learning more about your personal experience, please email Tim Hill - Team Relations at TimHill@quickenloans.com if you would like to discuss... More

Accountant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Quicken Loans.

Interview

Got the phone Interview and had the ordinary interview question. The phone connection background was not very good so I didn't hear clearly sometimes. I answered over 6 questions but the phone interview ended quicker than I expected.

Interview Questions

Quicken Loans Response

Dec 8, 2017 – Community Manager

Thank you for your review!

Data Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Quicken Loans.

Interview

A 30 min phone talk about some basic information. There is no technical question. A week later, the recruiter told me on phone that they would move forward with other candidates.

Interview Questions

• What's is the most challenging project you have ever done?   Answer Question

Real Estate Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Quicken Loans (Detroit, MI) in December 2017.

Interview

It was a brief phone interview asking me about my experience and ability to manage differnt tasks. They were very flexible when it came to arranging the phone interview and corresponding through email.

Interview Questions

Quicken Loans Response

Jan 11, 2018 – Community Manager

Thank you for taking the time to write a review.

Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Quicken Loans (Detroit, MI) in December 2017.

Interview

15-minute phone conversation with a recruiter who asked behavioral questions and called within 3 days to follow-up. Asked questions about career interests, why I want to work there and other common questions to see if I was a fit. Also mentioned in the beginning of the phone interview that over 10,000 students applied this year, hours, asked about expected pay, etc.

Interview Questions

Quicken Loans Response

Jan 12, 2018 – Community Manager

Thank you for your review!