Quicken Loans Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.6

1. Featured Interview

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Quicken Loans (Detroit, MI).

Interview

The process wasn't too lengthy. I interviewed on the phone with a recruiter, then had two interviews with leaders that I would work with in the future. None of them were overly intense, and technical questions weren't asked; Quicken mostly wants to make sure you're an upstanding individual before they get into further details.

Interview Questions

• If you had to create a For Dummies book teaching someone how to perform in this role, what would be your first 5 lessons?   1 Answer

Mortgage Banker Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Quicken Loans.

Interview

Felt like I was never taken seriously as a candidate from the moment I walked in. Recruiter was curt and condescending, and when I answered his behavioral questions, he would continue to ask 'why?' until I had no answer and looked dumb. Shadowed a Mortgage Banker on the floor after our interview. Most of our interaction was taken up by him bragging about how much money he makes, and how he was taking his girlfriend to the islands. Was surprised by the bro culture that permeated the office. After I attempted to give him a compliment on his performance on the call I listened in on, he proceeded to grill me about my sales experience and why I said he did a good job. Was very cold, cutthroat, and impersonal, especially for a company that prides itself so much on its culture. Everybody drinks the cool aid at Quicken Loans. Recruiter called me a week later, left a message and told me to call him back. Excited, I called back only for him to verbally tell me my qualifications were not up to their standard. Was a 4 hour drive away from school, and an incredible waste of time. My confidence as a burgeoning professional also took a blow.

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you failed   1 Answer

Operations Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Quicken Loans.

Interview

Fairly straight forward. It was an introductory role so the focus was more on culture fit as opposed to skill set. I had applied for a handful of positions, interviewed well, and the recruiters were eager to find a good fit within the available roles.

Software QA Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Quicken Loans.

Interview

They were all over the place. The initial phone screen with HR rep was typical. But I felt ambushed when I had a 30 minute interview with eight (eight!) "technical" people. I was expecting a phone interview with one or two people followed by an on-sight interview. And they were very rude. It threw me off. why did they waste my time and eight other people's time if they had no interest in me from the beginning?? Weird. Questions were mostly basic coding questions, and definitions, but no QA automation questions.

Data Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Quicken Loans.

Interview

Just routine questions about resume and skills. Asked about experiences on the resume and asked about proficiency level of R, Python, SAS, SPSS, SQL. Asked about how much I know about the company.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Quicken Loans.

Interview

Typical recruiter call and interview. Was denied for a second interview and was not informed why. Not sure how the recruiting process goes but it could be improved by the company. Not impressed with how things were handled regarding the moving forward process.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions about yourself. questions were mainly based on resume.   Answer Question

Analytical Operations Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Quicken Loans.

Interview

Very organised. Recruiter Scheduled the meeting after two weeks, as I was not available during that period. Interview was relaxed, conversational with general questions about resume and experience. It was a preliminary interview. So questions were basic and non technical.

Data Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Quicken Loans.

Interview

A phone interview takes 20 minutes. They want to know how you know the position and the company. They asked about skills and project experiences and they especially pay attention to SQL.

Internship Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Quicken Loans.

Interview

They ask simple questions about your involvement in organizations, goals, etc. It is pretty basic and the interviewer is very friendly and walks you through it. Basically they just look at your resume and ask you about it.

Instructional Technology Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Quicken Loans.

Interview

Short phone interview about parts of resume which sounded like the recruiter was reading for the first time, got call back almost a week later to hear that I was rejected for not having C# experience when they were hiring C# interns (regardless of my experience in other languages). Job listing did not even mention any actual technologies, let alone C#.

Security Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Quicken Loans.

Interview

I had two phone interviews with the recruiter, then one phone interview with the team, and then one in-person interview with the team. I felt they were very fair and nice throughout the process. They are very interested in making sure you are the right fit for the company and their culture, which a good company like this will focus on.

Interview Questions

• Describe what a perfect day at work would be like for you.   Answer Question