Quicken Loans Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 22, 2017

2.6

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Quicken Loans (Detroit, MI) in April 2017.

Interview

I applied online and the recruiter contacted me within 2 weeks. I then had a 20 min conversation(Non-technical). A few days later, I got a call from the same recruiter that they need someone with C# or .NET skills and that I was rejected. I believe they have no jobs or they just need people with skills in C# or .NET technologies. I didn't mention anything about C# or .Net in my resume, regardless as an experiment to their recruiters they'll call you anyway. Overall a waste of time.

Technology Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Quicken Loans.

Interview

Recruiter called when I was on a vacation. I called back and scheduled an interview. The interview process was not bad. Just some basic behavior question. After one week they called back to let me know I didn't get the offer.

Internship Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Quicken Loans.

Interview

The process wasn't too hard. I interviewed on the phone with a recruiter who asked simple behavioral and situational questions. Technical questions were not asked. Basic resume walkthrough and just finding out who you are as a person. The process took a total of 10-20 minutes.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Interview

3 interviews, took a while to get back to me after interviews
    Professional
    Interviews lasted 20 min each
    Application process is long
    The selection process wasn't explained very well to me.

Data Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Quicken Loans.

Interview

The first phone screening round was for 15 mins which included the basic questions regarding my resume.The questions included like why did I apply for that position , My work experience , Challenges faced etc., I felt I did good but I later received a call saying they are moving forward with other Candidates.

Interview Questions

• What is the challenging situation in your work or academics   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Quicken Loans.

Interview

I applied for an internship at Bedrock Real Estate in Detroit and I got an email about two weeks later. I got a phone interview the next day asking general personal questions. Why Quicken Loans? Why this position? What class best helped you for this position?

Technology Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Quicken Loans.

Interview

All star questions in a phone interview, 1 "technical question"

Best strength
    worst mistake
    when did you encounter a bad coworker/how did you handle it etc
    when did you work in a team environment
    have you used x programming language(believe the recruiter read the language from my resume)

Interview Questions

• how did you handle a coworker who didnt handle his work   Answer Question

Technology Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Quicken Loans.

Interview

The job description did not require experience, and was basically for new entrants to get hands on experience in various disciplines. Unfortunately, the hiring manager/recruiter were themselves not sure what they wanted as they were not adhering to job description and qualifications required for that particular role. Internship is an opportunity for new entrants to get hands on experience before they plunge into full time roles. I'm saddened that this employer is only concerned about its rating on a prominent forum that rates internship interviews/experiences. Please reconsider joining here if you get an offer for an internship/full-time.

Technology Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Quicken Loans.

Interview

I receive a call for scheduling a interview after applying for the position.
    They asked me to schedule the interview next day itself

Interview Questions :

All questions were behavioral and situation specific one.

1) Walk Through of your resume.
    2) Talk about your work experience.
    3) Specifically asks for excel functions (Very Generic Ex: Pivot Tables).
    4) Explain the situation where you did wrong and how did you overcome it?
    5) What are your strengths?

Interview Questions

• Why did you leave your earlier job and opted for your Master Studies ?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Quicken Loans (Detroit, MI) in November 2016.

Interview

MY INTERVIEW PROCESS

There were 2 phone interviews. The first was with a recruiter and the second was with the team I applied for. The first interview was a personality/culture fit interview. The second interview was a technical interview.

______________________________

THE PROCESS

- Called to set up a "pre-screen" interview by a recruiter
    - 15-30 minute "pre-screen" interview with recruiter
    - Some people will receive a second interview with the recruiter
    /**** You may be given a background/reference check form around this stage in the process ****/
    - The last interview was a 30-minute technical interview with the team I applied for.
               - There will be a minimum of 2 people to about 5-10 people
               - One or two people will head the conversation
    - A decision will be made within the same day or the following days
               - If given a verbal offer,
                         ~ They will conduct a background, credit, reference, and previous employment check
                         ~ If everything checks out, you will be given an official offer

______________________________

TIPS

- Truly learn about the company
               - Don't simply relay information that everyone else will give
               - Know "why" and "how" you will fit into the company
               - Study the ISM's and pick a few that really mean something to you
                         ~ They dig into why you chose them if you bring them up
    - Tell "true" stories that relate to the position
               - They really dig into your stories and qualifications.
               - Prepare and study stories so you can make them fit any S.T.A.R question
               - You are showing them what you have done in the past and how you will fit into the company
    - Study up for the technical interview
               - If your position is technical, they will ask some basic questions
               - Prepare.
               - If you don't know the answer, tell them! (Shows your an honest person)
               - Refresh yourself on technical concepts that you may have forgotten
               - PRACTICE YOUR RESPONSES!
    - Be yourself and relax
               - Want to relive the nerves? (Prepare and practice!)
               - We all had that exam we knew we were going to pass. Why was that?
                         ~ We knew the answers prior because we studied and prepared.
    - Treat the interview like a professional conversation
               - Don't be stiff!
               - Show you will be fun to work with (Keep it professional)
    - DON'T HAVE NOTES!
               - Preparation is key! Study the information you don't know.
               - You will do better with a natural conversation so study up!
               - I suggest if you want to have notes, use only one notecard with important facts
    - The recruiter is there to help you!
               - If you have questions, ask.
    - Always follow up!
               - No matter the decision made, always follow up with everyone you speak with.

DONT WORRY, YOU GOT THIS!