Quicken Loans Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 29, 2017

2.6

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Quicken Loans (Dallas, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

The interview process was very congenial and friendly. Communicative and adaptive interview process. One of a kind of interview. The interviewers were particular and asked pointed questions. It was a short and crisp interview. The process was very quick and the response was also swift. Very courteous interviewers.

Technical Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Quicken Loans (Detroit, MI) in March 2017.

Interview

Two phone interviews. The initial interview went well. Basic questions about you. Second interview was more based on where you want to wirk. Took weeks and much prodding by interviewee to get a response on status.

Database Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Quicken Loans in March 2017.

Interview

A recruiter called me to schedule an first round interview. Phone interview was basically go over job description and asked me if I have relevant experience. Be prepared, they won't give you time to think. If you pause for a second or two in your conversation, they will move on and ask next question.

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Quicken Loans (Detroit, MI) in November 2016.

Interview

MY INTERVIEW PROCESS

There were 2 phone interviews. The first was with a recruiter and the second was with the team I applied for. The first interview was a personality/culture fit interview. The second interview was a technical interview.

______________________________

THE PROCESS

- Called to set up a "pre-screen" interview by a recruiter
    - 15-30 minute "pre-screen" interview with recruiter
    - Some people will receive a second interview with the recruiter
    /**** You may be given a background/reference check form around this stage in the process ****/
    - The last interview was a 30-minute technical interview with the team I applied for.
               - There will be a minimum of 2 people to about 5-10 people
               - One or two people will head the conversation
    - A decision will be made within the same day or the following days
               - If given a verbal offer,
                         ~ They will conduct a background, credit, reference, and previous employment check
                         ~ If everything checks out, you will be given an official offer

______________________________

TIPS

- Truly learn about the company
               - Don't simply relay information that everyone else will give
               - Know "why" and "how" you will fit into the company
               - Study the ISM's and pick a few that really mean something to you
                         ~ They dig into why you chose them if you bring them up
    - Tell "true" stories that relate to the position
               - They really dig into your stories and qualifications.
               - Prepare and study stories so you can make them fit any S.T.A.R question
               - You are showing them what you have done in the past and how you will fit into the company
    - Study up for the technical interview
               - If your position is technical, they will ask some basic questions
               - Prepare.
               - If you don't know the answer, tell them! (Shows your an honest person)
               - Refresh yourself on technical concepts that you may have forgotten
               - PRACTICE YOUR RESPONSES!
    - Be yourself and relax
               - Want to relive the nerves? (Prepare and practice!)
               - We all had that exam we knew we were going to pass. Why was that?
                         ~ We knew the answers prior because we studied and prepared.
    - Treat the interview like a professional conversation
               - Don't be stiff!
               - Show you will be fun to work with (Keep it professional)
    - DON'T HAVE NOTES!
               - Preparation is key! Study the information you don't know.
               - You will do better with a natural conversation so study up!
               - I suggest if you want to have notes, use only one notecard with important facts
    - The recruiter is there to help you!
               - If you have questions, ask.
    - Always follow up!
               - No matter the decision made, always follow up with everyone you speak with.

DONT WORRY, YOU GOT THIS!

Data Science Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Quicken Loans.

Interview

The interviewer was very nice. Basic behavioral questions such as why do you want to work for Quicken Loans? What qualifications do you have to work for Quicken Loans? Pretty basic stuff not too hard.

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Quicken Loans (Detroit, MI).

Interview

The process wasn't too lengthy. I interviewed on the phone with a recruiter, then had two interviews with leaders that I would work with in the future. None of them were overly intense, and technical questions weren't asked; Quicken mostly wants to make sure you're an upstanding individual before they get into further details.

Interview Questions

• If you had to create a For Dummies book teaching someone how to perform in this role, what would be your first 5 lessons?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Quicken Loans (Detroit, MI).

Interview

Pretty simple. Basic behavioral questions. The questions were pretty simple so as long as you have practiced then you'll be fine. They don't have any record of your process so expect to be asked the same interview questions over and over again.

Intern Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Quicken Loans.

Interview

Applied through College and got a phone call after a few days to set up a phone-screening interview with an HR recruiter. Basic behavioral questions with an emphasis on past internship experiences. The recruiter was super friendly. Called back after 7-10 days to set up a second phone interview with recruiting team. Still in process.

IT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Interview

Apply on school website and got call, which I missed, and an email for interview schedule. Got phone a little bit late for about 1 min. Asked why choose my current major and some behavioral questions. BTW, it is hard to hear questions sometimes since there are some noise from their side.

Data Analytics Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Quicken Loans.

Interview

The lady was very nice, asked a few behavioral question and some background questions. It lasted for 20 minutes, I don't know the outcome. But I think the whole atmosphere is not intense at all.