Quicken Loans Interview Questions in Michigan | Glassdoor

2.7

469 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Mortgage Banker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Quicken Loans (Detroit, MI) in June 2017.

Interview

I was referred by a team member. Received a call within a few days from a recruiter who was very nice. She was professional and thorough and explained the job description in detail. After submitting my resume and filling out the application online I received a call to set up a phone interview the same week.
    Phone interview is an hour with behavioral questions and going through my resume. Lots of "tell me a time when".... questions. Once I passed that as well as the CREDIT CHECK I was invited to an in person interview with the recruiter, the senior mortgage banker and another person (little intimidating but I didn't let them see me sweat).
    In person interview was hard. Be prepared. I found that my study of dan Gilbert and Quicken Loans and what they have done for the community helped a lot. KNOW THEIR CULTURE!! Be prepared to sell something. That lasted about 30 mins after which I shadowed a mortgage banker for another 30 mins. I was also given a homework assignment of 3 questions to email the senior officer.
    After doing so I was given a verbal offer contingent on the background check and references.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Quicken Loans (Detroit, MI).

Interview

It was super weird. Weekly for about 5-weeks, with a one week gap in there, I received a call from a recruiter about what my skills were, what languages I use, and how long I had been working. Not only were all these answers on my resume, but I didn't think they needed to hear the same answers four different times. One of the recruiters called me twice and asked the same questions. "Anti-corporate?"

Furthermore, the people who I talked to clearly knew nothing about the job. The coding test was mind-numbing. The first question was super easy, but the hacker rank was a pain to deal with, frankly. The second question was more complex, but still uninteresting and super one-dimensional. Having succeeded in interviews at some of the largest and most innovative software companies in the world, it was disappointing to find an interview so banal and one-dimensional. This interview was more like a college homework assignment.

Overall, I like what they are doing and the problems they are solving, but the interview process was a clear indicator that it wasn't for me.

Interview Questions

• Do you really want to work here?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

Interview

1. HR, 2. Phone interview with team leads, 3. Face to face with team leads.
    Team leads got attitude as if they are CEO's of the company. They need to keep in mind that they are JUST team leads and no one gives a damn about them. Applying to QL is absolute waste of time.

PR Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Quicken Loans (Detroit, MI) in June 2017.

Interview

Great interview. She asked questions relating to public relations, and my work in the field. No writing sample was asked, I assume it will be forthcoming in the face to face interview.

Database Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Quicken Loans (Detroit, MI) in June 2017.

Interview

I got a call from recruiter the very next day after i applied. The interview went very well. They asked few questions on why this company, which this role, skills and other basic questions.

Interview Questions

• Why this company? Tell us the obstacle you faced in your life and how dis you overcome it   Answer Question

Mortgage Banking Interview

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Quicken Loans (Detroit, MI) in May 2017.

Interview

I originally applied to the Quicken Loans internship in May. I received a call from a recruiter two days later and we had our 1st interview over the phone. For the first interview there are a lot of behavioral questions, as well as touching on resume', and they also ask you why you would want to work for Quicken. I received a call back 5 days later with the recruiter notifying me that I got moved on to the next round. The second interview they asked me to drive down to Detroit for an in-person interview. This interview was more focused on the position you applied for as well as the recruiter really trying to get to know you. Overall it was a good experience.

TIPS:
    -Know your resume'
    -Be prepared with answers for any question
    -Study the ISM's
    -Don't be a robot, and what I mean by that is don't be afraid to have a conversation with the recruiter. They hear the same responses every day, try to stand out a bit by conversing instead of just simply answering questions.
    -Have confidence in yourself! You can do this!

Interview Questions

• Why do you believe you would fit in with the culture here at Quicken Loans?   Answer Question

Windows Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Quicken Loans (Detroit, MI) in May 2017.

Interview

Started with a phone interview with the recruiter with basic behavior questions and experience. Set up phone interview with panel of Windows Systems Engineers and other roles (I think 5 people on the phone). Was very technical with almost no behavioral questions. Then set up an in person interview with a mix of seven Windows Systems Engineers and Team Leaders. It was technical the entire time with a couple situational questions. Didn't seem interested in culture fit as most other reviews imply. They drilled you with every technology you can think off, and almost aimed to make you look bad. Study up on all technologies from basic concepts to advanced is my recommendation. Also, know and have experience with cloud based technology (AWS, Azure).

Interview Questions

• Name your top 2 or 3 more proficient technologies.   Answer Question
    • What is an application pool and can you have more than one website per application pool?   Answer Question
    • Do you know what a web garden is?   Answer Question
    • What clean up tasks would you do after a P to V conversion?   Answer Question
    • How do you configure datastores for a VM?   Answer Question
    • What is the different between the different security groups in AD?   Answer Question
    • Are you familiar with pass the hash?   Answer Question
    • Name two ways you can execute a PowerShell script on a remote computer.   Answer Question
    • If you had to complete a task on multiple computers in a short amount of time, how would you do it?   Answer Question
    • How would you troubleshoot performance issues with an IIS hosted website?   Answer Question
    • What would you do if you get a SQL error connection when trying to load an application?   Answer Question
    • Name port numbers for different protocols (FTP, SSH, SMTP, HTTP, HTTPS, etc)   Answer Question

Mortgage Loan Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Quicken Loans (Detroit, MI) in May 2017.

Interview

Very friendly interview, very personable and proactive. Walk into the interview with a open mind and ready to discuss your strengths and weaknesses and explain why the position would be right for you. Can be a rather long interview 1-2hrs but well worth it when hired

Senior Vice President Technology Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Quicken Loans (Detroit, MI) in May 2017.

Interview

Very straightforward. The recruiters did a good job with the interviews. While I didn't get the job, I did appreciate the fact that the recruiter did call and tell me that I didn't get the job.

.NET Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Quicken Loans (Detroit, MI) in May 2017.

Interview

There were totally 4 rounds
    1. Phone Hr interview - (Basic behavior questions )
    2. Online exam ( Hacker Rank)
    3. Technical Telephonic Interview (moderate interview with 2 people on the phone)
    4. Onsite Personal interview (panel of 4 people)(can be more than 4 )

Interview panel and the HR recruiter are very friendly and are ready to answer all your questions. Typically tells the result in a week time.

Interview Questions

• Telephonic Interview (30 minutes)
      1. tell me about you and current project
      2.C#, .Net, Angular, Paython, HTML, CSS, SQL, MVC farmework, web service -- rating.
      3. How MVC farmework work?
      4. what are the design patterns are you used and why?-Singleton, Decorator, template
      5.Abstract and interface different.
      6. SOAP and RESTful web service?
      7. Why and When will use SOAP and RestFul service.
      8. Multiple inheritance in C#?
      10. deadlock effecient way