Quicken Loans Mortgage Banker Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Quicken Loans Mortgage Banker Interview Questions

Updated May 4, 2017

2.9

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Quicken Loans (Detroit, MI).

Interview

Dont put Spanish on your resume, the interviewer will get more bonus if they get Spanish speaking LOs and they will puah you towards thise teams. ? What is your best trait?

Interview Questions

• Na. Lots of queations but nothing too difficult, just be sure to prepare and go over questions with a friend andbyou should definitely be fine. Be smiling and not too nervous. Not bad   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Quicken Loans

Mortgage Banker Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Quicken Loans in April 2017.

Interview

Applied online and received a call the next day. Basic phone screen questions regarding resume, then they asked for approval to do a credit check and set up a time for a longer phone interview two days later. Second phone interview was mostly all behavioral/describe a time when. They prod at your answers quite a bit, so you need to stay on your toes. Afterwards, a third in office interview was scheduled. This was with the recruiter I had been talking to and a banking director. Around 30 minutes, and very redundant with the previous phone conversations. Then shadowed a banker for roughly 10 minutes. Wasn't in the building for more than an hour. Got a call the next day with a verbal offer, impending further background checks.

Interview Questions

• When have faced adversity and failed, and how did you preserve afterwards?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Quicken Loans (Detroit, MI) in April 2017.

Interview

Overall pleasant Experience , they contacted me very quickly after applying. There were three phases of interviews, two with a recruiter and one with a senior banker. They really worked hard to make sure that I was a match for the company and job.

Mortgage Banker Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Quicken Loans in April 2017.

Interview

Have had two calls so far, I cannot say that I have accepted an offer yet but I am looking forward to moving forward and having a second call today. I have had about two phone calls so far so I am excited.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Quicken Loans (Detroit, MI) in March 2017.

Interview

The interviewer was like following the steps, not really connecting with you, and even my interview was not over, the thank you letter had been sent to me. She was quiet unprofessional and not nice at all.

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Quicken Loans (Detroit, MI) in March 2017.

Interview

Very casual interviewing process. Recruiter called me and we talked for about an hour. The questions were easy, but there was faux sales call which may catch some people off guard.

Interview Questions

• If I was looking to buy (something your familiar with), how would you upsell me on the product?   Answer Question

Application

Interview

The interview process started with a talent acquisition team member calling me roughly two days after application. Many of the questions they ask you in the first interview are feeling out questions that allow the recruiter to get to know you and your motivation. They end the interview by asking permission to run a background/credit check to make sure you're employable. After that, there was another phone interview with the talent acquisition team member, which included many more basic questions, which were more focused on why you chose Quicken Loans specifically. I highly encourage having an understanding of what Dan Gilbert is doing for the city of Detroit and having a good understanding of the Quicken Loans ISMs, which make up the company's culture. After that interview, I was scheduled a face to face interview, which was located in a cafe type area within Quicken Loans' training facility. These were all very simple questions, but be prepared for them to really prod at you to get more out of your answers, even when you thought you completely answered their question. Really focus on why you chose sales and in particular Quicken Loans (and not any of the other companies within the family of companies).

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Quicken Loans (Detroit, MI) in February 2017.

Interview

A set of 4 interviews, 3 phone and the final in-person. Very efficient interview process. After submitting your resume and cover letter, a Quicken recruiter will call you within 48 hours to set up the initial interview. The interviews are simple, conversation-esque, and you can feel the energy from the recruiter, which is a clear indication of their love for the company. Very satisfactory process overall.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Quicken Loans?

Why the mortgage banker position?

Tell me about a time you had a dispute with a coworker and how you overcame that.
      Answer Question

Mortgage Banker Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Quicken Loans.

Interview

Started with a phone interview, immediately did a soft credit check. Once that was approved I was invited for an in person interview. Very open about company and work climate. Excellent experience.

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

Interview

Very quick interview process, whole timeline was about 3 weeks from start to finish. You have one interview on phone, then in person interview with 1 recruiter and finally in person interview with same recruiter and manager.