Quicken Loans Mortgage Banker Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 14, 2017

2.8

217 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Mortgage Banker Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Quicken Loans.

Interview

The interview process is very easy. They need bankers to bring in declining revenue So, just have a pulse, reasonable credit and be excited about starting a “career”.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Quicken Loans

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Quicken Loans (Detroit, MI) in August 2017.

Interview

I applied through an employee referral. One day later I got a call from a recruiter and scheduled my first phone interview. Then I had a second phone interview with a Talent Acquisition Team Member. Then they ran a credit check. I was scheduled my in-person interview a day later with the VP of Regional Banking. I met with my recruiter before the interview and she gave me a tour. After the interview, I shadowed a mortgage banker for about an hour. The next day I was given a verbal offer. They ran a background check and then gave me an offer letter. Great experience.

Interview Questions

• Why Sales?

Why Quicken Loans?

Are you competitive? Examples?

Upsell me something that you are familiar with?   Answer Question

Mortgage Banker Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Quicken Loans.

Interview

Applied online. Received a phone call the next day and had a brief interview. We discussed the job and Quicken Loans very broadly. Then, had a longer phone interview with the recruiter two days later. This interview was a little more in depth. There were the typical interview questions. Nothing too out of the ordinary. This is a sales position. Be prepared for that. After that I was assigned some homework that was online. There were personality based questions and a bit of a virtual experience to show what the job was like. After that was completed, I was invited for an in person interview.

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Quicken Loans (Detroit, MI) in June 2017.

Interview

I was referred by a team member. Received a call within a few days from a recruiter who was very nice. She was professional and thorough and explained the job description in detail. After submitting my resume and filling out the application online I received a call to set up a phone interview the same week.
    Phone interview is an hour with behavioral questions and going through my resume. Lots of "tell me a time when".... questions. Once I passed that as well as the CREDIT CHECK I was invited to an in person interview with the recruiter, the senior mortgage banker and another person (little intimidating but I didn't let them see me sweat).
    In person interview was hard. Be prepared. I found that my study of dan Gilbert and Quicken Loans and what they have done for the community helped a lot. KNOW THEIR CULTURE!! Be prepared to sell something. That lasted about 30 mins after which I shadowed a mortgage banker for another 30 mins. I was also given a homework assignment of 3 questions to email the senior officer.
    After doing so I was given a verbal offer contingent on the background check and references.

Application

Interview

Very quick interview process. I had three phone calls over the course of a week and then was asked to come in for an in person interview. The recruiter was very nice throughout the entire process. Make sure you have plenty of questions to ask them.

Mortgage Banker Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Quicken Loans.

Interview

Felt like I was never taken seriously as a candidate from the moment I walked in. Recruiter was curt and condescending, and when I answered his behavioral questions, he would continue to ask 'why?' until I had no answer and looked dumb. Shadowed a Mortgage Banker on the floor after our interview. Most of our interaction was taken up by him bragging about how much money he makes, and how he was taking his girlfriend to the islands. Was surprised by the bro culture that permeated the office. After I attempted to give him a compliment on his performance on the call I listened in on, he proceeded to grill me about my sales experience and why I said he did a good job. Was very cold, cutthroat, and impersonal, especially for a company that prides itself so much on its culture. Everybody drinks the cool aid at Quicken Loans. Recruiter called me a week later, left a message and told me to call him back. Excited, I called back only for him to verbally tell me my qualifications were not up to their standard. Was a 4 hour drive away from school, and an incredible waste of time. My confidence as a burgeoning professional also took a blow.

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you failed   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Quicken Loans (Detroit, MI).

Interview

Dont put Spanish on your resume, the interviewer will get more bonus if they get Spanish speaking LOs and they will puah you towards thise teams. ? What is your best trait?

Interview Questions

• Na. Lots of queations but nothing too difficult, just be sure to prepare and go over questions with a friend andbyou should definitely be fine. Be smiling and not too nervous. Not bad   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Quicken Loans (Detroit, MI) in April 2017.

Interview

Overall pleasant Experience , they contacted me very quickly after applying. There were three phases of interviews, two with a recruiter and one with a senior banker. They really worked hard to make sure that I was a match for the company and job.

Mortgage Banker Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Quicken Loans in April 2017.

Interview

Applied online and received a call the next day. Basic phone screen questions regarding resume, then they asked for approval to do a credit check and set up a time for a longer phone interview two days later. Second phone interview was mostly all behavioral/describe a time when. They prod at your answers quite a bit, so you need to stay on your toes. Afterwards, a third in office interview was scheduled. This was with the recruiter I had been talking to and a banking director. Around 30 minutes, and very redundant with the previous phone conversations. Then shadowed a banker for roughly 10 minutes. Wasn't in the building for more than an hour. Got a call the next day with a verbal offer, impending further background checks.

Interview Questions

• When have faced adversity and failed, and how did you preserve afterwards?   Answer Question

Mortgage Banker Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Quicken Loans in April 2017.

Interview

Have had two calls so far, I cannot say that I have accepted an offer yet but I am looking forward to moving forward and having a second call today. I have had about two phone calls so far so I am excited.