Quicken Loans Mortgage Banker Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Quicken Loans Mortgage Banker Interview Questions

Updated Mar 22, 2017

2.9

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Quicken Loans (Detroit, MI) in March 2017.

Interview

The interviewer was like following the steps, not really connecting with you, and even my interview was not over, the thank you letter had been sent to me. She was quiet unprofessional and not nice at all.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Quicken Loans

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Quicken Loans (Detroit, MI) in March 2017.

Interview

Very casual interviewing process. Recruiter called me and we talked for about an hour. The questions were easy, but there was faux sales call which may catch some people off guard.

Interview Questions

• If I was looking to buy (something your familiar with), how would you upsell me on the product?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Quicken Loans (Detroit, MI) in February 2017.

Interview

A set of 4 interviews, 3 phone and the final in-person. Very efficient interview process. After submitting your resume and cover letter, a Quicken recruiter will call you within 48 hours to set up the initial interview. The interviews are simple, conversation-esque, and you can feel the energy from the recruiter, which is a clear indication of their love for the company. Very satisfactory process overall.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Quicken Loans?

Why the mortgage banker position?

Tell me about a time you had a dispute with a coworker and how you overcame that.
      Answer Question

Mortgage Banker Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Quicken Loans.

Interview

Started with a phone interview, immediately did a soft credit check. Once that was approved I was invited for an in person interview. Very open about company and work climate. Excellent experience.

Application

Interview

Very quick interview process, whole timeline was about 3 weeks from start to finish. You have one interview on phone, then in person interview with 1 recruiter and finally in person interview with same recruiter and manager.

Mortgage Banker Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Quicken Loans.

Interview

Easy, simple questions for 30 min. Process took quite a while because it was during the holiday season, but generally they are quick to get back. I had two screens, both phone, and interviewers were pleasant. Ultimately was not offered because I was deciding between two internships and they wanted someone who had a clear idea as to what he wanted to do.

Interview Questions

• Why Quicken Loans? How does this internship match with your career goals?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Quicken Loans (Detroit, MI) in January 2017.

Interview

Two phone interviews with a recruiter in which the first was thirty minutes and the second was an hour. Both phone interviews had many questions that were behavioral based. Next I had an in person interview with recruiter and a director.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Quicken Loans (Detroit, MI) in January 2017.

Interview

After meeting at a job fair, we had several phone interviews that lasted nearly an hour apiece. The recruiter was helpful, informative, honest, and clear.

After I expressed concerns regarding the necessary time, he was kind enough to set me up with an employee who has a similar life situation as I do- who could speak to the challenges and opportunities. It really helped paint a clear picture for me.

Interview Questions

• How competitive would you say you are?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Quicken Loans (Detroit, MI) in December 2016.

Interview

Standard phone interview with basic questions about yourself and why you choose this Job. The in person interview really nails hard on your resume and asks you why every job is on there and what you did at each job. They also ask you about college majors or why you choose not to go to college. You usually have two people in the in person interview but I only had one.

Interview Questions

• Why are you a good fit for quicken loans?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Quicken Loans (Scottsdale, AZ) in December 2016.

Interview

Very smooth interviewing process! Started with an initial phone interview followed by a video interview with the team leaders you will potentially be working with. Make sure you be yourself because QL is very focused on hiring the right people to maintain their strong company culture.

Interview Questions

• Why QL?
      What are challenges you have faced?
      How familiar are you with Excel?
      Answer Question