Quidel Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 6, 2017

2.6

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Quidel (Washington, DC) in June 2017.

Interview

I found the process engaging. There was a fair exchange of information which set the tone for equality in the interview process. I appreciated this aspect of the interview process.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your background. Walk me up through your resume, and talk with me about your accomplisments at each stop, and when you made a move, why you made a move.   1 Answer

Entry-Level Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Quidel in May 2017.

Interview

Recruiting Manager contacted me because I gave him my resume at a career fair.
    We scheduled a phone interview for the next week.
    The interview was simple and the interviewer was very nice. He didn't ask very difficult questions, mostly about my work and project experience.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 2 years?   Answer Question
    • What did you learn from a previous project experience and what skills did you develop?   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Quidel (San Diego, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

Had a phone interview, was invited to interview in person at the office in San Diego. Met with five people in the department, all very friendly. Was told I'd be notified of their decision by the end of the week, was not contacted so I assume they went with someone else.

Interview Questions

• Pretty specific to the position and what they wanted this year, no difficult questions.   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Quidel.

Interview

Phone Interview with HR, Hiring Manager and On-Site Interview.
    Was interviewed by 4 people with each of different backgrounds. Fairly straightforward. Had a tour of the facility. Questions were asked regarding my resume.

Interview Questions

• How does your work experience relates to the position that you've applied for.   1 Answer

Molecular Biology Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Quidel (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

Behavioral questions. 4 rounds with different individuals in the team. Generally about your background, your interest in this field and your long term goals. They took one month to get back to me for the second round. After the final round, and after following up for 5 weeks with different members of the team regarding my candidacy, never got a response. Finally got a reject almost two months later. You should make an effort to inform candidates about their status so they aren't left in the dark. It is highly unprofessional. Please have the courtesy to respond to emails (both HR and marketing team members)

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Athens, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Quidel (Athens, OH) in July 2016.

Interview

The interview process we was easy, I chatted with the HR associate and a few of the team members. None of the questions were difficult. The hiring process was far more in-depth than it needed to be and they rush you into signing the offer letter. It turned me off from the company and I declined the offer.

Interview Questions

• Most the questions were very basic: would you rather work in a team or on your own?   Answer Question

Senior Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Quidel (San Diego, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

Started with phone screening with HR, followed by Skype interview with HR. Then had Skype interview with role's peer, followed by in-person interviews with hiring manager and hiring manager's boss. Came back a couple weeks later to have in-person interviews again with hiring manager and hiring manager's boss.

Interview Questions

• Interviews boiled down to discovering how much marketing experience the people without marketing backgrounds had and how much industry experience the seasoned marketers had.   Answer Question

International Logistics Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Quidel (San Diego, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

HR recruiter was first call very standard questions. 2nd call was with Manager a few days later.
    Received email from HR recruiter 2 days that they went with another candidate.

Interview Questions

• What would be the first step in shipping something you were unfamiliar with?
      Tell me something that is not on your resume.   1 Answer

Associate Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Quidel (San Diego, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

This was a fairly straight forward on-site interview with the product manager and HR person. The interview felt like more like a conversation. There were no standard interview questions used. It was not until later that the HR coordinator mentioned that they were considering an internal candidate. At that point, the interview seemed like more of a formality on their end.

Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Athens, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Quidel (Athens, OH) in March 2015.

Interview

2 phone interviews first of which was about 30 minutes. asked pretty standard interview questions. What are your strengths what are your weaknesses. I was not offered the position one area where I feel that they really stress is the questions at the end of the interview. Overall pretty easy interview