Quidel Interview Questions in San Diego, CA | Glassdoor

2.5

6 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Quidel (San Diego, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

Had a phone interview, was invited to interview in person at the office in San Diego. Met with five people in the department, all very friendly. Was told I'd be notified of their decision by the end of the week, was not contacted so I assume they went with someone else.

Interview Questions

• Pretty specific to the position and what they wanted this year, no difficult questions.   Answer Question

Senior Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Quidel (San Diego, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

Started with phone screening with HR, followed by Skype interview with HR. Then had Skype interview with role's peer, followed by in-person interviews with hiring manager and hiring manager's boss. Came back a couple weeks later to have in-person interviews again with hiring manager and hiring manager's boss.

Interview Questions

• Interviews boiled down to discovering how much marketing experience the people without marketing backgrounds had and how much industry experience the seasoned marketers had.   Answer Question

International Logistics Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Quidel (San Diego, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

HR recruiter was first call very standard questions. 2nd call was with Manager a few days later.
    Received email from HR recruiter 2 days that they went with another candidate.

Interview Questions

• What would be the first step in shipping something you were unfamiliar with?
      Tell me something that is not on your resume.   1 Answer

Associate Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Quidel (San Diego, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

This was a fairly straight forward on-site interview with the product manager and HR person. The interview felt like more like a conversation. There were no standard interview questions used. It was not until later that the HR coordinator mentioned that they were considering an internal candidate. At that point, the interview seemed like more of a formality on their end.

Senior Document Control Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Quidel (San Diego, CA).

Interview

Went through a phone interview with HR first. Then another phone interview with a member of the hiring team. After that there was an in-person interview on site with the following people one at a time: three members of the hiring team, the hiring manager, the hiring director, an internal customer, and HR.

Interview Questions

• Can you work well with highly technical R&D scientists who might not have the strongest communication and people skills?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Changes were made to the verbally agreed upon offer: once over the phone to lower the salary, and once again when the papers came for signing to change the exempt/non-exempt status. The hiring manager promised to make good on the original offer after 6 months, but that didn't happen.

Process Group Chemist Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Quidel (San Diego, CA) in July 2012.

Interview

Interviewed by a panel of three staff, a Lead, a Supervisor, and a Manager. They went came up with their own questions comparing my resume to their job criteria. I don't remember those several questions.

Interview Questions

• The manager asked me if I am sensitive to any hazardous chemicals.   1 Answer