QuikTrip Assistant Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

QuikTrip Assistant Manager Interview Questions

Interviews at QuikTrip

2.2

Anonymous Employee in Tulsa, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at QuikTrip (Tulsa, OK) in October 2013.

Interview

You will take a math test. Easy if you are applying for assistant; even easier if applying for clerk. Then you will have a 1-on-1 interview. During this interview, they are mainly trying to learn who and what type of person you are. Past work experiences are irrelevant b/c QT believes that they can mold you into the worker they desire as long as you're passionate about your job.

Interview Questions

• There's honestly no questions 'out of the norm' of any other job interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The only negotiation that you have is which schedule you prefer (among 2 preset schedules).

Other Interview Reviews for QuikTrip

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at QuikTrip (Phoenix, AZ) in November 2010.

Interview

I applied online and the corporate office called me to come in and take a math test. After doing that as well as watching a video, they said they would call if they wanted to take it further. Two weeks later, I was called in for a face-to-face interview.

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at QuikTrip in June 2009.

Interview

Applied online and recieved a call for an interview the following week. Arrived at one of the employement offices for a 1:1 interview. Before the 1:1 there is a math skill test. There is an very informative short video to watch before 1:1. After interview was told I would get a call either way. Still waiting on the call, time has not expired yet. Just be honest and pay attention to the video to see if the company fits your needs.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any questions for me?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Marietta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at QuikTrip (Marietta, GA) in April 2012.

Interview

The test was fairly easy. It consisted of about 9 Math problems. And then you have all this information to fill out. You watch a short video, and then wait to be interviewed. The interview itself was very easy. I answered the questions straightforward and didn't hold anything back. I talked my mouth dry. They told me I would start out as a clerk since I am still in school, and if I could balance it to talk to my store manager.

It took exactly one week (Thurs-Thurs) for them to call back. And they offered me a job!

The reason I took the clerk as opposed to looking elsewhere for higher pay, is because if I bust my butt then they will promote me quick. I got the job through a friend and he was promoted from Asst. Manager to 1A in just a couple months. I know if I work hard then I will be an Asst. Manager in no time!

Trust me, Quiktrip promotes the ones working hard!

Interview Questions

• What do you dislike about your current job?   1 Answer
    • Why should I hire you?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at QuikTrip (Charlotte, NC) in September 2012.

Interview

You have to pass the math test on the computer to even be considered for an interview. After that you go in a sit at a massive table for an interview with 1-2 hiring managers. They are friendly and ask basic interview questions. You will receive a call back within 0-2 weeks depending on the season if they like you.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with stress? Why would we hire you? Something you've completed with little to no direction?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at QuikTrip (Atlanta, GA) in June 2011.

Interview

Very thorough, Actual future Peers hire new employees. Math test is given. They hire "smiles", so they are looking for outgoing people pleasers. When asked, if you are willing to travel...say YES!

Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at QuikTrip (Tucson, AZ).

Interview

Jared made me feel comfortable as soon as i walked in the door. The questions were just to get a feel for my personality. They are definitely looking for confidence and perkiness/happy personalities.

Anonymous Employee in Euless, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at QuikTrip (Euless, TX) in April 2012.

Interview

Quick math test and easy interview. Very approachable staff. You get a free drink coupon when the interview is over. You feel special but when you start speaking you realize we hand those out like candy. Lots of people say hiring process is hard but I put in my application on the 2nd, got called on the 3rd for an interview and was working by the 12th

Interview Questions

• Challenges in previous management position   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Lawrenceville, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at QuikTrip (Lawrenceville, GA) in April 2012.

Interview

You'll be called in to interview and take a math test. It's so easy to cheat but the math is simple enough. If they like you they'll send you to get a drug test.

Interview Questions

• During the interview it was almost like the interviewer was trying to get me to bad mouth my last employer.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at QuikTrip (Tempe, AZ) in April 2016.

Interview

I applied online, got a call about a week later, and was scheduled for a math test. It was about 20-30 questions-- basic math, but on a larger scale. It will look intimidating at first, but if you have experience counting cash, or worked in a cash office, you should be okay. Just brush up on your basic math skills (4-digit adding, subtracting, multiplication, word problems, decimals, etc.).
    I passed the test in about 20 minutes, and they scheduled me for an interview.

The interviewer was energetic, fun, and helped ease my nervousness. He asked simple questions about my experience and certain supervisory situations, and how I handled them. Just think back on your prior accomplishments and answer them as best as you can. Be positive and smart, and let it be known that you can handle the hard work, while making customer service a priority, that's very very important to QT. Fast and friendly customer service! They like hiring the best, so be sure to express that in your demeanor and presentation.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They give you documents with the salary, but I didn't negotiate because it was a number I was comfortable with.