QuikTrip Assistant Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

QuikTrip Assistant Manager Interview Questions

2.1

16 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Lawrenceville, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at QuikTrip (Lawrenceville, GA).

Interview

Straight forward. They call you in for the math test screening. And if you pass they will either schedule you for an interview or tell you they will call you. The ones who failed the math test will be told they will called. I was given a date for an interview, and hired in the interview. They are forward with the job responsibilities and difficulty.

Interview Questions

• What is the least appealing task you'll be required to do for this position?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for QuikTrip

Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at QuikTrip (Tempe, AZ) in April 2016.

Interview

I applied online, got a call about a week later, and was scheduled for a math test. It was about 20-30 questions-- basic math, but on a larger scale. It will look intimidating at first, but if you have experience counting cash, or worked in a cash office, you should be okay. Just brush up on your basic math skills (4-digit adding, subtracting, multiplication, word problems, decimals, etc.).
    I passed the test in about 20 minutes, and they scheduled me for an interview.

The interviewer was energetic, fun, and helped ease my nervousness. He asked simple questions about my experience and certain supervisory situations, and how I handled them. Just think back on your prior accomplishments and answer them as best as you can. Be positive and smart, and let it be known that you can handle the hard work, while making customer service a priority, that's very very important to QT. Fast and friendly customer service! They like hiring the best, so be sure to express that in your demeanor and presentation.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They give you documents with the salary, but I didn't negotiate because it was a number I was comfortable with.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Euless, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at QuikTrip (Euless, TX) in March 2016.

Interview

The questions for advancement towards Each next assistant manager position are the same. You can prep for the questions and give them spoonfed answers. It is a very relaxed interview process. Business casual is not necessary, you can wear shorts and polo. Speak openly about family and desires for advancement. The process usually has 2-3 interviewers in there and they alternate asking questions. Make eye contact!

Interview Questions

• How would you go about disciplining a friend.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Euless, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at QuikTrip (Euless, TX) in February 2016.

Interview

Really easy only about 4 -5 questions. Standard question. It was like having a conversation. It was a one on one person interview. I felt as if they didnt ask enough like the interviewer didn't really get to know me. He was just interested on my work experience and how far i lived from any quicktrip.

Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at QuikTrip (Tucson, AZ).

Interview

Jared made me feel comfortable as soon as i walked in the door. The questions were just to get a feel for my personality. They are definitely looking for confidence and perkiness/happy personalities.

Anonymous Employee in Lawrenceville, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at QuikTrip (Lawrenceville, GA) in April 2014.

Interview

asked basic questions, asked about attendance, asked about prior food, retail and service experience, asked about criminal history, asked if applican't was seeking a career, asked what applicant wanted or needed to stay in company, discussed compensation, asked about schedule and availability. Looked for outgoing and energetic people with a strong work ethic. Military and food service background is a Huge plus too. Must be able to pass a urine drug test on the spot, tatoos, odd hair styles and facial hair will disqualify you. Any felonies will too even if they say it won't. If your a homosexual you also get an edge. College degrees don't matter here and you have an advanced one or several you will likely be rejected

Interview Questions

• how do you deal with stress?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Tulsa, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at QuikTrip (Tulsa, OK) in October 2013.

Interview

You will take a math test. Easy if you are applying for assistant; even easier if applying for clerk. Then you will have a 1-on-1 interview. During this interview, they are mainly trying to learn who and what type of person you are. Past work experiences are irrelevant b/c QT believes that they can mold you into the worker they desire as long as you're passionate about your job.

Interview Questions

• There's honestly no questions 'out of the norm' of any other job interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The only negotiation that you have is which schedule you prefer (among 2 preset schedules).

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at QuikTrip (Charlotte, NC) in September 2012.

Interview

You have to pass the math test on the computer to even be considered for an interview. After that you go in a sit at a massive table for an interview with 1-2 hiring managers. They are friendly and ask basic interview questions. You will receive a call back within 0-2 weeks depending on the season if they like you.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with stress? Why would we hire you? Something you've completed with little to no direction?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Marietta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at QuikTrip (Marietta, GA) in April 2012.

Interview

The test was fairly easy. It consisted of about 9 Math problems. And then you have all this information to fill out. You watch a short video, and then wait to be interviewed. The interview itself was very easy. I answered the questions straightforward and didn't hold anything back. I talked my mouth dry. They told me I would start out as a clerk since I am still in school, and if I could balance it to talk to my store manager.

It took exactly one week (Thurs-Thurs) for them to call back. And they offered me a job!

The reason I took the clerk as opposed to looking elsewhere for higher pay, is because if I bust my butt then they will promote me quick. I got the job through a friend and he was promoted from Asst. Manager to 1A in just a couple months. I know if I work hard then I will be an Asst. Manager in no time!

Trust me, Quiktrip promotes the ones working hard!

Interview Questions

• What do you dislike about your current job?   1 Answer
    • Why should I hire you?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Lawrenceville, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at QuikTrip (Lawrenceville, GA) in April 2012.

Interview

You'll be called in to interview and take a math test. It's so easy to cheat but the math is simple enough. If they like you they'll send you to get a drug test.

Interview Questions

• During the interview it was almost like the interviewer was trying to get me to bad mouth my last employer.   1 Answer