QuikTrip Clerk Interview Questions | Glassdoor

QuikTrip Clerk Interview Questions

Updated May 4, 2017

2.3

Clerk Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at QuikTrip.

Interview

- You are brought in first to do a math test, to simply see if you can handle processing change mathematically without screwing up and maintain accurate cash levels.

- The next part is a one on one interview with a training manager which asks generic retail questions.

- Your guarantee of keeping your job doesn't stop just yet. If you get offered the job, you have to go to orientation and go through training (which your trainer determines if you're a fit for QT depending on your performance).

Interview Questions

• - Why QuikTrip?
    - What is customer service?
    - How do you handle an angry customers?
    - How many hours are looking to work and how far?
    Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for QuikTrip

Anonymous Employee in Lawrenceville, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at QuikTrip (Lawrenceville, GA) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied online on the company website. I submitted the application, then the next day, I received a call from the corporate office to schedule a pre-screening appointment. For any Georgia residents, they give you the option of choosing the Marietta or Lawrenceville location (whichever is closest to you) to take your pre-screen test. I went to the Marietta location for the test. I arrived 30 minutes early, signed in, then the receptionist gave me a sheet with information and I went to take my test. You watch a roughly 10 minute introduction video going over the benefits of working for the company and what's involved. You get the opportunity to edit your application one last time before you submit it for good. Then there is the math test. It's fairly simple, just counting change in the smallest amount possible, but there are some tricky questions so make sure you take your time and go over your answers before you submit. There is no time limit, but calculators/phones are not required nor allowed. If you aren't good at math or just don't know how to count change then you more than likely will have a difficult time. Long story short, if you pass, you get the interview. (A side note: you should always show up wearing decent clothing because you could very well interview the same day. I figured this would be common sense, but most of the people I saw waiting for interviews were wearing jeans and t-shirts.) Since I took my test in Marietta, they sent me to Lawrenceville for an actual interview the next day. I once again arrived 30 minutes early, signed in, filled out some papers for a background check and other personal information, waited for a while, then had my interview. The interview took about 15 minutes or so. My interviewer was attentive, asked plenty of questions, and answered any questions I had. Afterward, I received a coupon for a free QT drink and they sent me on my way. Three days later, I got a call from the corporate office to inform me that I got the job. If you get the job, they'll schedule you for orientation, and they'll work with whatever time and location works best for you. That's basically it. The process took about 2 1/2 weeks.

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at QuikTrip (Charlotte, NC) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied for QuikTrip online and got a call two days later to schedule an interview for the following week at the Corporate Office. When you get there they'll give you some paperwork and instructions and point you to a computer room where you can go over your application and make any changes if necessary then you'll take a math test that's only a few questions long just basic math and how much change to give back in as little amount as possible. I'm guessing if you don't pass they'll just send you home. My interview was literally 5 minutes long nothing too serious just basic questions but be prepared after the interview you'll get a coupon for a free drink and they'll call you within 2 weeks!

Interview Questions

• What would you do if another employee wasn't doing their job? (something like that at least)   1 Answer
    • What do you expect from us (QT)?   1 Answer
    • Hours/Availability?   1 Answer
    • What do you think would be the most difficult part about working at QuikTrip?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Less than a week later I got the call offering me a job! PT Clerk makes starts at $10/hr (NC) Orientation was 5 hours long! Bring some form of ID, wear khakis I started training the next day. Tomorrow's my second day of training the hardest thing honestly is not being told how much change to give back to a customer but if you use the "counting up" method to subtract then practice makes perfect, coming from mcdonalds the difficulty level has increased but it's nothing I can't handle in due time benefits are amazing and I'm definitely excited to be working for QT!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lawrenceville, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at QuikTrip (Lawrenceville, GA) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied online, was called two days later to take the math test. I passed the math test and was scheduled for a interview a week later at 11am. I arrived to my interview 15 minutes early, but didnt see the recuriter till an hour and 10 minutes later. When they interview started he was using his phone . Then he asked me to tell him about myself. The interview lasted about 5-10 minutes. He then gave me a coupon and said someone would contact me within 14 days. I am still waiting.

Anonymous Employee in Lawrenceville North Post Office, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at QuikTrip (Lawrenceville North Post Office, GA).

Interview

You watch video about the company about a 15 min video also take a math test because you will be working on a register but it wasnt hard. and talk to a interviewer 1on1. They will ask you alot of questions. and write what they think of you on paper.

Interview Questions

• How would you be a great fit to the company?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Mission, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at QuikTrip (Mission, KS) in June 2016.

Interview

Super easy, probably 10-15 minutes max. They ask you about you and your qualities and why'd you would be a good fit for the Q T family. You do take a math test before you do the interview. It helps weed out people. Clerks get $10/hr with mandatory 34hrs training.

Anonymous Employee in Wichita, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at QuikTrip (Wichita, KS) in March 2016.

Interview

After submitting application with an aptitude test you get a call to take a math assessment without a calculator. The assessment is pretty simple math, if you pass they schedule your interview. After the interview you will either get a call for a job offer or a letter in the mail stating you were not selected.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have that would be valuable for Quiktrip?   Answer Question

Clerk Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at QuikTrip.

Interview

I was called for an interview about a week or two after I applied. It was very ordinary, I went to their main office in my city and was brought into an office and asked a few questions. I didn't think I did very well in my interview but I ended up getting the job anyways.

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at QuikTrip (Atlanta, GA) in April 2015.

Interview

I filled out the application on Saturday, was contacted on Monday for an interview in Lawrencevile for the next day, was offered the job at the interview, went to orientation the following monday

Interview Questions

• i don't recall being asked anything other the the general interview questions   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at QuikTrip (Atlanta, GA) in December 2014.

Interview

I applied one morning & got a call back that same day, I was asked to come in for some testing the following week. I went in to the Headquaters and took the Math Test & passed. The Math test was fairly easy (you are not allowed to use a Calculator). I was then offered an interview for another day.

Interview Questions

• Why do you wanna work at quiktrip?
      Basic interview questions. Nothing out of the Ordinary.
      Answer Question