QuikTrip Clerk Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 24, 2017

2.3

39 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at QuikTrip (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

There was an initial call following a scheduled interview in old peachtree. The first interview was a math test for simple cash handling with the largest bills possible to be as efficient as possible. After, there was a follow up interview with basic questions and later in the week I got a call regarding an offer.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for quiktrip?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for QuikTrip

Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at QuikTrip (Tempe, AZ) in September 2017.

Interview

I applied on a Monday and got a call back the next Monday. They scheduled me for an interview for that Thursday. I checked in, they copied my DL and SS card and well as had me sign off for a background check. And then I waited to take the math test. The test is fairly easy, counting back change correctly and giving the least amount of bills/coins. After that they had me wait to be called back. The interview was fairly standard and to the point. I wasn’t able to tell if I made an impression on the interviewer, his poker face was amazing. I was given two papers, one thanking me for my interview, saying that I would hear back within two weeks, by phone if I was offered a job or by letter if I was not. It also had a coupon for a free drink and said to ask the employees I meet at QT about their job. The other listed two schedules for training and orientation, and AM and a PM. I receieved a phone call the following Wednesday and was offered a job and told that orientation would be on a Monday about two weeks later.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marietta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at QuikTrip (Marietta, GA).

Interview

I applied online first day of the week. The following day I was called in for an interview for Friday. QT called me to reschedule for the following Monday. I showed up at the Employment Center where I took a quick math test on the computer. Once i finished the test, I was given a date to return for an interview. I came in on the date of the interview and the interview was no more than 20 mins long. I was handed a paper basically telling me that they would call if interested and would send a letter stating otherwise.

Interview Questions

• What makes you different from other applicants?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at QuikTrip (Atlanta, GA) in July 2017.

Interview

I applied online and was called back a few days later. They scheduled me for the phase 1 of the interview process. I was lead into a room with 6 computers and was told to complete some math problems (subtracting). We got plenty of printer paper and pens, but logged our answers on the computer. I say we because people come in and out often to do this part of the process. First I watched a video about QT, completed the simple math to prove I can be a clerk then confirmed all of my personal information. It took about 45 mins to complete this part of the interview process. The receptionist said she would call me back for phase 2 if I'm needed. This was this morning so I have not heard back (yet!).

Clerk Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at QuikTrip.

Interview

They asked me questions about my personality then gave a math test. The questions were more directed about what your personality type was. The math test could be difficult if its not your strong suit. They expect you to be able to count back change without a computer

Clerk Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at QuikTrip.

Interview

- You are brought in first to do a math test, to simply see if you can handle processing change mathematically without screwing up and maintain accurate cash levels.

- The next part is a one on one interview with a training manager which asks generic retail questions.

- Your guarantee of keeping your job doesn't stop just yet. If you get offered the job, you have to go to orientation and go through training (which your trainer determines if you're a fit for QT depending on your performance).

Interview Questions

• - Why QuikTrip?
      - What is customer service?
      - How do you handle an angry customers?
      - How many hours are looking to work and how far?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at QuikTrip (Atlanta, GA) in May 2017.

Interview

Relatively simple. You apply online, get called in soon after. For me it was within 2-3 days. Go to the closest QT headquarters and the process begins there. You will do a math portion, which if you take your time and use scratch paper, anyone can pass. Afterwards you will sit in the lobby and if they like you and/or did well, you will have a face to face interview with some sort of manager. If you did well in the interview, you will be called back for orientation which you mostly got the job as long as you pass orientation. No drug test but don't get injured on the job because you will be given one. Or just don't do drugs. That works, too.

Interview Questions

• Why should you work for QT?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Lawrenceville, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at QuikTrip (Lawrenceville, GA) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied online on the company website. I submitted the application, then the next day, I received a call from the corporate office to schedule a pre-screening appointment. For any Georgia residents, they give you the option of choosing the Marietta or Lawrenceville location (whichever is closest to you) to take your pre-screen test. I went to the Marietta location for the test. I arrived 30 minutes early, signed in, then the receptionist gave me a sheet with information and I went to take my test. You watch a roughly 10 minute introduction video going over the benefits of working for the company and what's involved. You get the opportunity to edit your application one last time before you submit it for good. Then there is the math test. It's fairly simple, just counting change in the smallest amount possible, but there are some tricky questions so make sure you take your time and go over your answers before you submit. There is no time limit, but calculators/phones are not required nor allowed. If you aren't good at math or just don't know how to count change then you more than likely will have a difficult time. Long story short, if you pass, you get the interview. (A side note: you should always show up wearing decent clothing because you could very well interview the same day. I figured this would be common sense, but most of the people I saw waiting for interviews were wearing jeans and t-shirts.) Since I took my test in Marietta, they sent me to Lawrenceville for an actual interview the next day. I once again arrived 30 minutes early, signed in, filled out some papers for a background check and other personal information, waited for a while, then had my interview. The interview took about 15 minutes or so. My interviewer was attentive, asked plenty of questions, and answered any questions I had. Afterward, I received a coupon for a free QT drink and they sent me on my way. Three days later, I got a call from the corporate office to inform me that I got the job. If you get the job, they'll schedule you for orientation, and they'll work with whatever time and location works best for you. That's basically it. The process took about 2 1/2 weeks.

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at QuikTrip (Charlotte, NC) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied for QuikTrip online and got a call two days later to schedule an interview for the following week at the Corporate Office. When you get there they'll give you some paperwork and instructions and point you to a computer room where you can go over your application and make any changes if necessary then you'll take a math test that's only a few questions long just basic math and how much change to give back in as little amount as possible. I'm guessing if you don't pass they'll just send you home. My interview was literally 5 minutes long nothing too serious just basic questions but be prepared after the interview you'll get a coupon for a free drink and they'll call you within 2 weeks!

Interview Questions

• What would you do if another employee wasn't doing their job? (something like that at least)   1 Answer
    • What do you expect from us (QT)?   1 Answer
    • Hours/Availability?   1 Answer
    • What do you think would be the most difficult part about working at QuikTrip?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Less than a week later I got the call offering me a job! PT Clerk makes starts at $10/hr (NC) Orientation was 5 hours long! Bring some form of ID, wear khakis I started training the next day. Tomorrow's my second day of training the hardest thing honestly is not being told how much change to give back to a customer but if you use the "counting up" method to subtract then practice makes perfect, coming from mcdonalds the difficulty level has increased but it's nothing I can't handle in due time benefits are amazing and I'm definitely excited to be working for QT!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lawrenceville, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at QuikTrip (Lawrenceville, GA) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied online, was called two days later to take the math test. I passed the math test and was scheduled for a interview a week later at 11am. I arrived to my interview 15 minutes early, but didnt see the recuriter till an hour and 10 minutes later. When they interview started he was using his phone . Then he asked me to tell him about myself. The interview lasted about 5-10 minutes. He then gave me a coupon and said someone would contact me within 14 days. I am still waiting.