QuikTrip Interview Questions | Glassdoor

QuikTrip Interview Questions

Updated May 24, 2017

2.3

Relief Assistant Interview

Interview

So I applied online and what do you know I get a call the next day I go in take a math test (know how to multi divide and add and solve word prob lol ps I'm still waiting on my call to get the job

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself   1 Answer
    • If chosen how do we know your the right candidate   1 Answer
    • Just the usual how did you hear about us   Answer Question

Clerk Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at QuikTrip.

Interview

- You are brought in first to do a math test, to simply see if you can handle processing change mathematically without screwing up and maintain accurate cash levels.

- The next part is a one on one interview with a training manager which asks generic retail questions.

- Your guarantee of keeping your job doesn't stop just yet. If you get offered the job, you have to go to orientation and go through training (which your trainer determines if you're a fit for QT depending on your performance).

Interview Questions

• - Why QuikTrip?
      - What is customer service?
      - How do you handle an angry customers?
      - How many hours are looking to work and how far?
      Answer Question

Part Time Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Charles, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at QuikTrip (Saint Charles, MO) in May 2017.

Interview

Once you apply, they'll call you in for an interview. You need to bring your ID and your social security card and after they make a copy of those you're sent back to a room filled with computers. You watch a video explaining what the jobs at QT entail and if you wish to proceed you take a math test. It's very simple, making change and what not and they provide you with scratch paper. If you pass they ask you to sit down and within five minutes someone comes out and takes you for an interview. At the end of the interview they give you a coupon and a sheet of paper saying they will call you in two weeks if you get the job and they'll email if you don't. They will call within two weeks after the interview and they schedule your orientation.

PT Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Grand Prairie, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at QuikTrip (Grand Prairie, TX) in May 2017.

Interview

I applied online, this was like my 3rd time applying due to my first time I was pregnant and never got around to taking the math test, my second time I got to the interview process and she was rude but the third time was a charm. I was determined to work here. I completed the application again, got a message in about a week, came in to make my test on a Friday, waited a few minutes for an open computer finished it in like two minutes( way faster than the people sitting there before me Forever) got set up for an interview on Tuesday... she was no nice asked plenty of questions and offered me a job on the spot. I completed my orientation today and it was great. Can't wait to train :))))

Interview Questions

• If a customer was unhappy what would you do ?   1 Answer
    • What would your past employer say about you ?   1 Answer
    • Why do you want to work for QT ?   Answer Question

Warehouse Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ellenwood, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at QuikTrip (Ellenwood, GA) in May 2017.

Interview

Filled out application on a Saturday and they called back Monday for a interview. Went in and filled out a job survey, then 10 minutes later started my interview! Questions were really simple, nothing to hard. After the interview finished, she said that I should hear something back by Friday. Thursday I received a call saying that I got the job and that I need to come in for a drug test and that's today!!! This whole process lasted a week...

Anonymous Employee in Lawrenceville, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at QuikTrip (Lawrenceville, GA) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied online on the company website. I submitted the application, then the next day, I received a call from the corporate office to schedule a pre-screening appointment. For any Georgia residents, they give you the option of choosing the Marietta or Lawrenceville location (whichever is closest to you) to take your pre-screen test. I went to the Marietta location for the test. I arrived 30 minutes early, signed in, then the receptionist gave me a sheet with information and I went to take my test. You watch a roughly 10 minute introduction video going over the benefits of working for the company and what's involved. You get the opportunity to edit your application one last time before you submit it for good. Then there is the math test. It's fairly simple, just counting change in the smallest amount possible, but there are some tricky questions so make sure you take your time and go over your answers before you submit. There is no time limit, but calculators/phones are not required nor allowed. If you aren't good at math or just don't know how to count change then you more than likely will have a difficult time. Long story short, if you pass, you get the interview. (A side note: you should always show up wearing decent clothing because you could very well interview the same day. I figured this would be common sense, but most of the people I saw waiting for interviews were wearing jeans and t-shirts.) Since I took my test in Marietta, they sent me to Lawrenceville for an actual interview the next day. I once again arrived 30 minutes early, signed in, filled out some papers for a background check and other personal information, waited for a while, then had my interview. The interview took about 15 minutes or so. My interviewer was attentive, asked plenty of questions, and answered any questions I had. Afterward, I received a coupon for a free QT drink and they sent me on my way. Three days later, I got a call from the corporate office to inform me that I got the job. If you get the job, they'll schedule you for orientation, and they'll work with whatever time and location works best for you. That's basically it. The process took about 2 1/2 weeks.

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at QuikTrip (Charlotte, NC) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied for QuikTrip online and got a call two days later to schedule an interview for the following week at the Corporate Office. When you get there they'll give you some paperwork and instructions and point you to a computer room where you can go over your application and make any changes if necessary then you'll take a math test that's only a few questions long just basic math and how much change to give back in as little amount as possible. I'm guessing if you don't pass they'll just send you home. My interview was literally 5 minutes long nothing too serious just basic questions but be prepared after the interview you'll get a coupon for a free drink and they'll call you within 2 weeks!

Interview Questions

• What would you do if another employee wasn't doing their job? (something like that at least)   1 Answer
    • What do you expect from us (QT)?   1 Answer
    • Hours/Availability?   1 Answer
    • What do you think would be the most difficult part about working at QuikTrip?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Less than a week later I got the call offering me a job! PT Clerk makes starts at $10/hr (NC) Orientation was 5 hours long! Bring some form of ID, wear khakis I started training the next day. Tomorrow's my second day of training the hardest thing honestly is not being told how much change to give back to a customer but if you use the "counting up" method to subtract then practice makes perfect, coming from mcdonalds the difficulty level has increased but it's nothing I can't handle in due time benefits are amazing and I'm definitely excited to be working for QT!

Night Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at QuikTrip (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

I applied. They called me to come in to take a test. It was a basic math test. You cannot use a calculator, but they provide scratch paper. After passing the test, I was scheduled for an interview with a recruiter. My interview was at 11:00, and I arrived 15 minutes early. I then waited 2 hours before I was called in. He asked basic questions, and told me I would hear something within 2 weeks. I am still waiting to hear.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lawrenceville, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at QuikTrip (Lawrenceville, GA) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied online, was called two days later to take the math test. I passed the math test and was scheduled for a interview a week later at 11am. I arrived to my interview 15 minutes early, but didnt see the recuriter till an hour and 10 minutes later. When they interview started he was using his phone . Then he asked me to tell him about myself. The interview lasted about 5-10 minutes. He then gave me a coupon and said someone would contact me within 14 days. I am still waiting.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at QuikTrip.

Interview

Applied online and they called me back a couple of days later to schedule a computer math test because you have to do mental math on the job. After I passed the math test they called me back a couple of days later for the interview. Interview was very easy. They asked all of the basic questions.