QuikTrip Part Time Clerk Interview Questions | Glassdoor

QuikTrip Part Time Clerk Interview Questions

Updated Feb 10, 2017

2.2

Part Time Clerk Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at QuikTrip.

Interview

After completing a test on the computer to see if you can do basic math, they bring you in for an interview. Interview took about 10-15 minutes. The process was very easy and straight forward. If you get hired, you go back later for about a 3 hour info session.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for QuikTrip

Anonymous Employee in Lawrenceville, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at QuikTrip (Lawrenceville, GA) in December 2016.

Interview

Apply online
    Recieve call
    Pre-screening
    Interview
    On the spot or fast call for hire
    Extra words now because apparently I can't submit this to glaasdoor.com with out having at least 30 words minimum but overall I felt pretty lucky to have received the job, only 1/4 of 1% of applicant get hired.

Interview Questions

• Typical "Tell me about yourself"   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Euless, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at QuikTrip (Euless, TX) in November 2016.

Interview

I applied online and then less than a week I got a call from them to take the math test. After a day or two I got another call to make an appointment for an interview. Same location as before too. I went 15 minutes early to my interview and was called in within 5 minutes. I was nervous but I was motivating myself to do my best. My interview went well but not as good as I imagined it to be. I got a paper with a coupon from the hiring manager. It said that they will email me if I didn't get the job or call me if I did get the job.
    Fast forward a month and I already got a job. I thought they forgot about me since I got no email or call back. But then I receive a call from them saying that I got they were holding my application and looking for a location for me to work at. I asked if I got the job and they said yes and instructed me what to bring for orientation. After orientation you officially got the job.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Smile, don't show piercings, don't wear any jewelry, and hide your tattoos because they take it seriously. The lady upfront mentioned that was a good impression.

Anonymous Employee in Euless, TX

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at QuikTrip (Euless, TX) in June 2016.

Interview

I initially came in for the assistant manager job so I actually went through the interview process for that instead of the part time clerk, but was eventually hired for part time clerk. Apparently they received over 6000 job applications in June alone and with only a few open spots, I told them that I'd
    also be interested in working the clerk job as well so he actually hired me for that instead which I thought was pretty cool. Interview process was great. The guy came in, very chill and relaxed and made the interview process really easy. He asked about 10 questions or so and they ended up calling me back after a week and a half.

Anonymous Employee in Lawrenceville, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at QuikTrip (Lawrenceville, GA) in June 2016.

Interview

I applied online on Thursday, they called me on Friday to schedule an interview at 3:00 on Tuesday at the Corporates Office. When I got there I was asked to take a 10 question Math quiz of adding up change. (No Calculators are needed) unless you have no experience in being a cashier or you don't know how to count. Then I filled out some tax papers, and they called me in for my interview. The interview was really easy, I was asked questions about myself, my pervious job, and also if I capable of doing the jobs that Quiktrip require. Then at the end of the interview I asked my questions I had, and then I received a coupon for a FREE drink. And that was it.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Quiktrip?   1 Answer
    • Are there any duties that you aren't capable of doing?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at QuikTrip (Dallas, TX) in June 2016.

Interview

This was my second time applying, I applied online got a text telling me to come in to take my math test. The first time I passed my math test, then the computer restarted and gave the message that I failed it. They told me to come and apply again in 30 days, 2 months later I applied again. I got the same text to come in and apply, I applied, passed and was told I would be called back within 2 weeks. 1 week later got a call for a interview for that Thursday. It was really easy and laid back, was told I would get a call back within 2 weeks or a letter if I didn't get the job. 2 weeks later I got a call for a job offer.

Anonymous Employee in Marietta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at QuikTrip (Marietta, GA).

Interview

Submitted an application and got a call on the same day, interviewed next day. Had orientation (paid) next week and started training after that. Training is well guided, detailed, and easy to get into.

Interview Questions

• How important is communication in working in a team environment? Give an example of how this has applied to you.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Euless, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at QuikTrip (Euless, TX) in May 2016.

Interview

I applied online for a job as a part time clerk. I hadn't heard back in about 2-3 weeks so I called the division office to "see if they received my application" (I was really calling to get info about my application status). Turns out, they attempted to contact me through text message...it was just never received by my phone (damn you, T-Mobile). So, they typically send texts to let you know to come in for your math test. It was 10 questions and calculators were not allowed. A sample question is: "A customer wants $10 in gas and has $5.87 worth of merchandise. She hands you a $20 bill. Using the least amount of change, give her the correct amount of change back." The change is $4.13. You would select $1 - 4 (as in four one dollar bills...$4), $0.10 - 1 (as in one dime...$0.10) and $0.01 - 3 (as in three pennies...$0.03). So, the test was not difficult. I came in on Wednesday and took the test at the division office. I aced it and the front desk employee scheduled me for an interview for Thursday (yesterday) and I received a call back to let me know that I got the job today (Friday)!! Orientation is on Monday for 4.5 hours!

Interview Questions

• 1. Why do you want to work for QT?
      2. Describe the importance of teamwork to you?
      3. What are your hours of availability?
      4. Will you be needing any time off in the next six months?
      5. Are you aware of our uniform policy: no visible tattoos or piercings (except two earrings in the ears)?
      6. Are you prepared for cleaning, stocking, food prep, and having no breaks?
      7. Do you have any questions for me?
      1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Mission, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at QuikTrip (Mission, KS) in May 2016.

Interview

I applied online and received a call about a week later asking me to come in for an interview at one of the offices not stores, there was a separate room for testing, where I took a math test. Ex of Question: Someone comes into the store and asks for $20 of gas and $3.45 in merchandise they hand you a 100 dollar bill (in some cases it would say "they want theyre change back in 5's, 10's etc..) than there are boxes with the bills and coins you try to give them as least amount of coins and bills as possible unless theyre asking for a certain bill. After the test you have a one on one interview. Usually they will call you back and tell you if you got the job.. in my case I was offered a job the same day of the interview.. after your interview if you got the job you will be told a time for orientation which last 4 or more hours depending on the position you are applying for.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mission, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at QuikTrip (Mission, KS) in May 2016.

Interview

First, I applied online via their website. I got a call a few days later asking if I would be available on the following Monday for an interview. I drove about 40 minutes in extreme downpour to what I was told on the phone would be an interview. When I got to the building, I went inside and was told to go to a computer in another room. I took a basic "math" test and finished the 10-15 questions in about half an hour, which also included sitting through a promotional video beforehand that discussed what it would be like to work at QuikTrip.

I also had to check my entire application for any errors before submitting. At this point a box was on the screen for me to fill out any "questions" I have that I'll want to ask the interviewer if I get called back. I probably should have waited to mention it during the actual interview, but I stated that I had to go out of town in a few weeks for about 7 days and could not work then, and asked if that would keep me from being hired.

Interview Questions

• For the math test, it was basically:
      "A customer buys $20 in gas and $18.67 in merchandise. They give you a $50 bill. Make change in the smallest amount possible." Extremely easy, did not need pen and paper. They allow you to use scratch paper but apparently do not provide pens, so I didn't bother to ask for one since it was just adding and subtracting.
      Answer Question