QuinStreet Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 20, 2017

35 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Online Marketing Post Grad Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Foster City, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at QuinStreet (Foster City, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

The first part of the interview was a phone call which was a very straight forward screening process. She asked questions regarding my resume, experience, and what my current job search looked like. Afterwards, she clearly stated the responsibilities and tasks of the position and made sure that it would be a right fit for me. The role involves a lot of excel and data analytics so brushing up on your excel skills is essential. Next, after I expressed my continue interest in the position, she gave me an excel assignment that must be completed within 24 hours and sent back to her.

Marketing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Foster City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at QuinStreet (Foster City, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

I went through 2 phone screens for 2 different departments. I completed an excel exercise and after 2 weeks was asked to come in for an onsite 3 hour interview with 4 people. The director walked me through a whiteboard exercise. The whole process was fairly nice but after that I sent my thank yous in and did not hear back from them. After calling in, it took a week and a half to say they made internal moves and filled another position with a better candidate.

Interview Questions

• What kind of strategies would you use to optimize this marketing account with metrics A, B, C given and Goal X?   1 Answer

Marketing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Foster City, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at QuinStreet (Foster City, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

Had the overall process expedited since I was leaving for a trip. Passed an HR screen, excel test, and hiring manager interview in 1 day. Then was brought in for a team interview.

Strategic Market Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Foster City, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at QuinStreet (Foster City, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

It was just a brief phone screening to figure out what role was a right fit. She was asking me on a role I was interested in which I did not have much experience in. The initial role that I was looking forward to did not have an opening so I screened for the Market Analyst position. It was very informative.

Media Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at QuinStreet (San Mateo, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

Recruiter reached out via email to set up an initial phone interview. I completed the phone interview successfully, very basic questions about my qualifications. A couple days later, the recruiter notifies me that the upper hiring powers have already filled the position, and they wanted me to apply for other roles instead. Other reviews here on Glassdoor have mentioned this same occurrence before, which makes me feel that the recruiter was unprofessional in this case. If they had checked in with hiring managers more frequently, candidates would not have to waste their time talking to them even when the role they want is not available. The fact that this has happened to other candidates, as indicated on Glassdoor, shows that the recruiter is lazy and being unprofessional.

Compliance Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at QuinStreet.

Interview

I applied on LinkedIn and was contacted by a recruiter a couple of days later to schedule a phone interview. Passed the phone interview and went on to the on-site interview. The interview itself was a bit strange as it was pretty clear they had to find people at the last minute to interview me. The 4-5 people that I did interview with were all very kind but it was unsettling to discover that many of them were new hires themselves with less than several months under their belt.

My last interview was supposed to be with the director of the department but there was a communications mishap and I ended up spending the last 15 minutes of the interview sitting awkwardly in silence with the recruiter texting rapidly away on her phone. She then - rather suddenly asked me how my other interviews had gone and whether or not I felt like I had a good rapport with them. She then started psycho-analyzing me, asking me if I was an introvert or extrovert...

After realizing that the director was not going to come in for the interview, she promptly escorted me out. A couple of week's later, I received a rejection email.

Interview Questions

• 1) Why do you want this job?
      2) What do you know about Quinstreet?   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at QuinStreet.

Interview

A recruiter reached out to me via Linkedin for the Project Manager position. We scheduled a 30 minute phone interview. I sent her my resume via e-mail and from there, a phone interview (approx 30-45 minutes) was scheduled with the hiring manager. A couple days later, an onsite interview was scheduled - approximately 2-3 hours. I interviewed with the hiring manager and 3 other team members.

Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at QuinStreet.

Interview

Not as intense as I thought it would have been. Phone interview with recruiter, phone interview with hiring manager and an on-site. Everyone was pretty friendly but it seemed a bit disorganized as to what questions needed to be asked. They sounded like they did not really collaborate before they met with me.

Interview Questions

• Nothing too difficult - they asked the basics of your strengths and weaknesses, what you expect from the company, talked about the previous job I held/   Answer Question

Junior Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at QuinStreet in June 2014.

Interview

I had my first phone interview with the hiring manager who was nice but definitely seemed slightly disorganized and asked the same questions several times. After the initial phone interview, I had two more phone interviews with the managers whom if hired I would have been working with. Both managers were friendly and organized; the interviews lasted roughly 30 minutes and the questions were all pretty standard. Lastly I went on-site to have three more separate interviews. Over all people were generally friendly but it seemed as though all three people had been told of the interview that morning and there were a lot of awkward pauses as they scrambled to think of questions on the spot. I was told I would hear from the company in a week, but never received a phone call or interview. After 5 interviews, it is both disrespectful and unprofessional that QuinStreet never contacted me in regards to whether I had received the position or not.

Interview Questions

• I cannot think of one question that was particularly difficult. However, in a couple of the interviews, the interviewers tried to come up with questions on the spot which were wordy and not very well thought out. I often had to clarify the question and even then the questions were often strange or difficult to answer.   Answer Question

Business Data Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at QuinStreet in May 2014.

Interview

I applied online and was quickly emailed to schedule a phone screen. The conversation was very brief - the HR rep seemed uninterested in my background, and almost every question came back to QuinStreet. "What do you think we do? Be detailed in your explanation. What parts of our website have you been to? What else can you say about the company?" After the interview I was sent a skills assessment (Excel). I decided not to submit it and never heard back from them.