QuinStreet Interview Questions | Glassdoor

QuinStreet Interview Questions

Updated Nov 27, 2017

72 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at QuinStreet.

Interview

I just talked to the recruiter briefly on the phone about my background and interest in the company. We just talked about the company and some potential positions I might be good for.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Foster City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at QuinStreet (Foster City, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

There was an initial screening over the phone then a longer interview. After I had an Excel test I was brought in for a 5 hour interview with 5 people. It was apparent after the 2nd interview that what they advertised on their job posting was not the same position they interviewed for. In the job description it never said it was a client facing role, that it was based on analyzing metrics from campaigns. But all through the interview process they described the role as under the deposits vertical and that id be managing 3-4 clients directly. It baffles me how these two dramatically different positions are somehow the same. Anyways I received a short email 5 days after the intended response date, and after I had to send a follow up email that I was not selected for the position. I just wish that they were actually on time for when they said they'd respond to me on the results of my Excel test and last interview.

Interview Questions

• If you had two marbles in each 3 boxes with one box holding tow black marbles, one box holding a black and white marble and one box holding two white marble, how would you tell which box has which when you can only take one marble out of each box at a time.   Answer Question

Marketing Operations Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Foster City, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at QuinStreet (Foster City, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

Initial 15-20 minute phone screen with recruiter. 15-20 minute phone screen with hiring manager. Invited on-site for a 2 hour interview with 4 different people (individually for about 20 - 25 minutes each) Hiring Manager, another department manager, vp of department, and a team member.
    Each asked different questions in regards to either resume and experience as well as allowing time for me to ask questions

Interview Questions

• How do you make coffee? (if you don't drink coffee, tea or chai)   Answer Question

Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Foster City, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at QuinStreet (Foster City, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

First Recruiter called for the basic screen and with in a week, Technical phone interveiw was setup.30 mins phone interview with technical questions and some questions on background and experience

Interview Questions

• 1. difference between set and list, which one is better for delete and insert
      2. Array.size(), what will it return
      3. String a = "abc" , String b = "abc". What will a== b return?
      4. Difference between declaring String a = "abc"and String b = new String(abc)
      5. Difference between stack and heap
      4. what is lazy loading, hibernate, left join, explain plan, how will you tune a query?
      5. Question on hibernate annotations
      6. What do you use Maven for   Answer Question

Online Marketing Post Grad Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Foster City, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at QuinStreet (Foster City, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

The first part of the interview was a phone call which was a very straight forward screening process. She asked questions regarding my resume, experience, and what my current job search looked like. Afterwards, she clearly stated the responsibilities and tasks of the position and made sure that it would be a right fit for me. The role involves a lot of excel and data analytics so brushing up on your excel skills is essential. Next, after I expressed my continue interest in the position, she gave me an excel assignment that must be completed within 24 hours and sent back to her.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at QuinStreet (New York, NY).

Interview

Group interview with approx 5 total candidates, then a private interview, then a small sample of your voice is taken for additional review. You answer more questions over a telephone and are asked to recite some statements back to the phone for additional samples of your voice.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Foster City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at QuinStreet (Foster City, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

I went through 2 phone screens for 2 different departments. I completed an excel exercise and after 2 weeks was asked to come in for an onsite 3 hour interview with 4 people. The director walked me through a whiteboard exercise. The whole process was fairly nice but after that I sent my thank yous in and did not hear back from them. After calling in, it took a week and a half to say they made internal moves and filled another position with a better candidate.

Interview Questions

• What kind of strategies would you use to optimize this marketing account with metrics A, B, C given and Goal X?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Foster City, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at QuinStreet (Foster City, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

Had the overall process expedited since I was leaving for a trip. Passed an HR screen, excel test, and hiring manager interview in 1 day. Then was brought in for a team interview.

Strategic Market Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Foster City, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at QuinStreet (Foster City, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

It was just a brief phone screening to figure out what role was a right fit. She was asking me on a role I was interested in which I did not have much experience in. The initial role that I was looking forward to did not have an opening so I screened for the Market Analyst position. It was very informative.

Media Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at QuinStreet (San Mateo, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

Recruiter reached out via email to set up an initial phone interview. I completed the phone interview successfully, very basic questions about my qualifications. A couple days later, the recruiter notifies me that the upper hiring powers have already filled the position, and they wanted me to apply for other roles instead. Other reviews here on Glassdoor have mentioned this same occurrence before, which makes me feel that the recruiter was unprofessional in this case. If they had checked in with hiring managers more frequently, candidates would not have to waste their time talking to them even when the role they want is not available. The fact that this has happened to other candidates, as indicated on Glassdoor, shows that the recruiter is lazy and being unprofessional.