QuinStreet Interview Questions | Glassdoor

QuinStreet Interview Questions

Updated Sep 21, 2017

Media Analyst Interview

Interview

It was casual and brief group interview with two of the hiring managers. Not very formal at all and involved some problem solving questions as well as personal characteristic questions.

Compliance Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at QuinStreet.

Interview

I applied on LinkedIn and was contacted by a recruiter a couple of days later to schedule a phone interview. Passed the phone interview and went on to the on-site interview. The interview itself was a bit strange as it was pretty clear they had to find people at the last minute to interview me. The 4-5 people that I did interview with were all very kind but it was unsettling to discover that many of them were new hires themselves with less than several months under their belt.

My last interview was supposed to be with the director of the department but there was a communications mishap and I ended up spending the last 15 minutes of the interview sitting awkwardly in silence with the recruiter texting rapidly away on her phone. She then - rather suddenly asked me how my other interviews had gone and whether or not I felt like I had a good rapport with them. She then started psycho-analyzing me, asking me if I was an introvert or extrovert...

After realizing that the director was not going to come in for the interview, she promptly escorted me out. A couple of week's later, I received a rejection email.

Interview Questions

• 1) Why do you want this job?
      2) What do you know about Quinstreet?   Answer Question

Online Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Foster City, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at QuinStreet (Foster City, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

5 different hiring managers for different teams for half hour each. Unnecessarily long but I understand the attempt to place interns in fitting roles. However, this was helpful though because if questions were repeated, you can strengthen your answer. This also became helpful in discovering the different career opportunities they were offering, so I can give preference to one that I want to grow in.

Interview Questions

• Scenario questions: often about leadership, teamwork, challenge situations   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at QuinStreet.

Interview

A recruiter reached out to me via Linkedin for the Project Manager position. We scheduled a 30 minute phone interview. I sent her my resume via e-mail and from there, a phone interview (approx 30-45 minutes) was scheduled with the hiring manager. A couple days later, an onsite interview was scheduled - approximately 2-3 hours. I interviewed with the hiring manager and 3 other team members.

Online Media Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at QuinStreet.

Interview

I was highly disappointed with the interview process for this company. I applied online to the Online Media Associate position and was contacted that day. We scheduled my phone interview for the following week. My interviewer was 20 minutes late to that phone call. They did not apologize and spent the next 25 minutes asking me generic interview questions before informing me that the full-time position I had applied for was hiring immediately and they would like to interview me for an internship this summer instead. They easily could have conveyed that information via email but chose to interview me first then spring that on me at the end of the interview. I found their communication to be highly unprofessional and chose to withdraw from the application process at that time.

Interview Questions

• Describe your experience with digital marketing analytics   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at QuinStreet.

Interview

Initially interviewed with Randstad, passed onto to a second group interview with two Quinstreet team leaders. The team leaders were about 20 minutes late coming in but very apologetic. We were asked to speak from a script but using our own words. We were also asked to essentially "sell" ourselves as to why we should get the job. The team leaders did a good job of promoting Quinstreet by making it sound like a great place to work.

Interview Questions

• Do you have previous call center experience?   1 Answer

Media Director Interview

Interview

very basic process with cases. be analytical and data driven. think on the feet. be prepared for fit questions, understand media, lead gen, marketing analytics, web analytics. reporting. content strategy, SEO, SEM, content management system. revenue and traffic analysis.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

strict

Media Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in India, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at QuinStreet (India, TX) in February 2015.

Interview

2 rounds . Took around 2 weeks for shortlisting. Work culture is really very good. For first round, they gave some site to review for SEO purpose. The 2nd round consists of face to face interview wherein they asked about analytical questions which were given in 1st round and asked other questions too.

Interview Questions

• 1st round - written test 2nd round - face to face round   1 Answer

Negotiation

It was fixed salary

Senior Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Foster City, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at QuinStreet (Foster City, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

1. Phone interview - technical. Core Java, J2EE, Hibernate, Struts and Spring.
    2. Phone interview - problem solving, design patterns and multi threading.
    3. onsite - 5 interviews.
    4. recruiter call - offer.

Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at QuinStreet.

Interview

Not as intense as I thought it would have been. Phone interview with recruiter, phone interview with hiring manager and an on-site. Everyone was pretty friendly but it seemed a bit disorganized as to what questions needed to be asked. They sounded like they did not really collaborate before they met with me.

Interview Questions

• Nothing too difficult - they asked the basics of your strengths and weaknesses, what you expect from the company, talked about the previous job I held/   Answer Question

See What QuinStreet Employees Are Saying

StarStarStarStarStar   Former Anonymous Employee in Foster City, CA

Pros: “Friendly talented people (on media teams), tons of opportunities for growth and professional development (if you assert yourself), good benefits and generous vacation time for veteran...”“Friendly talented people (on media teams), tons of opportunities for growth and professional development (if you assert yourself), good benefits and generous vacation time for veteran employees If you work at QS you have to be very mercenary about it. Chances are if you're new to the industry you will not be paid well initially, but view your whole QS tenure as a paid internship to build up the skills training and, more importantly, X years' experience in the industry to move on to something more lucrative. You have to be assertive and nag nag nag your way into extra trainings and access to platforms, though, or else you will get pigeonholed in your lane and become grist for the next round of layoffs. Additionally, it helps if you have an inside contact to steer you towards the right vertical, as salary bumps and promotions are tied highly to team revenue performance and certain verticals are in an apocalyptic death spiral.” – Full Review