QuinStreet Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 15, 2017

2.9

Media Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Foster City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at QuinStreet (Foster City, CA).

Interview

Was interviewed for an internship and relevant experience was a minimum qualification. They asked questions about prior work environment and depth of knowledge in digital marketing. Definitely not as interrogative as higher-level positions.

Junior Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at QuinStreet in June 2014.

Interview

I had my first phone interview with the hiring manager who was nice but definitely seemed slightly disorganized and asked the same questions several times. After the initial phone interview, I had two more phone interviews with the managers whom if hired I would have been working with. Both managers were friendly and organized; the interviews lasted roughly 30 minutes and the questions were all pretty standard. Lastly I went on-site to have three more separate interviews. Over all people were generally friendly but it seemed as though all three people had been told of the interview that morning and there were a lot of awkward pauses as they scrambled to think of questions on the spot. I was told I would hear from the company in a week, but never received a phone call or interview. After 5 interviews, it is both disrespectful and unprofessional that QuinStreet never contacted me in regards to whether I had received the position or not.

Interview Questions

• I cannot think of one question that was particularly difficult. However, in a couple of the interviews, the interviewers tried to come up with questions on the spot which were wordy and not very well thought out. I often had to clarify the question and even then the questions were often strange or difficult to answer.   Answer Question

Business Data Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at QuinStreet in May 2014.

Interview

I applied online and was quickly emailed to schedule a phone screen. The conversation was very brief - the HR rep seemed uninterested in my background, and almost every question came back to QuinStreet. "What do you think we do? Be detailed in your explanation. What parts of our website have you been to? What else can you say about the company?" After the interview I was sent a skills assessment (Excel). I decided not to submit it and never heard back from them.

Strategic Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Foster City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at QuinStreet (Foster City, CA) in March 2014.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted by one of the recruiters from Quinstreet. After a phone interview I was scheduled to go in person and meet with three people from Quinstreet: the heads of the departments I would be working in and the Hiring Manager. For the most part all interviewers did not seem interested in being there from the start.

Interview Questions

• The questions are not too difficult. Two of the Interviewers gave a couple of problems to work out, basic math problems all based on CPI, CPC, CPM metrics.   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Beaverton, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at QuinStreet (Beaverton, OR) in March 2014.

Interview

There were three interviewers. Two guys and one female. There were I think four of us applicants.
    They asked a lot of questions that were fairly easy. All were basic computer/talking to customers on the phone type of questions and how comfortable we were with dealing with customers here and there with bad attitudes.

Not that it's in my control, but I'm not a fan of group interviews because you feel almost like you're in school again where the professor picks on whoever looks the most nervous to answer the interview question first. And then the rest of the interviewees listen in on their answer and think of something wittier to say. I think every candidate deserves to have personal attention so they can get to know who they are hiring....but this was my first call center interview so I guess it must be normal.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with upset customers?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation. Pay was what they said it was....schedule tuesday--sunday was as they said. but they let us choose with shift we wanted 8--5 or 9-6.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Foster City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at QuinStreet (Foster City, CA).

Interview

First I had an interview with the recruiter that lasted about 45 minutes. When I finished the phone interview I was given an excel assignment (complete with problem solving, formulas, critical thinking and analytical thinking). Once I turned in the assignment I was given a phone interview with the hiring manager. From there I was invited to an in person interview where I met with 5 different people. Each person asked me a critical thinking problem (bring a notebook). In total, I was there for about 4 hours.

Interview Questions

• What is the average per outfit of people on an airplane?   Answer Question

New Grad Internships Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at QuinStreet.

Interview

I got called for a phone interview almost right away. However, the recruiter rescheduled out interview 4 times. They seem to be disorganized with their hiring process. When we finally settled on a final time to have my first phone interview, the recruiter never called. Overall, they seem to be very disorganized and too busy to keep their engagements.

Media Associate Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Foster City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at QuinStreet (Foster City, CA) in July 2013.

Interview

I applied for a Social/Media Mobile Analyst position. I received an email from the recruiter asking to provide my availability for an initial phone interview that same week. I responded with my availability for the week but never heard back from the recruiter over email or the phone once the week passed.

I sent a follow-up e-mail the following week with my availability for that week and then managed to receive a response from the recruiter to set up a time to speak over the phone. He provided me with a phone number to call in at a specific time. When I called, I received a busy tone and left a voicemail message.

15 minutes past the scheduled time, I received a phone call from the recruiter apologizing for the delay. We finally started the interview over the phone where he explained that he thought I was a better fit for another position as a Media Associate Intern, which would be an internship role. He asked if I was interested, to which I answered yes, and then explained there would be an exercise I would have to complete and submit by the end of the next day.

I waited for the recruiter to send me the exercise, but he didn't send it to me until the morning of the next day. He explained I would have until the end of the day after to complete it.

Throughout the course of events up until this point, I was led to believe that the recruiter was unprepared and disorganized which frustrated me and didn't give me a very good impression.

After e-mailing my completed exercise, I received an offer to advance to the next step where another recruiter would arrange a phone interview with me. Once we set a date and time for the phone interview, the woman emailing me instructed me to give her a call in case I didn't hear from the recruiter at the supposed time. However, the woman's e-mail didn't actually provide me with a phone number. I followed up and asked for her phone number in case I didn't hear anything from the interviewer. She finally provided it to me and we were set for the second phone interview.

On the day of the second phone interview which was set at 11:30am, I received a phone call from the second recruiter at 11:05am which was earlier than expected and caught me off guard because I was actually in the shower.

The second recruiter's disregard and disrespect for the schedule which we agreed upon solidified my reluctance to work there. Given everything I had dealt with, I became unwilling to fight for my chance of employment there.

I received an e-mail explaining that the recruiter was impressed, and provided the team with good feedback from my phone interview. Furthermore, they wanted to invite me to their office for an in-person interview with the team so they asked for my availability.

Given my frustrating dealings with the recruiters, I e-mailed back explaining that I had already received offers from other places and since I live far away, I said I had some questions before I could make the commitment to come for an in-person interview. My question was as such: "Since the position is classified as an internship role, there should be an educational and training aspect. What sort of training could I expect to receive from this internship?"

I never received a response to the e-mail and waited for a week. After checking my status on Jobvite recently, I saw that the my standing was marked as "not selected".

My personal experience, and the overall outcome of how the recruiters handled my application should be indicative of the HR department's attitude towards their employees.

Interview Questions

• If there was an important meeting on Monday morning and your supervisor told you last minute on Friday morning that he/she doesn't have time to prepare for the upcoming meeting and needed you to step in for the project, how would you handle it?   Answer Question

Senior Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Foster City, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at QuinStreet (Foster City, CA) in July 2013.

Interview

Contacted by the recruiter via LinkedIn, had a first call with recruiter, then a call with the hiring manager who gave me a short homework to see how I think through product issues, then was asked to come for 4 on-site interviews and finally got the offer about a week after the in person interviews. Very fast and smooth process, interviews were very conversational and to the point about what value I can add to the role.

Interview Questions

• On the spot quantitative analysis case, nothing difficult, just think on your feet and show how you think   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiated reasonably, which was well accepted and got a fast and satisfactory response on my asks

Associate Editor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Foster City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at QuinStreet (Foster City, CA) in July 2013.

Interview

It was a long interview process that started with an initial phone interview with a recruiter, then took an assessment that measured skill and knowledge of the sector, then another phone interview with a hiring manager. I was then asked to come to the HQ and there I interviewed with 5 separate people for about 2.5 hours.

Interview Questions

• Describe a difficult situation in a job in your past and how did you deal with it?   Answer Question