QuinStreet Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

QuinStreet Software Engineer Interview Questions

2.8

5 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Foster City, CA

Application

The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at QuinStreet (Foster City, CA) in May 2008.

Interview

The interview process was a bit tedious. It would have been nice if the process was a little bit quicker.

Other Interview Reviews for QuinStreet

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at QuinStreet (Pune (India)) in April 2014.

Interview

Depends on the role.
    For Back end jobs, questions are primarily based on Java with focus on OOPS concepts, collections, exceptions.
    They can even ask you about SQL, Struts and Spring.
    Sometimes servlets and JSPs are also asked

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sangli, Maharashtra (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at QuinStreet (Sangli, Maharashtra (India)) in March 2013.

Interview

There were two rounds of the interview process: Technical Round and HR Round

1. Technical Round:
    Started with the usual Hi/Hello. There were two people in the panel. One of them took my resume and started asking me about my Third Year Engineering Project. They grilled me about it for approx. 15 min. Then they asked whether I was more comfortable with Core Java, or PHP, or ASP.
    When I replied with Java, they started asking basics about Java - Exceptions, Collections. One peculiar question was about Garbage Collection (Described later on). then they switched to Web technology, and asked about session management, and some more general questions.
    The whole process went on for about 45 min. Overall, the interview was easy to crack.

2. HR Round
    Again with Hi/Hello out of the way, there was only one person asking the questions. He asked about my background, my interests, hobbies etc. Then asked why I wanted to join QS, whether I was hired by any company already, what were the major points that influenced me to consider working for QS etc.
    Then he asked me about my strengths and weaknesses. In the end, he gave a very nice feedback of my overall impression on him.
    The interview was easy enough, but I was quite nervous at the time, so I messed up some of the answers. But overall, the experience was nice.

Interview Questions

• How would you design Garbage collection algorithm for Java? And why?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at QuinStreet (Mumbai (India)) in January 2012.

Interview

Typical interview questions on Data structures and Algos.
    Even UI interview is based on Ds.
    Aptitude test for college students.
    Technical recruiters are very talented. 3-4 rounds.
    Final HR round which is very easy.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at QuinStreet (Pune (India)) in October 2011.

Interview

The interview started off with typical 'Describe yourself' question, which I usually tend to screw.
    Then they started asking about how I understood their business model which they'd described in a presentation that they'd just given to us. I could recall some part of it. And I seemed to satisfy them well Enough.
               Then they went on to ask how I could improve it in any way imaginable. I said something that I couldn't comprehend to this day.
               The next question had to do with their business (which is online advertising). They asked me how could you put ads on a site, given their business model. It took the longest. They didn't seem any impressed. That's how I came to know about potential denial, which is what happened.
              It took almost half an hour.

Interview Questions

• How would you improve our business model, given you've understood our current one?   Answer Question