Quinn Emanuel Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Quinn Emanuel Associate Interview Questions

Updated Jul 19, 2017

5 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Associate Interview

Interview

Typical law firm interview. Met with HR, two partners, and three associates. The point is basically to see if you are normal, because all they really care about is your law school and grades. The problem is the firm always picks the associates who are most energetic and happy.

Interview Questions

• None. There are no difficult or unexpected questions in law firm interviews.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Quinn Emanuel

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Quinn Emanuel (San Francisco, CA) in September 2013.

Interview

20-30 minute interviews with five to seven attorneys. Each attorney asks a series of questions, usually focusing on the candidate's background and interest in the firm. Research the firm prior to your interview, and know a few of the big cases they are on.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Quinn Emanuel (San Francisco, CA) in May 2011.

Interview

Standard interview questions and experience. Expect to meet with two or three Associates, and two or three partners. Questions revolved around your past experiences, why you want to work at Quinn, and why you are leaving your immediately prior role.

Interview Questions

• Why are you lateralling from your former position? Were you on track to make partner at your former firm? Why or why not?   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Quinn Emanuel in March 2011.

Interview

The interview was focused on whether you can do the job, and whether you have the experience to handle such a competitive environment. It was a more adversarial interview than most I have had with law firms--these are litigators with little taste for beating around the bush.

Interview Questions

• If you don't have the experience to be here, you will get pressed on that point continually.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Only negotiated start date.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Quinn Emanuel (San Francisco, CA) in September 2009.

Interview

Very brief phone screen, < 30 minutes, before they flew me out for an on-site interview. Met two midlevel associates and went to lunch with one, then met the hiring partner in the afternoon. They asked several variations of 'why do you want to work at this particular firm' and seemed happy with variations on 'I like the focus on litigation' and 'I like the focus on results over presentation' (a flattering framing of the non-dress-code and generally less-formal atmosphere).

Interview Questions

• 'why do you want to work at this particular firm'   1 Answer

Took an offer at a competing firm