Quinn Emanuel Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Quinn Emanuel Interview Questions

Updated Oct 25, 2017

2.6

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Quinn Emanuel in March 2011.

Interview

The interview was focused on whether you can do the job, and whether you have the experience to handle such a competitive environment. It was a more adversarial interview than most I have had with law firms--these are litigators with little taste for beating around the bush.

Interview Questions

• If you don't have the experience to be here, you will get pressed on that point continually.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Only negotiated start date.

Litigation Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Quinn Emanuel (London, England (UK)) in January 2012.

Interview

The interview was conducted by a partner at the firm and the firm's practice manager. Both were delightful to meet and discuss with. The firm has a genuine can-do and think outside the box attitude. I was less exprienced to what they required but it was an experience that I would highly recommend to anyone considering applying to their London office.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about working at a firm that acts against financial institutions when most top city firms act in those institutions' defence? Are you concerned about your future employability if you join the firm?   Answer Question

Legal Secretary Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Quinn Emanuel (New York, NY) in July 2017.

Interview

It went pretty easily. Asked you to go over your resume. Asked why you fit in the job. Asked why Quinn. Asked what led you to that position. Asked if you desire to go to law school.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Quinn Emanuel (San Francisco, CA) in September 2013.

Interview

20-30 minute interviews with five to seven attorneys. Each attorney asks a series of questions, usually focusing on the candidate's background and interest in the firm. Research the firm prior to your interview, and know a few of the big cases they are on.

Legal Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Luton, East of England, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Quinn Emanuel (Luton, East of England, England (UK)).

Interview

Interview and application was through a legal recruitment agency. Interview was organised swiftly. However got to the interview, my interviewer lacked interest and was yawning in my face while I was talking. Never even had the courtesy of being sent a reply saying I was unsuccessful or had not reached the next round. I wouldn't waste my time again.

Legal Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Quinn Emanuel (London, England (UK)) in August 2015.

Interview

Interview was 3 rounds, one with office manager and two with Partners. Very relaxed atmosphere.
    Just got asked the basic questions of why law, why do you want to work for this firm and what are your strengths/weaknesses. They just wanted to see if my personality fit the office.

Interview Questions

• Why law?
      Describe your strengths and weaknesses?
      Why this firm?   Answer Question

Collections Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Quinn Emanuel (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2011.

Interview

You meet in a conferenfe room. If before 11 am the manager who jntweviews will likely be late. Convince the manager to like you so you wI'll be hired. College degree was the only requirement. Dress to impress even if dress code is casual. 1 on 1 meeting.

Interview Questions

• Do you have accounting spreadsheet 10 key experience.where did you graduate from? Do you know elite 3e software? What are your career goals ? the usual...   1 Answer

Negotiation

None

Associate Interview

Interview

Typical law firm interview. Met with HR, two partners, and three associates. The point is basically to see if you are normal, because all they really care about is your law school and grades. The problem is the firm always picks the associates who are most energetic and happy.

Interview Questions

• None. There are no difficult or unexpected questions in law firm interviews.   Answer Question

Support Staff Interview

Interview

The Interview process was average, nothing out of the norm as I went through a recruiting agency. They interviewers were very polite but at the same time, they mean business. It was made clear that it is a very busy environment, and they need someone to stay on their toes, at the same time, you have the ability to dress comfortably and use any tools necessary to get the job done correctly.

Interview Questions

• Nothing unexpected, the same question seemed to be asked more than once, but in different words. All in all, it was a pretty standard interview.   Answer Question

Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Quinn Emanuel (New York, NY) in October 2013.

Interview

Beautiful office, nice people, everyone wears jeans. I had a great interview with the Paralegal Coordinator and a Senior Paralegal who was part of the team seeking another paralegal. The Associates I met with were extremely nice and did not seem overstressed as with a typical AmLaw 100 firm.

Interview Questions

• Sounds like you are doing more exciting work at your current position. Why would you want to take this position?   Answer Question