Quinn Emanuel Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Quinn Emanuel Interview Questions

Updated Jul 19, 2017

2.7

Legal Secretary Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Quinn Emanuel.

Interview

I was hired through a recruiter and went a couple of times to meet with the HR manager. I was hired the same week.

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions. I was asked about background and skills.   Answer Question

Summer Associate Interview

Interview

Interviewer was casually dressed, wearing jeans and drinking a coke. Was a brief interview (during OCI) but received an invitation to their networking event that night and a callback. Overall was a less traditional law firm interview - we spoke about drinking and wine. Lawyer was on his phone twice during the interview.

Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Quinn Emanuel (Washington, DC) in June 2014.

Interview

There were 3 rounds of interviews from the Paralegal Manager to Jr, Sr, and Partner interviews. If they take your resume (i.e. they invite you to interview) it becomes more about fit then your credentials.

Interview Questions

• What do you hope to gain from this opportunity?   1 Answer

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Quinn Emanuel (San Francisco, CA) in September 2009.

Interview

Very brief phone screen, < 30 minutes, before they flew me out for an on-site interview. Met two midlevel associates and went to lunch with one, then met the hiring partner in the afternoon. They asked several variations of 'why do you want to work at this particular firm' and seemed happy with variations on 'I like the focus on litigation' and 'I like the focus on results over presentation' (a flattering framing of the non-dress-code and generally less-formal atmosphere).

Interview Questions

• 'why do you want to work at this particular firm'   1 Answer

Took an offer at a competing firm

Staff Contract Attorney Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Quinn Emanuel (New York, NY) in June 2013.

Interview

Very laid back and friendly. You will meet with another staff attorney and discuss the case and expectations of the job. Most staff contract attorneys are very helpful. Some feel entitled to more because Quinn spoils them.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None. Take it or leave it

Legal Secretary Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Quinn Emanuel in January 2015.

Interview

I was set up for an interview through a staffing agency. I interviewed with the staffing agency and then the law firm was interested in setting up an interview with them once they saw my resume and credentials. I arrived early and dressed professional. My interviewer was wearing a Yankees hat with a du-rag, t-shirt, jeans, and Timberland boots. I knew they allowed people to dress casual, but really? This is the first person I met from Quinn Emanuel and this will be the lasting impression I always have of them.

Legal Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Quinn Emanuel (London, England (UK)) in July 2015.

Interview

Initial interview with the office manager where she asked a couple of standard interview questions, like the ones below. Overall, the interview was about 30 minutes long and wasn't particularly difficult. However, I'm sure that the partner interview would have been more organised and difficult.

The firm seems quite laidback with partners apparently coming into the office in flip flops during the summer (according to my interviewer). Reception were very accomodating at the front desk.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Quinn Emanuel.

Interview

Very casual and friendly interview process, although a long day of interviews in the office. I felt flattered that people who were ordinarily quite busy with important things were taking time out of their days to genuinely get to know me.

Legal Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Quinn Emanuel (New York, NY).

Interview

One interview in Madison Ave office. Interviewer was very friendly. They said interviews are always short and this is true. They want to read you right away. Do not be nervous, be friendly and relaxed.

Paralegal Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Quinn Emanuel in February 2017.

Interview

I met with two associates individually via Skype. The first associate I met was really nice, and we had a good conversation about the job and the company. The second associate I met with was quite rude. She kept telling me that I shouldn't take the job and that it wasn't substantial for someone who was not sure if they wanted to go to law school. She basically told me that I could do something more valuable with my time and that I don't want to do this job. I was really taken aback by it.