Quinn Emanuel Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Quinn Emanuel Interview Questions

Updated Mar 2, 2017

2.6

Paralegal Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Quinn Emanuel in February 2017.

Interview

I met with two associates individually via Skype. The first associate I met was really nice, and we had a good conversation about the job and the company. The second associate I met with was quite rude. She kept telling me that I shouldn't take the job and that it wasn't substantial for someone who was not sure if they wanted to go to law school. She basically told me that I could do something more valuable with my time and that I don't want to do this job. I was really taken aback by it.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Quinn Emanuel (New York, NY).

Interview

One interview in Madison Ave office. Interviewer was very friendly. They said interviews are always short and this is true. They want to read you right away. Do not be nervous, be friendly and relaxed.

Legal Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Luton, East of England, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Quinn Emanuel (Luton, East of England, England (UK)).

Interview

Interview and application was through a legal recruitment agency. Interview was organised swiftly. However got to the interview, my interviewer lacked interest and was yawning in my face while I was talking. Never even had the courtesy of being sent a reply saying I was unsuccessful or had not reached the next round. I wouldn't waste my time again.

Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Quinn Emanuel (Washington, DC) in June 2014.

Interview

There were 3 rounds of interviews from the Paralegal Manager to Jr, Sr, and Partner interviews. If they take your resume (i.e. they invite you to interview) it becomes more about fit then your credentials.

Interview Questions

• What do you hope to gain from this opportunity?   1 Answer

Legal Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Quinn Emanuel (London, England (UK)) in August 2015.

Interview

Interview was 3 rounds, one with office manager and two with Partners. Very relaxed atmosphere.
    Just got asked the basic questions of why law, why do you want to work for this firm and what are your strengths/weaknesses. They just wanted to see if my personality fit the office.

Interview Questions

• Why law?
      Describe your strengths and weaknesses?
      Why this firm?
      Answer Question

Litigation Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Quinn Emanuel.

Interview

Very casual and friendly interview process, although a long day of interviews in the office. I felt flattered that people who were ordinarily quite busy with important things were taking time out of their days to genuinely get to know me.

Collections Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Quinn Emanuel (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2011.

Interview

You meet in a conferenfe room. If before 11 am the manager who jntweviews will likely be late. Convince the manager to like you so you wI'll be hired. College degree was the only requirement. Dress to impress even if dress code is casual. 1 on 1 meeting.

Interview Questions

• Do you have accounting spreadsheet 10 key experience.where did you graduate from? Do you know elite 3e software? What are your career goals ? the usual...   1 Answer

Negotiation

None

Associate Interview

Interview

Typical law firm interview. Met with HR, two partners, and three associates. The point is basically to see if you are normal, because all they really care about is your law school and grades. The problem is the firm always picks the associates who are most energetic and happy.

Interview Questions

• None. There are no difficult or unexpected questions in law firm interviews.   Answer Question

Legal Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Quinn Emanuel (London, England (UK)) in July 2015.

Interview

Initial interview with the office manager where she asked a couple of standard interview questions, like the ones below. Overall, the interview was about 30 minutes long and wasn't particularly difficult. However, I'm sure that the partner interview would have been more organised and difficult.

The firm seems quite laidback with partners apparently coming into the office in flip flops during the summer (according to my interviewer). Reception were very accomodating at the front desk.

Support Staff Interview

Interview

The Interview process was average, nothing out of the norm as I went through a recruiting agency. They interviewers were very polite but at the same time, they mean business. It was made clear that it is a very busy environment, and they need someone to stay on their toes, at the same time, you have the ability to dress comfortably and use any tools necessary to get the job done correctly.

Interview Questions

• Nothing unexpected, the same question seemed to be asked more than once, but in different words. All in all, it was a pretty standard interview.   Answer Question