QuintilesIMS Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

QuintilesIMS Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Feb 11, 2017

3.1

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at QuintilesIMS.

Interview

They just never get back to you. Not even with a rejection email. After all the trouble of going through video interview + rounds of phone interviews + flying overnight across the country and back in a day, you hear nothing if they don't hire you. I mean, how rude.

Interview Questions

• Metrics you would use to evaluate performance of a hypothetical drug;
    presentation on an analytical project you've worked on;
    excel test on Vlookup, pivot table, pivot charts and sumifs;
    summarizing powerpoint charts and give each slide a title;
    all types of behavioral questions
    Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for QuintilesIMS

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at QuintilesIMS in October 2016.

Interview

Applied online on their website. Got an email to schedule a phone interview (which took more than 2 weeks). Interviewed for about 1 h with a consultant. General behaviorial type questions followed by cases. Healthcare related questions (OTC and prescription drugs), and need to do some mathematics (market sizing and pricing strategies).

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at QuintilesIMS in September 2016.

Interview

I applied through a recruiter. He called and did a phone screening with me for about 30 minutes. Then I did a video interview, which was quite simple. I then did another 30 minute phone interview. Unfortunately, I did not move forward in the process, which I believe might be another phone interview or an on-site interview. The process was super quick. The time it took from the phone screen to the phone interview was 1 week.

Interview Questions

• How would you measure the success of a launched product?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ithaca, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at QuintilesIMS (Ithaca, NY) in September 2015.

Interview

I interviewed for this position during on-campus recruiting. There were two parts to the interview, the first being about 5 minutes of behavioral questions and followed by a fairly straightforward pharmaceutical case question. While I thought the market sizing portion of the question went smoothly, I had not brushed up on my mental math and took too long to calculate revenues for various pricing strategies that I was provided with. The second portion of the interview was strictly behavioral. Questions were pretty standard - Walk me through your resume, why Cornell?, why IMS?, what are two things you are good at?, what are two things you need to improve? etc. Unfortunately, I did not advance to the final round but it was still a good experience. The interviewers were really nice!

Interview Questions

• What are two things you are good at? What are two things you are bad at?
      Case: Market sizing and Pricing Strategy for a Pharma company that wants to launch an allergy drug in the US.
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Burlington, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at QuintilesIMS (Burlington, MA) in September 2015.

Interview

This Interview Process only applies to The Amundsen Group division within QuintilesIMS

Went through my school's job hiring website.

The recruiting process will change every year dramatically just based on who does it but the general process through the school was:
    1) Resume and Cover letter screening
    2) On-Campus/Phone Interview (2 mini interviews with 1 case)
    3) Tech Test for basic understanding / ability to google things well
    4) On-Site all-day interview (2 more cases with 3 normal interviews, so 5 total)

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in Pharma/Healthcare and Data Solutions?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at QuintilesIMS.

Interview

phone interview with the director, and other technical person .30 min long 2 phone interview. after the phone interview got the offer in 2 weeks time . very flexible interview process depending upon the role.

Interview Questions

• what are the new upcoming technology , about the current work , all in resume   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Interview

Application, Webcam Interview, Phone Interview, In-person interview, and a second phone interview. Process took 6 weeks. Webcam interview different and pre-recorded. Phone interviews basic resume questions and behavioral questions. In-person was with multiple interviewers over hours. Ended with a presentation.

Interview Questions

• Business Case questions regarding pharmaceutical companies.   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at QuintilesIMS.

Interview

The second round interviews were not too bad, but were long (45 minutes each). The cases were not math heavy and focused more on awareness of drug marketing and sales. The presentation component in the final round was odd and no seemed to actually care about it. They had to ask employees to watch the presentation and no one was very engaged. Minimal questions were asked.

Interview Questions

• As a public health student, they asked me directly "do you have a problem helping pharmaceutical companies make money?"   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at QuintilesIMS (Durham, NC) in July 2014.

Interview

Alumni referral led to subsequent interviews. Couple of phone interviews with hiring manager then on-site interviews at the office with members of the rest of the team. Well-structured and thorough process.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

non-negotiable

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at QuintilesIMS in June 2014.

Interview

The first round was a recorded video interview. It was really basic. Just asking your strenghts, your experiences, willingness to travel, things like that. I thought I screwed up badly but I advanced to the next round. The next round was the phone interview and included a case study question. I thought I did okay but I did not get the offer.

Interview Questions

• There was no unexpected questions. The case study was simple and straightforward. I had to compare markets for disease A and B and decide which one to enter.   Answer Question