QuintilesIMS Associate Director Interview Questions | Glassdoor

QuintilesIMS Associate Director Interview Questions

3.2

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at QuintilesIMS (Durham, NC) in February 2016.

Interview

The interview was 6 hours over two days. Half of it was exercises and the other half was traditional f2f. It was the best interview I've been a part of in my career.

Interview Questions

• Give me a specific plan for how you would roll out procedure x in 60 days.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for QuintilesIMS

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at QuintilesIMS (Atlanta, GA) in January 2015.

Interview

Panel interview. full day process. did not describe the position well. could use some work on the process and give the candidate a better idea on what to expect.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at QuintilesIMS (Durham, NC).

Interview

Multiple phone screens/interviews, then flew to headquarters for face to face with several people of various levels within the company. Asked to do a brief presentation. Overall, the interview process was smooth.

Interview Questions

• Specific details about how things were handled at my current employer   Answer Question

Went in for an AD role and they kept talking up the Senior Manager role. Felt like they wasted my time on a position they were not prepared to make an offer on. Bait and Switch.

Associate Director Interview

Interview

Everything went fine till the initial offer letter. I interviewed for an AD position but they gave me a Manager offer letter. Post I declined, they came back to me changing the designation to AD, however this time they removed the joining bonus component from the offer letter. I reached out to the Manager of Staffing to give me the reasons why joining bonus was not included and she kept on giving me different reasons for that on every email. She kept on reminding me that they given me a good hike and position like it was a favor. On my last email when I asked her to arrange a call with the staffing director she sent an email again with the same reasons. Nobody had the decency to even call me to clear my doubt's. It really talks a lot about the company and its leadership. And that is the only reason i declined the offer.

Really bad way of handling prospective employees queries. Avoiding simple questions as if they were hiding something. I asked why joining bonus wasn't a part of the salary and they couldn't give me a valid reason. When I asked for them to arrange a call with hr leader to understand the reasons no one had the decency to setup time and talk to me. I feel they don't believe in discussing things . worst part is I never once negotiated in salary and I just had a simple question on the joining bonus . I would avoid quintiles only on the ground of their leadership style. Really need to change how they behave with prospective and current employees .

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at QuintilesIMS (San Diego, CA) in May 2011.

Interview

Multiple phone interviews w/ HR, hiring manager; in person interview with peers and hiring manager. Onboarding was extremely unorganized in Raleigh-don't expect much from it.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you were handling a difficult project   1 Answer

Negotiation

Not much negotiation.

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at QuintilesIMS (Durham, NC) in March 2009.

Interview

Takes a long time to get through the interview process in NC. Best way to connect is to know someone who can refer you for a position or share your information directly with hiring managers. Managers and agencies appear to manage recruiting/hiring process instead of Human Resources.

Interview Questions

• Most unexpected part of the interview proces was the number of people you need to meet with and the number of times you need to connect.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Ask for the high end salary for role. Once you are hired, increases are only recognizable if you add multiple year increments.

Associate Director Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at QuintilesIMS.

Interview

Streamlined process, several interviews with practical real life experience being most valued. Technical credentials are referenced and confirmed. The interviews are relaxed but several people will take notes and confirm your responses. The culture of team approvals for new hires indicates a strong desire to have consensus in hiring. Follow up by HR is sometimes spotty but on the whole professional and timely.

Interview Questions

• Several case studies presented to gauge the reaction of the candidate to unexpected challenges.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Yes negotiation within limits is OK