QuintilesIMS Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

QuintilesIMS Consultant Interview Questions

3.2

Consultant Interview

Interview

One telephone screen, one interview in person, then a three round interview. Very friendly people overall. The case was somewhat difficult, not too bad if you are prepared. Recruiter worked fast and had meetings set up.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for QuintilesIMS

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at QuintilesIMS in March 2015.

Interview

There was an initial screening and then a 2 part interview: Behavioral and Case-Based. Both were in the same location on the same day but with two different people. Both interviewers were pleasant and easy to talk to. The Behavioral interview was typical (tell me about your experiences, leadership, handling of work load). The case was not too difficult but the interviewer definitely wanted to see that you were thinking from all angles and kept challenging you to consider alternatives.

Interview Questions

• Has there been a time where you have shown leadership in a group setting?   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at QuintilesIMS.

Interview

Very hurried process. I had an interview every week for 4 weeks straight - starting with a questionnaire, three phone interviews, and then 3 in person interviews with a presentation. I would get notice for an interview 1-2 days before. During the phone interviews, the interviewers were rude and it is really obvious that they believe that they are better than you. They will focus on certain topics (data manipulation/analytics) and ask you 5-6 questions per interview on those alone. Every interviewer asked me the same thing, which shows how disorganized they are/how they must not communicate with one another.

Interview Questions

• I was asked three different case questions throughout the process. Two mini cases then one case with a presentation - case was about 5 pages long.   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at QuintilesIMS.

Interview

I found the interview process to be disorganized. I had four phone/video interviews prior to the "next phase," which is when I would have an in-person interview. Either the interviewers do not share information or they are very inefficient because I have had to share the same information on a loop. At this point, I would not be interested in even going in for the in-person interviews since what I have experienced thus far has been absurd. Not only that, but the main phone interview I had was downright painful. I have never had to go into so much detail about my previous positions as I did with this organization. I felt like the interviewer was getting mad at me, intimidating me, and practically yelled at me for attempting to explain myself. Perhaps this is the nature of the organization, but this has been a good way to learn I am not interested in being an employee here.

Interview Questions

• Why would you leave your current company when it clearly has what you are looking for?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Plymouth Meeting, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at QuintilesIMS (Plymouth Meeting, PA).

Interview

I have to say that the HR and everyone involved in the interview process were phenomenal! Process was as follows:
    Received a questionnaire from HR
    Phone interview was scheduled- behavioural questions as standard, a "non-routine" case, and questions relating to data manipulation experience.
    I was flown in for an in-person interview that lasted for more than 5 hours. Interview included a case presentation.

In all, a great experience!

Interview Questions

• Experience with data manipulation
      Previous use of IMS data and conclusions arrived at
      Case presentation relating to acquisition
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at QuintilesIMS (Philadelphia, PA) in March 2014.

Interview

The interview process was fairly standard. There is an upfront background submission, detailing past work experiences and salary demands. Next comes a 30 minute phone call, behavioral questions with a 10 minute high-level case, no quantitative aspect included. Should you move on, you will be brought in for an in-person interview day, with 3 rounds of 2:1, focusing mostly on behavioral/fit questions. There is a case component that includes a 45-minute period for you to review the case, and afterward 15 minutes for a panel presentation and Q&A. All-in-all, not a stressful process, but be sure you have practiced cases and are comfortable speaking in front of audiences, with a logical thought process.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult question was the case, asking to choose between different business models for a pharma company.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Anonymous Employee in Plymouth Meeting, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at QuintilesIMS (Plymouth Meeting, PA) in January 2014.

Interview

I was referred by an employee and was contacted for a phone interview within one week. The phone interview was more intense than normal phone interviews. We only briefly went over my resume before jumping into very specific questions about my skills and skills required for the job. They spent little time actually explaining the job and more time screening your skills and direct experience to ensure you have the experience to match the job. For example, we spent a lot of time discussing forms of data analysis and my direct experience with data manipulation. I was not very confident after the phone interview based on their responses to my answers but I received an invite for an on-site interview within 12 hours.

I interviewed with 6 different people which was nice because I was able to ask a lot of questions within different levels of the company. I was more prepared for the on-site interview based on the questions during the phone interview. The interview seemed to go very well however it was a very long day (bring snacks!). I was there for more than half of the day. The interview ended with a case study which was pretty straight forward. They give you little time to prepare but I think they are just testing your ability to speak in public and present your ideas clearly.

I received a non-formal verbal offer within 2-3 days because I was interviewing with other companies. The actual formal offer did not come until 4 weeks later due to internal setbacks. However, the talent acquisition manager did a great job to keep me updated along the way.

Interview Questions

• Should globo pharma company acquire small pharma company based on their product.   1 Answer

Negotiation

They offered more than I asked for so I did not attempt to negotiate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at QuintilesIMS (San Jose, CA) in November 2013.

Interview

PHONE INTERVIEW

Interview Questions

• CASE STUDY AND FEW BASIC BEHAVIOR QUESTIONS   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Plymouth Meeting, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at QuintilesIMS (Plymouth Meeting, PA) in August 2013.

Interview

Phone interview:
    I have a friend inside the company, so he referred. After his referral (almost the same day), I got a call from HR discussing the interview availability. A week later, HR called me and discussed about my experiences, my master program, my earliest start date. He also asked me what would I consider as my analytical skills. All you need to prepare is to be ready to talk about your past working experiences and your strengths, and, don’t forget to smile☺

On-site interview:
    A week later, HR contacted me and invited me to have on-site interview. I had three 1:1 interviews (1 hour for each) with different engagement managers, and a case interview. The case interview was pretty straightforward. They gave me a short case, and I would analyze the problems and provide my solutions. I had 45 minutes to prepare for the case (they would leave you alone, and give you a laptop without internet access), and another 1 hour to do the presentation and answer questions. I presented my PowerPoint slides in front of 4 managers, and they asked several questions after I finished.

I felt the case not that hard. As long as you have the case interview training and a framework to analyze business problems, you should be fine. Managers wouldn’t challenge you a lot if your assumptions are reasonable and solutions are practical.

Interview Questions

• How many people would you bring with you if you go to client's site and solve their problems?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I am pretty satisfied with the salary and benefits, so there is not much to negotiate.

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at QuintilesIMS.

Interview

The first interview is a screening interview to find out about basic skills and interest in the company. Following the screening they invite you in for a day of interviewing with consultants at different levels. At the end of the day you are required to do a presentation. Plan on being there for several hours and meeting with a group of people for your final presentation.

Interview Questions

• Case studies are typical management consultant case studies. Be prepared.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiation was flexible.